Free Drink on Southwest Airlines on Mother's Day?

TinkOhio

DIS Veteran
I recently heard that Southwest offers a free drink to customers who fly on certain holidays. Their website states that Mother's Day is one of those days. It also states that the drink is available to anyone who is of legal drinking age, so that means males can get the free drink, too. Has anyone ever ordered a mimosa while flying Southwest? I know that they now offer sparkling wine, so it might not be a stretch. We're flying in the morning on Mother's Day, and starting the day with a mimosa would be nice.

Thanks for any help. And happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

I don't see why not. Even if they balk at making one you can just order a sparkling wine and a juice. They do not limit the complementary non alcoholic drinks in my experience. DS always orders a sprite and a juice because he likes to mix them and I've often ordered a coffee and a soda.

Yep, they even advertise mimosas! You will need to ask for it as in my experience they didn't volunteer that they were serving free drinks. :)

Jill in CO

Had a mimosa on my SW flight this morning!

I highly recommend the Deep Eddy Grapefruit Vodka with Cranberry Juice. It's a great drink! And yes, it will be free.

In fact, I was on a flight last week that was delayed by 4 hours and I ordered a drink, the FA took my credit card and then handed it back immediately and said "I got you." Looked at my statement and I never got charged!

SW flight attendants are the best!

I would ask, they used to have a published list of a lot of different dates in the beverage menu, but I've noticed lately that there is only one date published in it for what seems like per quarter now. Not sure if they're reducing free drinks or not advertising it.

I flew home from WDW on Mother's Day - I am a mother of two adults, ordered red wine and was charged the full price. :mad: I am a frequent SW flyer and wasn't feeling the love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!