Free dining in the fall?

Will you take advantage of free dining this year?

• Yes

Votes: 68 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Honeybee83

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard (other than the current bounce back offer) any indication that Disney will offer free dining in the fall? I'm sorry if this has already been asked somewhere but after doing a few searches I couldn't find a dedicated "Official dining Watch" thread. At what point do people start to track when free dining will be released to the public and when should you start watching so you know what day you need to jump on the offer?

One site I visited was optimistic that even though the dates of the bounce back offer appeared limited, the fact that so many early dates were being offered should be construed as a good sign. It doesn't necessarily mean that these will remain the only dates offered, but rather that they will see how much this impacts attendance and probably release more dates if need be.

Thoughts?

I'm interested in this as well. I read something yesterday that general Fall offers could be available in late April early May, but I'm not sure if that includes free dining.

There is no certainty that Disney will offer Free Dining this fall. Sure it's likely but there will likely be limited hotel, or ticket requirements, stuff like that. Every year Disney ups the requirements to make it less worth it.

Last year it was announced on April 25, and expired 7/8. Covered dates 8/23/16-12/21/16 with blackouts 10/2/16-11/14/16, 11/22/16-11/25/16 and 11/29/16-12/9/16.

I didn't make a note of requirements, but I think there was a minimum of so many nights, (4 maybe?) and you also had to get a package with Park Hoppers as part of the tickets. There also were resorts or room types not included.

Last year it was announced on April 25, and expired 7/8. Covered dates 8/23/16-12/21/16 with blackouts 10/2/16-11/14/16, 11/22/16-11/25/16 and 11/29/16-12/9/16.

I didn't make a note of requirements, but I think there was a minimum of so many nights, (4 maybe?) and you also had to get a package with Park Hoppers as part of the tickets. There also were resorts or room types not included.
Park hoppers or water parks and more tickets.

There is no certainty that Disney will offer Free Dining this fall. Sure it's likely but there will likely be limited hotel, or ticket requirements, stuff like that. Every year Disney ups the requirements to make it less worth it.
It definitely looks like they're trying to phase this particular promotion out slowly. It's so popular I doubt that they would ever just cut it completely. It does appear however, they are trying to make so many add-ons and extra hoops necessary that it is far less appealing. I think they're hoping that with all of that, interest will eventually die off and they can get rid of it.

Interesting to note....
The bounceback offer that was made available included dates starting as early as mid August (around the 12th?). Historically according to what I have read, the offer usually looks very similar when it comes out in April or May. The other factor which may determine the start date of free dining is that last year free dining did not begin until after the Savoury Summer Offer finished which then puts the start date as possibly Aug 25th.

The moral of the story is...... who knows what will happen until it actually does.

I haven't had free dining in a while.

I think my favorite was our first trip when we stayed at Sports for $50 a night with the table service plan included. Ah, the good old days.

That said, we did a bounce back deal for upcoming mid December. The promotion will actually work for us somewhat since we'll need tickets anyway.

Haven't done free dining in a while and will be taking advantage of it to do some 2 credit dinner shows like hoop de Doo and the luaua. I'm also excited to eat at Ohana again since the place priced me out a while ago.

Hi,

Quick question, we booked for Sept 4th to Sept 14th at POP with regular DP. We almost paid it in full already.

If we get Free Dining, shall we call again and re book? What about the money we already paid? Can we use that money as credit to pay for the new (FD=cheaper) and Disney will reimburse us the difference?

Or will they do a full reimbursement towards our credit card and we must pay the lower value again?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Quick question, we booked for Sept 4th to Sept 14th at POP with regular DP. We almost paid it in full already.

If we get Free Dining, shall we call again and re book? What about the money we already paid? Can we use that money as credit to pay for the new (FD=cheaper) and Disney will reimburse us the difference?

Or will they do a full reimbursement towards our credit card and we must pay the lower value again?

Thanks in advance

Usually they just refund a difference. And yes, if FD is announced, you definitely need to call and have them change the reservation.

I haven't had free dining in a while.

I think my favorite was our first trip when we stayed at Sports for $50 a night with the table service plan included. Ah, the good old days.

That said, we did a bounce back deal for upcoming mid December. The promotion will actually work for us somewhat since we'll need tickets anyway.

Haven't done free dining in a while and will be taking advantage of it to do some 2 credit dinner shows like hoop de Doo and the luaua. I'm also excited to eat at Ohana again since the place priced me out a while ago.

I remember doing this at POFQ for $99/night.

Hi,

Thanks in advance

You can try calling and they may be able to alter the existing reservation to add free dining. They may also tell you they can't, I've heard reports of both.

I did this last year and just booked the free dining package and cancelled the old one after (I hate making phone calls, so being able to do it all myself online was a perk). Deposit and refund were completely separate transactions.

There were lots of unhappy campers last year as the number of rooms allocated for free dining was limited. Also, the free dining offer went up on the WDW website around 2:00 to 3:00 am so by the time everyone started checking at 7:00 am when Central Reservations opened, there weren't many resorts left to choose from (if any).

You can try calling and they may be able to alter the existing reservation to add free dining. They may also tell you they can't, I've heard reports of both.

I did this last year and just booked the free dining package and cancelled the old one after (I hate making phone calls, so being able to do it all myself online was a perk). Deposit and refund were completely separate transactions.
This is what I will probably do if I am lucky enough to have my dates fall within the parameters of the free dining promotion. It's so much easier to do it online than to try to get through on the phone. I'm just happy to know that you can make the second reservation and having it all confirmed before you have to cancel the first. Right now I have Pop booked with the full dining plan using the Savoury Summer Offer discount but I would upgrade to a moderate resort if free dining came out for my dates of August 19 to 25.

Last 2 years there were different dated for Canadian residents. I am usually able to get free dining mid august. Although I bet there will still be particulars to the booking (ie park hopper) most of the time free dining is still the best deal for our family. I doubt this year will be the year they phase out this promotion, I hear that attendance is low right now. If it gets phased out I bet it will be with the opening of Star Wars and Toy Story land.

Last 2 years there were different dated for Canadian residents. I am usually able to get free dining mid august. Although I bet there will still be particulars to the booking (ie park hopper) most of the time free dining is still the best deal for our family. I doubt this year will be the year they phase out this promotion, I hear that attendance is low right now. If it gets phased out I bet it will be with the opening of Star Wars and Toy Story land.
I agree they won't phase it out right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't quite a few blackouts plus extra hoops to jump through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter