Free gift card pickup/info

button409

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We booked direct through Disney and have a free $300 gift card as part of our package. I was hoping the gift card woud be added to our account so we can charge to it using our Magic band but pretty sure I have read that we will need to visit Disney Springs to pick up the gift card. Can anyone confirm whether this is the case?

Many Thanks

Assuming it's the same as when I went in February this year and had a $200 gift card as part of the package then yes, you have to go to the Disney Store in Disney Springs and go to a cash register there. However, if you decline mouskeeping then you either get a physical gift card on check-in at the hotel (as I did in 2018) or an e-gift card (as I did in 2019).

I've booked for next November too and have another $200 gift card with that package, so I expect to go to Disney Springs again to pick that up. But there was another $100 too because I pre-registered for booking, so who knows what form that will take!

Ooh, I have a free gift card on my booking too, but my booking was through Virgin, do I need to go to Disney Springs to pick that up too? I had assumed it would be an e voucher or something.

Ooh, I have a free gift card on my booking too, but my booking was through Virgin, do I need to go to Disney Springs to pick that up too? I had assumed it would be an e voucher or something.

I assume so as it will be a Disney offer booked through Virgin essentially. For me, booked directly through Disney, the voucher and the information on how to redeem it were supplied in the pack that's posted out about three weeks before arrival.

I assume so as it will be a Disney offer booked through Virgin essentially. For me, booked directly through Disney, the voucher and the information on how to redeem it were supplied in the pack that's posted out about three weeks before arrival.
Thanks. I'm still 6 months out so, plenty of time to find out about everything.
Useful to know as I didn't have a visit to Springs planned, but I will be sure to make some space for it.

I have heard some who have been with Virgin say they have to collect their gift card at the airport. I’m not sure if this is just an alternative and they do not know about the Disney Springs pick up or if it is different for Virgin bookings.

I have heard some who have been with Virgin say they have to collect their gift card at the airport. I’m not sure if this is just an alternative and they do not know about the Disney Springs pick up or if it is different for Virgin bookings.
Fingers crossed they send some info then!

I believe Virgin Holiday bookings collect at the airport, bookings direct with Disney are collected at World of Disney at Disney Springs.

I believe Virgin Holiday bookings collect at the airport, bookings direct with Disney are collected at World of Disney at Disney Springs.
Blimey, I thought it would be a simple e voucher. Turns out I need to worry about getting the info from virgin!

We booked with Virgin the year before and picked up our Disney $200 gift card at the Virgin pit stop where we collected our hire car. Not sure what happens if you book with Virgin and use the magical express?

The virgin gift card HAS to be picked up at the airport otherwise you forfeit it. They are based on the opposite side of the Magical express just to make it more complicated!

The virgin gift card HAS to be picked up at the airport otherwise you forfeit it. They are based on the opposite side of the Magical express just to make it more complicated!
Really good to know, what do you mean the opposite side of the magic express?

See the terminal map at https://orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/#terminal-maps - the airport is basically one building with two sides, A and B. Magical Express is located at the far end of the ground floor of B, see the little Mickey head on the map! The Virgin check-in desk is located approximately where it says A-3. Someone above said that the ticket was picked up at "Virgin Pit Stop" where they collected the hire car, this might therefore be on the ground floor of Side A, the same side as the check-in desk? Each time I've travelled with Virgin from Manchester they've arrived at Terminal 4 which means the tram to the main building arrives at Side B. So it means walking across to Side A, going down to ground floor to get the gift card, go back up again (I don't know if there's a way of walking from Side A to Side B at ground floor level?), cross to Side B, and go down again.

See the terminal map at https://orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/#terminal-maps - the airport is basically one building with two sides, A and B. Magical Express is located at the far end of the ground floor of B, see the little Mickey head on the map! The Virgin check-in desk is located approximately where it says A-3. Someone above said that the ticket was picked up at "Virgin Pit Stop" where they collected the hire car, this might therefore be on the ground floor of Side A, the same side as the check-in desk? Each time I've travelled with Virgin from Manchester they've arrived at Terminal 4 which means the tram to the main building arrives at Side B. So it means walking across to Side A, going down to ground floor to get the gift card, go back up again (I don't know if there's a way of walking from Side A to Side B at ground floor level?), cross to Side B, and go down again.
OK, that's super helpful, thank you`!

We got back to the UK on Sunday after two weeks at the Yacht Club, so have a pretty serious case of the post Disney World blues at the moment.:sad:
Somehow forgot to take the letter that gets sent from Disney a few weeks before you arrive with the code for the gift card pickup.
One quick call to Disney & they e-mailed the letter with the code to me, you pick the gift card up from a podium in the World of Disney store, if you can't find it just ask someone & they will point you in the right direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!