Free dining announced for 2020

Jo2019

Mouseketeer
I got an email about select dates in June July and August, but cannot get the website to load. Anyone know what resorts are participating?

I wish I could answer, but when I got online to look, I get the "We're Almost in Orbit We need a moment to complete your request. Don't refresh the page or select the back button! Approximate Wait Time (min:sec)" message :(

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels
Valid for arrivals most nights 6/27/20 – 6/ 28/20, 7/5/20 – 7/7/20 and 8/29/20 – 9/8/20
FREE Disney Dining Plan
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort (for stays starting December 16, 2019)
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels
Valid for arrivals most nights 6/27/20 – 6/ 28/20, 7/5/20 – 7/7/20 and 8/29/20 – 9/8/20
FREE Disney Dining Plan
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disneys Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels
Valid for arrivals most nights 6/27/20 – 6/28/20, 7/5/20 – 7/7/20 and 8/29/20 – 9/8/20
FREE Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
  • The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
Select Disney Value Resort Hotels
Valid for arrivals most nights 6/27/20 – 6/28/20, 7/5/20 – 7/7/20 and 8/29/20 – 9/8/20
FREE Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Family Suites only
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort

I’m already booked for July 7-12. Can’t do free dining since I already got discount tickets. Question though: do you think this means crowds will be even crazier? I’m sort of panicking! 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m thinking Disney has no issues filling their rooms and don’t to offer as many discounts

Argh... I literally just made all my reservations and to take advantage of this offer I need to shift my dates by a couple of days... back to the drawing board!

Strange to be so limited.

Honestly, I don't even know how much longer they'll offer it for. The parks are so crowded these days. Everyone complains about how it's too expensive but the crowds certainly don't support that argument. We did our first WDW/cruise combo in 2019. My 7 year old said she would prefer to skip the parks in 2020 and do a longer Disney Cruise only. We all agreed.

They keep reducing it every year. It was only 2-3 years ago where moderate resorts still got you the regular dining plan rather than the quick service.

Have any of you tried logging on to the official site and accessed the list that way?
There seems to be lots of restaurants missing from the list mainly DS and Epcot which isn’t good..Plus the website doesn’t want to co-operate for me at the moment

Contracts are often signed into January, esp for Epcot and DS restaurants, aka non-disney owned

if a restaurant participates in 2019, assume they will in 2020

That’s good to know, we don’t want to miss our favourite locations. We look forward to our meals whilst on vacation.

I assume this means bookings, generally, are up for 2020? So, no quiet times? Just mega crowds 366 days?

I really think it’s time they built a new park since every park seems to be at maximum capacity all year long. Close crowds don’t make the parks magical or relaxing but rather stressful.
Why build extra rooms in the resorts and not have anywhere else for those guests to go? It’s not a pleasure when you plan your days and can’t move after leaving your resort room.
They also need to encourage private restaurant participation in available locations so there’s more dining venues that folks actually want to dine in. Despite the refit and refurb Paddlefish apparently still isn’t drawing in that many diners. It looks good don’t get me wrong however I think the menus need tweaking a bit. Heck we may even dine at the Swan and Dolphin and pay OOP For the food there it gets better reviews than I thought it would. Any way I’m watching this thread to see which restaurants sign up for this year again.

Disney World is overcrowded as it is. There's absolutely no reason to offer incentives to make it even more crowded.
I thought that September is a slow month. That's when we are going. Wouldn't there be a promotion for that month?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter