Free CM Comp Tickets how do they work?

Leofoenget

DIS Veteran
My BIL works for Eyewitness News Channel 7 and gets free tickets to DL,and said my friend could have 1 or 2 for the trip in June. Problem is, she is quite ill and won't go into details about how it works. Kind of a "I'll deal with it later" kind of a thing. I feel very funny pressing for details because it's not really THAT important, except I want to know how it works because I like to plan. All I know is you print something off....?? My GUESS is you print off a voucher kind of thing then exchange that for a ticket (1 day or parkhopper??) I don't even know if it's a 1 day 1 park or a parkhopper Is that correct? Won't someone have to show ID? They will not be coming. Could someone in the know please tell my how the free CM tickets work?

thanks

It would depend on when the tickets were issued. However, all Cast Complimentary Tickets are based on the same principle, so let's start there.

Cast Complimentary Tickets are issued twice per year to all Cast Members and Employees of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, which includes the ABC Television Network and KABC-TV here in Los Angeles.

These tickets are able to act as the following:
  • 1-Day Park Hopper Ticket, Disneyland Resort
  • 1-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket with Park Hopper, Walt Disney World Resort
  • 1-Day/2-Park Hopper Ticket, Disneyland Paris
  • 1-Day Peak Day Ticket, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort

Unfortunately, Cast Complimentary Tickets are not valid for admission to the Theme Parks of the Tokyo Disney Resort in Japan.

Cast Members and Employees may share these tickets with their Friends and Family, so long as no money is exchanged. The Cast Member or Employee does not need to be present when using these tickets.

How you use these tickets depends on when they were issued.

Prior to Winter 2008, Cast Complimentary Tickets were issued on Plastic Card-Stock, similar to a Credit Card. To use these tickets at the Disneyland Resort, simply take them to any Main Entrance Turnstyle at the entrance to either Disneyland Park or Disney's California Adventure Park. You can use these tickets for re-entry, to go between Parks, and with Disney's FastPass Service.

Since Winter 2008, Cast Complimentary Tickets have been issued as Disney's eTickets. To use these tickets at the Disneyland Resort, print out the Disney's eTicket, which would be sent to you by the Cast Member or Employee via email. Take the Disney's eTicket to any Main Entrance Turnstyle at the entrance to either Disneyland Park or Disney's California Adventure Park. A Host or Hostess will scan the Disney's eTicket, and issue a regular Theme Park Admission Ticket that you will use for re-entry, to go between Parks, and with Disney's FastPass System.

Wow thanks for great info. So go to the enterence not the white ticket booth to exchange it?

Yes, DH just used the credit card type one last week. It had like a stained glass castle on the front. We just went thru the turnstiles as usual. It worked for FP and to get in and out of both parks throughout the day. I was glad we didn't have to bear the ticket lines to turn it into a ticket.

Have a great time.:)

my brother worked for disney till last year. he gave me a bunch of cast complimentary tickets to use. these are plastic/credit card type castle photo on the top tickets.
he left disney couple of months back.
now i am not sure if these tickets are valid at the front gate of disneyland?
do they check if the employee to whom these tickets were issued is still working? i dont want to spend $ on airfare, hotel only to realize that i need to buy tickets at the front gate and that too at full price.
many thanks for your replies
Atieu

atieu - when we used DD's comp ticket, she no longer worked at Disney, either. She quit last Nov and we used the pass for DH on Mother's Day in May. As long as it is not expired, it still is valid. They get them twice a year and the ones she got in the summer of 2008 don't expire until June 2010. Unless they had a recent policy change, you should be good to go. Have a great trip.:)

After I completed my college program at WDW, I used my comp tickets about a year later at Disneyland. They didn't care, all though I did have to ask a Guest Relations CM, and it took forever to get in the gate. It had nothing to do with my employment status, but rather, the fact that they had never seen any like that one before. They were plain white with small text on them. But after that, no problem.

But that was several years ago, so I would check with someone with more current information. But I really don't think Disney will care.

ETA: See? Lulubelle knew!

CM comp tickets that are issued twice a year have an expiration date. I believe it is 2 years from date of issue. They are tickets that anyone could use and you do not need a CM present to use them. The only time a CM needs to be present is if they are signing you in using their main gate or silver pass. These comp tickets are usually given to CMs to give to friends/family or even for the CM to use them during the black out dates of their main gate/silver pass.

There are no black out days for the comp tickets but like I said there is an expiration date on them. They issued the plastic card by mail to CMs but the CM can also email them to you- similar to how a season ticket holder of a sports team can resell their tickets online- getting the ticket via email.

Also, once a CM quits, the tickets are still good but just as long as they haven't expired.

I have a handful of CM complimentary tickets from about 30 years ago. They have no expiration date. I wonder if they are worth more than admission.

I have a handful of CM complimentary tickets from about 30 years ago. They have no expiration date. I wonder if they are worth more than admission.

WOW! 30 years ago, really?!:scared1:
I would save at least one or two and treasure them as valuable memorabilia. I wonder if they would work at the turnstiles? Probably not since there is no barcode, but a Lead or Manager could probably verify their validity and they would work. I wish you would post a pic, I would love to see one. Cool story, Mike.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter