Free Dining for DVC Members?

dwkwootton

Mouseketeer
There's an announcement that the free dining is coming back in September. Anyone know if there is a way to use it with DVC?

No free dining for DVC members. You can pay for it, but you can't get it free b/c it's only offered free to those paying rack rate (no discounts) for rooms.

The free dining promotion is for booking a package. You must book a resort room at full price, buy ticket(s) (same type) for everyone in your party. You can add the free dining on as the current promotion. I see that Disney Visa holders can book today and others 4/4. This is a good deal as we used it last September and booked at a value resort. Once you pay rack rate for a delux, it pretty much breaks even (unless you had planned to pay rack rate for a delux before the promotion). This promotion runs 8/13 to 9/30. It would be great for us to get it, but since it's a package promotion and we don't have packages, I wouldn't hold my breath. My first thought today was that renting points for this timeframe might change if anyone out there is looking rent points. Incentive: free dining vs paying for dining. If you stay at a value resort, this is a great deal.

We stayed at PoP last year for 3 nights with the Free Dining after the Member Cruise.

If you are willing to downgrade accomodations from DVC resorts to a Value resort, then you will save money.

That said, we had a great time, but that is a huge tradeoff. If you choose to stay at a Deluxe with Free Dining, renting points will cost less, plus you dont have to pay full price for at least a 1 day MYW ticket.

One thing I have always said, that DVC cannot be compared to a value resort in price or amenities. Those not willing to compromise to get the free dining and wanting to stay in a Deluxe resort, will still do better renting points.

When people stay on DVC points and purchase the dining plan, it's not tied to a ticket purchase. Big difference in that alone. Especially if you don't need the tickets. A lot of DVC members are annual passholders, so obviously, they don't need to buy tickets.

The free dining promotion offered by Disney doesn't have anything to do with DVC. It's a cash "Package" deal where you have to pay rack rate for your room, buy tickets for everybody in your party, and then you get the free dining as a bonus. I think Disney offered the free dining package deal last year during hurricane season (fall) if I remember correctly.

robmags said:
Does anyone know what the price is for the Dining program?

Its $35 for adults and $11 or $12 for children under 10 - its a great deal imho for the price... its a lot of food -

For a CS you get the "fast food" type of meals - and some of the "meals" are a lot of food!! We usually split a "lunch" and a "breakfast" -

The TS meals are the "sit down" meals and you get an appetizer, entree, and dessert, and non alcoholic beverage -

we couldnt do it for $35 -
but many have broken it down and think using the DDE discount is a better deal for them, esp if you dont eat dessert at every meal!!

plus you get snack (from a list, but usually around $2 water, soda, frozen wrapped ice cream.. popcorn...)

It is actually a little more expensive that than: $37.99 for adults and $10.99 for young children 3-9 years old.

n2mm said:
The free dining promotion is for booking a package. You must book a resort room at full price, buy ticket(s) (same type) for everyone in your party. You can add the free dining on as the current promotion. I see that Disney Visa holders can book today and others 4/4. This is a good deal as we used it last September and booked at a value resort. Once you pay rack rate for a delux, it pretty much breaks even (unless you had planned to pay rack rate for a delux before the promotion). This promotion runs 8/13 to 9/30. It would be great for us to get it, but since it's a package promotion and we don't have packages, I wouldn't hold my breath. My first thought today was that renting points for this timeframe might change if anyone out there is looking rent points. Incentive: free dining vs paying for dining. If you stay at a value resort, this is a great deal.

does anyone have the code for this promotion?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter