FPs 30 days out

sablebomb

Mouseketeer
When we went last year, we did a split stay so I got to book FP's 60 days out and although we still couldn't get FOP or SDD, I was able to get pretty much everything else we wanted.

That being said, IF we stay strictly offsite next visit, and can only book 30 days out, what are the changes we will be able to get some of the other popular rides (Space Mountain, Everest, TOT, Rock N' Roller Coaster, Test Track??

TIA

Nothing you listed should be hard. The hard ones will be 7DMT, Flight of Passage and Slinky Dog Dash.

and I've already come to the conclusion that I won't get those anyway. As long as we can still get the other ones, I won't worry too much.

Availability

The vast majority of the 63 FP attractions at WDW have FPs available as late as day-of.

Guests participating in the FP+ Pilot Program, who have access to FPs at 90 days in advance, can assume wide availability for all attractions.

- Attractions listed here are the most difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect limited availability even at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests are unlikely to get much availability (if at all) at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance may require frequent monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are most unlikely, but possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Magic Kingdom)
  • Frozen Ever After (Epcot)
  • Slinky Dog Dash (Hollywood Studios)
  • Avatar Flight Of Passage (Animal Kingdom)
- Attractions listed here can be difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect good availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect limited availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance will likely require regular monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom)
  • Peter Pan's Flight (Magic Kingdom)
  • Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (Epcot)
  • Soarin' (Epcot)
  • Test Track (Epcot)
  • Toy Story Mania (Hollywood Studios)
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Hollywood Studios)
  • Navi River Journey (Animal Kingdom)
  • Rivers of Light (Animal Kingdom)
- All other attractions are relatively easy to get. Onsite guests can expect wide availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect good availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days is likely, but availability may be limited. Same-day FPs are likely, but may require frequent monitoring via MDX.

- Success at getting FPs depends primarily on two factors: the size of the group and how often one is willing to “refresh” the available FP list for that attraction. Constant refreshing, patience, and persistence can result in getting even the most difficult FPs as late as day-of.

- The MDX system can be used to check availability at any park, even if FPs are selected for a different park that day. However, guests are advised to be careful not to confirm any selections offered, or existing FPs will be affected. See the FP FAQ Addendum for more information.

- In general, day-of FP availability for most headliners--particularly outside of Magic Kingdom—is typically low and approaches nonexistent as choices for 4th FPs since several hours must pass until guests are eligible for 4th FPs.

- There is little evidence that different “pools” of FPs are maintained for different booking windows. In other words, the full slate of FPs available for any particular attraction is released at one time, some 70+ days in advance, and none are saved for offsite guests or those who wait until they arrive in the park.

- If maximum choice and times of FPs is desired, then reserving them at the earliest opportunity is highly recommended.

Peter Pan is often not avaliable or only evening hours avaliable. More popular attractions often have no morning times left. For MK, I book ones harder to get same day that are still avaliable for 10-11, 11-12, and 12-1, then try to modify them to something better while I’m on lunch breaks at work etc. For the other parks, as theres far less attractions, I’ll book the attractions I want if avaliable and if the times not good, will periodically attempt to change it. If I still have changes to make within two days of the reservations, I refresh constantly over breaks etc as many more people cancel within two days. I can usually get good times for anything but FoP, SDD, 7DMT, and PP this way before I walk in the gate. I’m a local passholder, so it’s always 30 days or less for me.

We stayed offsite last year for the first time and were able to get everything (eventually) except Peter Pan. I couldn't originally get 7DMT or FoP when I booked at 30 days out, but I checked a couple times a day and was eventually able to get what I wanted. Also, if they update/change park hours in the weeks leading up to your trip, start checking then, more FP should be added if the hours are extended.

We're staying offsite the end of February, any chance we'll be able to get any of the Toy Story Land rides at 30 days? Na'vi River? I couldn't even get SDMT at 60 days over the summer so I know that's a lost cause.

With the exception of 7DMT, Slinky Dog, and FOP, I've been able to get other popular fast passes like the ones you've mentioned at the 30 day mark, even at busy periods. But most of the morning ones for popular things will be gone. Still you can get three FPs for popular rides that can really help with wait times, but it's not as easy to get a 4th, 5th, etc. as your times for the first ones will be later.

Out of what you listed, TT should be the only one that may be difficult. I would expect you can get the others, although, it may not be at the times you would prefer.
I would book as many FPs as you can in the morning so you can refresh and get new ones later in the day. Other than the extremely popular ones, we have been able to get almost all others as 4th, 5th on up later in the day.

We're dedicated offsite people. The only ones you'll have a hard time with are FoP and SDD. Everything else is easy. Besides, you can get pretty much anything day of, so IMO the 60 day vs 30 day thing is a non-issue.

We're dedicated offsite people. The only ones you'll have a hard time with are FoP and SDD. Everything else is easy. Besides, you can get pretty much anything day of, so IMO the 60 day vs 30 day thing is a non-issue.

I agree! We stay offsite too (one day at Contemporary last year, but that's it). I really prefer offsite! Having said that, this year we are doing After Hours at AK so that I don't have to stress so much about trying to get FOP fast passes because I really do love it and I don't want to rope drop it in the madness. I don't have problems with anything else. I did get FOP last year because of a time change at AK but that was about 34 days out.

I tried to get 7DMT at the stroke of 7 a.m. for 30 days out fast pass and no fast passes left This was for 2/13.

Missed a cruise and got last minute fastpasses (went to Orlando as we were already in Florida and had the week off). Six days out for yesterday (crowd level 9 at the MK too) I was able to get Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain. We skipped 7DMT -- waits all day 1-2 hrs. At Epcot we just wanted to do Frozen, Test Track, and Soaring and visit the World Showcase stuff, and I got Test Track as it worked best with timing of our visit (you can just get one of the Tier 1 fastpasses) - crowd level 6. At Animal Kingdom, as others have said, no chance for FOP and we skipped it due to long lines, but got fastpasses for Everest and Dinosaur (two days out). We could have gotten the Safari when it was raining, but not for the afternoon with clearer weather, and we waited 45 minutes for this (three days out) - crowd level 4 with rain in morning, so we just considered indoor things for morning and outdoor for afternoon.

I'm sure at 30 days off you could do much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter