• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free annual passes to WDW?

rob@rar.org.uk

Skiing is best, Mickey comes next
Thought that might get your attention!

Free annual passes to WDW? No, not quite. But I wanted to highlight the discounts that annual passholders can get if they stay at WDW hotels, which can cover the cost of the AP itself.

Jane and I bought our annual passes last year at a cost of about £300 each. We will use them again this August when we will be staying for 7 nights at the All Star Movies and 7 nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The standard (rack) rates for our hotel accommodation totals $3,227, but with the annual passholder discounts that are currently being offered this price is brought down to $1,856. This saves us a whopping £850 - more than covering the cost of our annual passes. Most of this discount applies to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but our 7 nights at the All Stars is discounted by $270.

Other discounts are available to non-annual passholders, but usually AP rates are the deepest discounts that WDW offer. Not every member of your party needs to be an annual passholder to get discounted rates, so buying one annual pass and hopper tickets for everyone else might be a good strategy. The cheapest annual pass that WDW offer for non-Florida residents is $354 if you are a member of the Disney Club.

Hope this is food for thought if you are trying to decide between a package holiday or a DIY holiday.

Regards

Rob

Certainly made me look Rob!

Makes buying an Annual Pass worthwhile doesn't it, if and when the time comes that I'm planning two WDW trips within a year it's certainly something I'll go for!

Astrid

Great advice!

For one trip, I joined the Disney Club and used that to get the discount on our four Annual Passes (the saving covered the cost of joining DC), then had room discounts for being an AP holder which paid for the price of two of the APs :bounce: My AP was used for three trips, the other three family members used theirs for two trips

I know I still had to hand over the money at some stage of the transaction, but it did feel as though we were getting DC membership and two APs for nothing :crazy:

We'll be planning all future holidays so that we always get two within a 12 month period. Annual passes for both Disney and Universal, and you can't go wrong.

Thanks,Rob.

We're planin to go the AP route next year so this is very valuable information. We'll probably do the Disney Club too as that sounds another bargain (thanks Hilary).

Rob or Hilary.

Can you explain the disney Club????

What is it ?

How much to join?

How to Join?

What other benefits do you get???

Many Thanks- Sue.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

www.disneyclub.com

It's Disney's loyalty programme, replacing the Magic Kingdom Club. It has an annual subscription ($39.95, plus $20 if you live outside the USA), and offers a range of discounts on Disney stuff including theme park passes, merchandise accommodation, etc.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter