Free Dining - Was it a one time thing?

CJK

DIS Veteran
Am I kidding myself with my hope that the free dining will come back someday? Anyone "in the know"? Thanks!! :cool1:

It is very unlikely they'll offer the Dining Plan for free again. They simply don't need to. They've introduced the program very effectively. If they really want to provide additional motivation for hurricane season bookings, they can discount it some, I suppose, but they could probably sell out every hotel room on-property with a much more modest discount than that.

I agree it probably was a once in a life time chance i missed out on :teeth:

not "in the know" but my best guess is it was a combo of showing off the dining plan and getting hurricane frightened visitors to come. plus i think it might have worked a little too well due to all the complaints about not being able to get an adr, how busy everyplace was etc. i mean Disney isn't our "grandpa" who would give us what ever our little hearts desire ;)( too bad!) , they are out to make money, like every other business.

it's not a bad deal anyway, just not the outrageously good one that it was for free.

Disney frequently runs promotions that time of year. Sometimes they run a similar promotion with less generous terms.

I don't think we'll ever see a promotion as generous. 2A and 2 juniors (adult for dining) were getting a meal plan worth $140 even if they were staying in a value resort. It got to the point where people staying offsite and even in DVC resorts were considering booking a room just for the free dining.

I wouldn't be shocked if we saw a "free dining" promotion that was something like pay for 1A and get 1A free, pay for 1 C and get 1C for free.

Forget about free dining, the question is will Disney be offering enough of a discount to entice you into making a trip.

Hypothetically, if you book a year ahead and they offer this deal again a few months before you go... can you still get the discount? Or if you've already paid will they credit you some $?

CinRell said:
Hypothetically, if you book a year ahead and they offer this deal again a few months before you go... can you still get the discount? Or if you've already paid will they credit you some $?

With any discount, including free dining, you can switch your reservation if there are promotional rooms available at the resorts and dates you need. If you need to make a new reservation you might lose your insurance.

Keep in mind the purpose of the promotion is to sell rooms. If the resort you picked already has high bookings discounted rooms/free dining rooms might not be available. You'd have to change your dates or your resorts.

I'm not sure if the policy changes once you're in the 45 day cancellation penalty window.

Thanks for your input everyone. I'm glad we got to enjoy the free dining when we did!

We won't buy the dining plan as it is now, because it's just not worth it for us.

Thanks again

Last year we went in March and then the Free dining came out so we went again the first week of Oct. We wouldn't have done Disney twice in one year if they hadn't had the free dining.

We are from Canada and the dirve is long.

We just got back from out March trip this year. If they offer free dining we will surely go back in the fall. If not we will wait until 2007 or 2008.

The deal came out around the first of June last year so I hope that what ever deal they come out with - they do it soon so I will know if we are going to go again.

Marcy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter