**FREE**Dining Plan and DVC

icydog

DIS Veteran
Has anyone heard of a promotion that gives you the Disney Dining Plan for free in August. A friend found a code in the NY Times that saved her $2000 for her already planned vacation to All Star Sports in August. She was able to remove the cost of food completely from her bottom line thereby saving her such a large amount of money (there are 13 people) on her vacation.
Is the free meal plan option avialable to Disney Vacation Club members using the new Dining Plan?

I heard the same thing. But I believe it is only good for a certain week, I am sure it is not the week of the 7th because my brother who will be in WDW AllStars couldn't get the deal for that week.

icy-dog said:
Has anyone heard of a promotion that gives you the Disney Dining Plan for free in August. A friend found a code in the NY Times that saved her $2000 for her already planned vacation to All Star Sports in August. She was able to remove the cost of food completely from her bottom line thereby saving her such a large amount of money (there are 13 people) on her vacation.
Is the free meal plan option avialable to Disney Vacation Club members using the new Dining Plan?

No, the free meal plan is NOT an option to DVC members staying at DVC resorts on points. Now, you could book a vacation through CRO at full price, purchase park tickets and get the free dining.

As DVC members we are able to purchase the Dining Plan without having to purchase tickets, so we are the only ones who can use the Dining Plan and have APs!

We are planning three trips, from Dec '06 - Nov '07, to take advantage of that!

FYI... all you need to do is book a 1 day park ticket, and you can get the free dining on your reservation. I have an AP, but it's worth it to book all stars and pay a one day ticket charge, to get the free dining. Many people did this last year, its an unbeatable deal... but wish we could get some free dining through DVC.

We are going on Sept. 30, the day that the promotion is over.
The dates are from Aug. 18th - Sept. 30th. Bummer!

Yes there is free dining for DVC members.

I'm a DVC member and I called and booked Pop Century for 4 nights, bought 2 one-day tickets for hubby and myself (AP holders) and got the free dining added on (Aug. 17-21). Total was $483. (once I apply the 2 one-day tickets ($134) to my AP renewals--which I have to do any way--my package will only cost $349, and will be using my disney reward points to pay for it.)

Of course, I didn't use my points or stay at a DVC locations. But any DVC member can get the free dining as long as you're willing to pay rack rate for a room and buy a minimum ticket of 1 day.

:woohoo:

Deemarch said:
We are going on Sept. 30, the day that the promotion is over.
The dates are from Aug. 18th - Sept. 30th. Bummer!

You are eligible for free dining! As long as your vacation begins on or before Sept 30th the offer extends through the rest of your vacation (to a maximum of ten nights). :thumbsup2

Boy what a good deal this is for families on a budget. BUT I am so spoiled by my DVC one bdrms that a stay in a regular hotel sounds awful- even if they do throw in the food. :goodvibes

icy-dog said:
Boy what a good deal this is for families on a budget. BUT I am so spoiled by my DVC one bdrms that a stay in a regular hotel sounds awful- even if they do throw in the food. :goodvibes

Same here! The difference in accommodations, the narrow time window for the free DP and the relatively small savings (for us) isn't worth it. We'll stay at DVC and maybe pay for a dining plan. If we had a family of six to feed, it might be different - but there's just the two of us.

DisFlan

My understanding is that you have to pay rack rate for your room. Is this right? If so, you may have to forego a discount of about $75/nite on the room (if it's a deluxe). I can't remember the last time we paid rack rate when we stayed at a hotel. A couple years ago, we saved $250 at FW trailer homes for 3 nites with a code from some RV show. If rack rate is required for the free DDP, it may not be as great a deal-good still probably, but not great.

Well, I couldn't resist the free dining!lol I already have a 2 bdrm booked for the BCV from 8/27-9/1 and was going to add a week before to OKW, but now we are adding 7 nights 8/20-27 at POR with the free dining. For my family it is a good deal-2 adults, 2 jrs and 1 child w/1 day tickets=$1412. It was in the middle of our free dining last year that I took the SSR tour and bought DVC! Must've been all that dining!lol

For us it will be the best of both worlds-parks and dining the 1st week and a nice 5 days relaxing at BCV afterward :)

icy-dog said:

Then just pay rack rate for your DVC one bedroom villa. You'll get free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter