Free dining coming back?

zigzag

Earning My Ears
We started to look at summer 2020 a few weeks back in early October, at that time there was free dining on offer and rooms at the moderates (our favourites), now having got leave from work sorted and found some flights I see that the free dining has disappeared (along with rooms at the moderates :-().

So, does anyone know if the free dining promo will be returning?

The trip is unaffordable without dining but I worry unless it comes back soon the airfares will have increased further and that would still make the trip unaffordable.

No it is unlikely to come back. I've never seen the UK offer come back out. They usually do some kind of other offer but not the dining offer I'm afraid.

I'd be shocked if I saw it offered again for 2020.

Sorry to echo @jackieleanne but I think it's highly unlikely the for UK DDP will be back. They started with Free DDP and $200 Disney Gift Card, then Free DDP with $100 and then finally Free DDP on its own. Several years back (2012) there was an offer after the main DDP offers that if you booked before the end of January 2013 you got free QSDP and we were able to book a July holiday for POFQ then. Haven't seen that happen since though. The US sites can have free DDP offers at different times to us but then you're tied into Magic Your Way tickets and perhaps less in the way of flights.

Mrs TT

Thanks for the replies, thought as much. Will now think about an alternative destination for our holidays.

That is such a shame. Maybe postpone until the following summer. Many of the current upgrades will be open by summer 2021 for the big anniversary. We have found that flights with virgin were a good price as soon as they come on sale (about 300 days before.) Good lucI.

That is such a shame. Maybe postpone until the following summer. Many of the current upgrades will be open by summer 2021 for the big anniversary. We have found that flights with virgin were a good price as soon as they come on sale (about 300 days before.) Good luck.

Actually the starting offer was $300 gift card if you pre registered with Disney.

In New Year you might see a stay x nights get 2 or 4 free. It’s not as good as the free dining but better than what is there now.

If you were to spend more than normal (which is what I’m doing for my 2020 Disney holiday) then keep the money and book in Apr for 2021. It’s possible it won’t come back, but these rumours come each year but it has come back. You do then have to accept booking the hots. Without air fares, but you just pay a £200 deposit, so if jump you could get out.

The trip is unaffordable without dining but I worry unless it comes back soon the airfares will have increased further and that would still make the trip unaffordable.

Have you considered staying off site? The savings you make in accommodation may more than make up for the cost of food. Try pricing it up including transport and see.

There is always a possibility that free dining may return, however the parks are crowded year round now and even the traditional times of the year when the crowds were lower are now busier. With more resorts built and more people, I doubt they need to have such incentives. But you just never know.

Actually the starting offer was $300 gift card if you pre registered with Disney.

In New Year you might see a stay x nights get 2 or 4 free. It’s not as good as the free dining but better than what is there now.

If you were to spend more than normal (which is what I’m doing for my 2020 Disney holiday) then keep the money and book in Apr for 2021. It’s possible it won’t come back, but these rumours come each year but it has come back. You do then have to accept booking the hots. Without air fares, but you just pay a £200 deposit, so if jump you could get out.

I know you posted this a few months ago but on the off chance how do you pre register with Disney? I'm thinking for 2021 lol. Thanks!

I know you posted this a few months ago but on the off chance how do you pre register with Disney? I'm thinking for 2021 lol. Thanks!
Something like 3 weeks before it went live you went to the Disney website and clicked through to their info on the upcoming offer then clicked to register.. I’d suggested keeping your eyes open from mid March but could be into April. They have varied the actual launch date, it normally starts in April.

whilst you will see many saying Disney doesn’t need it anymore due to;

Its busy all year - well they have more and more hotel rooms to fill. The parks are not only filled from onsite guests

its the 50th anniversary - actually not till October when this years offer had ended.

My guess is it will be on.

Thank you for this I appreciate the info. Were going either way so if it works out cheaper with a deal even better!

Something like 3 weeks before it went live you went to the Disney website and clicked through to their info on the upcoming offer then clicked to register.. I’d suggested keeping your eyes open from mid March but could be into April. They have varied the actual launch date, it normally starts in April.

whilst you will see many saying Disney doesn’t need it anymore due to;

Its busy all year - well they have more and more hotel rooms to fill. The parks are not only filled from onsite guests

its the 50th anniversary - actually not till October when this years offer had ended.

My guess is it will be on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!