Free dining

jemtx

DIS Veteran
I’m on with a CM right now getting free dining for my May 30th CR trip. I’m moving it to beginning of August at the CR, but the agent is only offering me the regular Disney dining plan not the deluxe?!? Is this correct, I thought I got deluxe dining at a deluxe resort?? Should I call back someone else?!?
TIA

For the guest recovery plan, the deluxe resorts receive the regular dining plan free, but could upgrade to deluxe if you want to pay the difference in price. The moderate and value resorts receive the quick service plan for free. Hope this helps - have a great vacation!

Oh. I totally missed that. I need to go back and crunch my numbers. I might’ve made a mistake. 😫 so this the regular dining plan, not even the new plus one, huh?? Can you pay the difference for the plus plan?

Last edited:

Thank you for moving. My apologies for asking in the wrong spot originally.
I appreciate everyone’s help.

Oh. I totally missed that. I need to go back and crunch my numbers. I might’ve made a mistake. 😫 so this the regular dining plan, not even the new plus one, huh?? Can you pay the difference for the plus plan?

Yes, you can pay the difference to upgrade to the plus or deluxe plan.

Thanks. I’ll call back and see what the price difference is. Has anybody done the plus plan—any opinions on it?
Jen,
We have. It was WAAAY to much food for us. My husband was particularly annoyed. He felt we were slaves to our reservation times and had to time our activities around the dining. It killed the spontaneity of our trip. QS meals add to freedom. Much better IMHO.

Jen,
We have. It was WAAAY to much food for us. My husband was particularly annoyed. He felt we were slaves to our reservation times and had to time our activities around the dining. It killed the spontaneity of our trip. QS meals add to freedom. Much better IMHO.

Thanks. I can definitely see how it might be way too much or too time-consuming with all the table service. Appreciate you sharing your experience.

Last edited:
Thanks. I can definitely see how it might be way too much or too time-consuming with all the table service. Appreciate you sharing your experience.
We've gone several times in August and have always done a table service lunch and dinner. Yes, it takes longer, but that is kind of the point! When it is scorching hot and midday wait times are at their peak, we are relaxing in a nice restaurant in the A/C sipping a glass of wine (included in DDP) for an hour or two before braving the heat again.

We've gone several times in August and have always done a table service lunch and dinner. Yes, it takes longer, but that is kind of the point! When it is scorching hot and midday wait times are at their peak, we are relaxing in a nice restaurant in the A/C sipping a glass of wine (included in DDP) for an hour or two before braving the heat again.
Yes, last year we’re there in June and we did QS lunches at the parks bc I didn’t want to pay for TS, but in retrospect, the heat and the crowds and trying carry a tray and find a table, made lunch an unenjoyable experience. I was kind of thinking it might be a nice way to treat us to a break & AC

Yes, last year we’re there in June and we did QS lunches at the parks bc I didn’t want to pay for TS, but in retrospect, the heat and the crowds and trying carry a tray and find a table, made lunch an unenjoyable experience. I was kind of thinking it might be a nice way to treat us to a break & AC
Yup! We were very excited when they rolled out the "plus" this year. We used our free dining promo and upgraded to plus and the upcharge is really not that bad. The upcharge to go from regular DDP to plus is $16.59 per adult per night, and $4.49 per kid (age 9 and under) per night. As Disney splurges that's not too shabby.

With the extra table service meal from our arrival day, we are also planning to do one signature, which we're looking forward to. For breakfast, we just use snack credits to get something light.

Yup! We were very excited when they rolled out the "plus" this year. We used our free dining promo and upgraded to plus and the upcharge is really not that bad. The upcharge to go from regular DDP to plus is $16.59 per adult per night, and $4.49 per kid (age 9 and under) per night. As Disney splurges that's not too shabby.

With the extra table service meal from our arrival day, we are also planning to do one signature, which we're looking forward to. For breakfast, we just use snack credits to get something light.
The plus does sound like an awesome “in-between” and we’re leaning towards doing it. Planning on doing something similar for breakfast—crossiant/bagel and refillable mug for coffee.
Waiting to do the upgrade until we hear more about what will actually happening with dining at restaurants such as the buffets or character meals. Was planning on. A cape May and/or chef Mickey, etc.
thanks.

The plus does sound like an awesome “in-between” and we’re leaning towards doing it. Planning on doing something similar for breakfast—crossiant/bagel and refillable mug for coffee.
Waiting to do the upgrade until we hear more about what will actually happening with dining at restaurants such as the buffets or character meals. Was planning on. A cape May and/or chef Mickey, etc.
thanks.
Super true--I keep getting nervous looking at the buffets on my itinerary (1900 PF and H&V). Fingers crossed they do something like the cruise line and serve you from behind the buffet.

Super true--I keep getting nervous looking at the buffets on my itinerary (1900 PF and H&V). Fingers crossed they do something like the cruise line and serve you from behind the buffet.
Yes, so much of my ADRs are buffets and/or character meals in order to maximize the DDP. The cruise idea you mentioned sounds like a good idea. I wouldn’t mind that at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!