Freddy Mercury: Gay or Bi?

MouseWorshipin

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>I hear there is mou
I'm having an argument with my son. He thinks Freddy was bisexual, I think he was plain old gay.

Anyone know?

He went through a period where he was unsure, very common. My prom date had a girlfriend all through highschool and was not celebate but by the time he took me to the prom the writing was on the wall (the reason why the girlfriend was not his date to the prom).

He had a close female friend but, if I remember correctly she was just that, a friend.

I think he was bi . :confused3 On the VH1 Legends show they did on Queen, Freddy had a very close relationship with his ex girl friend , especially when he was about to pass away. I think he even made her executer of his will... Course I could be wrong.

I think he was definitely gay. Maybe he was unsure at some point in his life due to stricter social mores when he was young, but I think for most of his adult life there was not much confusion.

When I saw some of the Idol contestants last night trying to sing Queen songs, it just made me that much sadder at losing such an incredible talent, both with his voice and his stage presence. Long live Freddy!

I believe he was gay, but went through a bi phase, but no matter which he was simply one of the most powerful and talented artist.

The VH1 documentary made it pretty clear he and his ex were just good friends I thought. You're sick and dying of a scary disease. You are going to be close to the people who are good to you and not worry so much if they are male or female. I thought it was a closeness akin to what I share with a couple of my male friends. A familial bond that is not sexual.

I agree, his ex could have been "like a sister" to him. Gay or bi, Freddy was Fantabulous. That man could belt out a tune.....I was so sad when he passed away. :sad2:

Freddy is very popular around here...even got my oldest DD to LOVE him...she's a big Queen fan now and we had a good time watching the AI contestants attempt to sing Queen. Some were GOOD, a few SUCKED...but no matter how you put it, QUEEN is way too big for anyone to emulate.

Back on topic, I believe Freddy was gay.

The world misses you....

Missed so much....an incredible vocalist....so-called "opera" group here in the Uk called G4 attempt Queen material, takes all 4 of them to cope with the range of Freddie's vocals.....covered 'Barcelona'....Lesley Garret is ok with Monserrat Caballe's vocals, but the rest...sheesh! Freddie was gay, not that it really matters....

Freddie made a pretty famos quote in a book I read many years ago (don't remember title) " I have never missed an opportunity to do everything with everybody."
I took it to mean he was bi.

He was gay and never 'confused' why do you think the band was named Queen? BTW I got that from Brian May!

Gay or not, that man knew how to ROCK. And that, my friends, is a rare gift indeed.

Freddy Mercury was def gay! Yes he might have been with a woman, but maybe he quit when it was his turn! :thumbsup2

Over here we were led to believe he was bi. You know a bit like George Michael and Elton John ;)

I've watched a documentary on the group Queen and their promoter. They talk openly about Freddy being gay and his notorious life, sex and otherwise.

Those we the 70s and 80s. I count myself lucky to be alive, healthy and negative. Freddy was one of the many, many talented people taken from us long before their time.

He's still rocking the world. Thanks, Freddy! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter