Free ice water

Joe Arkansas

Mouseketeer
I know Disney World offers free ice water at most restaurants. I would like to learn more about how it is distributed.

On my last trip (9 years ago), we were able to get cups of water, but it usually involved waiting in line at a counter service location, which wasn't always very convenient, as we were always looking to grab and go. More recently, I have seen random photos of serve-yourself-type distribution spots. Is that the norm? Are there better places than others to get ice water without a wait? Is it best to utilize counter-service locations for this service? What about table-service spots? (I'm thinking kiosks generally do not have this available; let me know if I am wrong.)

Because of mobile ordering, most QS locations have a dedicated mobile order pickup window. That's the best spot to ask for water. Most of the time they have cups ready to go and will hand you as many as you need. I say "most" of the time because occasionally I will come across a location where they either ignore me at that window, and once I was told that I had to wait in line even though there was a large stack of filled cups right next to him. And this was a ridiculously hot summer day. [That miffed me so I wrote to Disney about it, and they assured me that the cast member was incorrect and should have handed me water.] But that is not the norm, most of the time it's not an issue to walk up to the mobile window and ask for water. I've heard that bottle filling stations are starting to pop up too. And you are correct, kiosks generally do not have water available.

Just walk up and ask for it. If they tell you to wait in line, just say you already did that and got your food and you need more water.

There's never been a need to wait in a line for ice water.
They have it stocked up and ready to go behind the counter.
Just walk up to the counter and ask a CM for however many cups.
They'll grab them and you'll go.

I tried getting water at the window one evening at auntie gravity's and I was ignored. We had to order water at the cashier then pick it up at the window.

Some places have it as self serve in big glass dispensers on a counter or table so you don't have to ask anyone for a glass. We hit those a lot when we see them.
Do you (or does anyone else) have an recollection of the specific places where we might find these?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!