Free dining 2014

Thanks for the tip! I just did the same to secure the reservation. ..can upgrade later!
I did the same thing as long as you "lock in" with the room and FD you can wait for the craziness of FD to die down then upgrade from there

Last year we booked our trip July 31 on the last day of the free dining deal and were able to get two rooms! With the exclusion of POR it may go quicker this year, but it's hard to say! Good luck!!!!

It is going quick. After an hour plus on hold tried to get quote to change resort from POR to CB...sold out. Tried to get Pop quote...,sold out. UGH Hoping other offers will pop up for October since this is so far in advance.

At least when I'm going (October 3rd) it seems like there is very limited avalibility for FD. Nothing at Caribbean beach, nothing at pop, only $6000 suites at Coronado. Ended up that the only availability out of the values and moderates was all star music.

I went ahead and booked at ASMu 11/15-22 rather than wait. I might have to cancel one of the days later (booked 7, may only stay 6 nights) but that should be no big deal.

For those who had errors when trying to upgrade to regular dining from quick service, that is fixed now. I was able to do mine online and add the upgrade.

I bet the moderates go faster than any other hotel type since POR and POFQ are excluded. We stayed at CSR last year and it was great, but wanted to do a value this time to save a little bit of $ plus I think DD will like the heavy theming. :)

Good luck all!

I was just checking and ASMu and ASSp seem to be sold out for the offer as well!! (Oct 3-11) glad I got it secured...may need a 3rd room though :(

Do you get "meals" the day you check out?
We're staying Sun - Sat, would we only get Credits for Sun - Fri?

ktondre said:
Do you get "meals" the day you check out?
We're staying Sun - Sat, would we only get Credits for Sun - Fri?

You get 1 credit for each NIGHT you stay, so no, nothing for the day you check out. However, credits can still be used the day you check out if you have any remaining.

Just got free dining for our dates for pop! :Cheer: woooo! I was on hold for two hours....but the woman I spoke with was PHENOMENAL! She upgraded us to the regular dining package (since the price difference is still less than what our original package was) and also noted on our account a specific room that should give us a view of the fireworks. She explained that if we stay in the 50s building facing the lake on the fourth floor we will be able to see illuminations. I thought it was so nice of her to take the extra time to add the notes onto our package so we get the best experience. I know they must be out straight.

I'm just so excited to get our dates for FD! Woooo!!!

Just got free dining for our dates for pop! :Cheer: woooo! I was on hold for two hours....but the woman I spoke with was PHENOMENAL! She upgraded us to the regular dining package (since the price difference is still less than what our original package was) and also noted on our account a specific room that should give us a view of the fireworks. She explained that if we stay in the 50s building facing the lake on the fourth floor we will be able to see illuminations. I thought it was so nice of her to take the extra time to add the notes onto our package so we get the best experience. I know they must be out straight. I'm just so excited to get our dates for FD! Woooo!!!

Awesome!! We got FREE dining for our November stay at Pop too!!! We did upgrade from quick service to table service though!! So exciting!!!

Seems like availability changes by the minute. I see open ressies that weren't open earlier.

Our TA said that Disney allots so many or a percentage of a resort for FD, not all the rooms there. So if you are sitting on a room only reservation, there is no promise that there will be dining when things settle down. She said that in her 20+ yrs she has never seen Disney roll it all out at once like this and it is a nightmare. I don't want to burst balloons, but we thought when we moved from POFQ to standards at CSR we were safe, but by the time she got thru (10hrs on hold!) the allotted number for standards had been used, so we had to go to the King. If something re-opens, we will try to move our two rooms, but for now, we have FD, a room, and good friends at Disney.:)

It does seem to be going fast. I booked a room for Nov 17-21 for my mom, that is a M-F, and the CM said only 2 were left. That was at ASMu, too, not IMO one of the more highly sought out places.

Holy cow!!! Just booked a 3rd room for Oct 3...then was talking to Disney and the rep was shocked! Before I even mentioned it, he told me there was no more availability for those dates!

It was INSANE! I was on the phone 5 to 6 on the day they released to the public. I was then on hold for THREE HOURS! During those three hours my husband was trying as well but never once got through. At 3 hours and 5 minutes the agent picked up and HUNG UP ON ME!!!! My anger was sooooo out of control after all that time and then I started crying, knowing that I would have to wait that long again. During that time my husband got through but was put on hold.....for another 2 hours. FIVE HOURS on hold and we finally got it. GEEZ! I think my time was worth more. Hahaha!

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
It was INSANE! I was on the phone 5 to 6 on the day they released to the public. I was then on hold for THREE HOURS! During those three hours my husband was trying as well but never once got through. At 3 hours and 5 minutes the agent picked up and HUNG UP ON ME!!!! My anger was sooooo out of control after all that time and then I started crying, knowing that I would have to wait that long again. During that time my husband got through but was put on hold.....for another 2 hours. FIVE HOURS on hold and we finally got it. GEEZ! I think my time was worth more. Hahaha!

Yowsers! I would have cried too.

I've already booked the discounted room rate using my DV for this fall. I did not inquire about free dining because we will be part time Florida residents starting this summer. I was planning on purchasing Florida season passes. My friend told me that I could add our tickets onto our reservation so we could qualify for free dining. Then upgrade to season passes when we get there and just pay the difference. Is this true? If so, do I have to pay the full balance or can I do the payment plan for the season passes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts