Free Parking

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
Please don’t encourage free parking at Contemporary per Podcast. Do you have any idea what a pain it is to get back to the hotel you are actually staying at and there is know where to park because people are parking free there?

They do allow parking when you have a reservation but I believe it is for a limited time and not for the entire day at the park. Unfortunately, I don’t think Disney really enforces that.

Last edited:

Please don’t encourage free parking at Contemporary per Podcast. Do you have any idea what a pain it is to get back to the hotel you are actually staying at and there is know where to park because people are parking free there?

They do allow parking when you have a reservation but I believe it is for a limited time and not for the entire day at the park. Unfortunately, I don’t think Disney really enforces that.

I haven't watched the show but agree totally as someone who often stays on the monorail loop (and Bay Lake Tower) as a DVC member. Weren't they pretty strict with parking rules lately and not letting people in that easily? I take Disney transportation and am not sure if things have changed or not.

I cringed when I first heard the suggestion too but then the other members of the team seemed to back away from the statement. It most likely would have been cut if they weren't live. Sometimes things are said that just pop out. I get that. Although if someone has had unlimited mimosas would I want them driving over to the TTC to park??

Steve has made a few statements that have made me scream at the TV in the past

My experience with the Contemporary is that parking there is tighter than Fort Knox. Unless you have reservations for the hotel or a restaurant you are not getting in.

Hopefully this opinion and experience eases your worry.

I wondered about this. We are eating at Boma and was afraid we wouldn't be able to park but it was explained that if we have a reservation, we can park there. I certainly wasn't intending to stay there any longer than dinner. Is there someone there checking on this when we arrive?

I wondered about this. We are eating at Boma and was afraid we wouldn't be able to park but it was explained that if we have a reservation, we can park there. I certainly wasn't intending to stay there any longer than dinner. Is there someone there checking on this when we arrive?

Parking at a resort where you have an ADR isn't an issue - it's parking at a resort for park access that's the issue. However, I don't think it's much of an issue at AKL - it's at the Contemporary and the Epcot resorts where it's a big issue because those resorts have walking access to parks.

Parking at a resort where you have an ADR isn't an issue - it's parking at a resort for park access that's the issue. However, I don't think it's much of an issue at AKL - it's at the Contemporary and the Epcot resorts where it's a big issue because those resorts have walking access to parks.
Oh, that makes sense. We are also eating at Poly, but it's at the close of the parks at night. We were just going to walk back to the TTC after we eat.

I don't agree with it, but I think it's human nature. Unfortunately, it's getting pricier just to park these days, and with the preferred parking less efficient for some. So if a family can squeeze in free parking with a good location just by reserving a restaurant table, it will happen. I recommend Disney look into giving people special tags/pieces of paper to put in their cars to indicate whether they are a guest or not. Those with reservations could have a printed time stamp on it, and failure to place these tags/papers towards the front of the car or failure to leave within the 3 hour time limit would result in potential parking charges OR have guests scan their magic bands on the way out of the lot to indicate whether they stayed over their limit if not a guest.

I'm usually on a bus going into/out of resorts, but the times I've been in a car - yes - Security will ask what your intention @ the resort is (if not saying there), and if you say you have an ADR, they have checked my name on a clipboard.

My experience with the Contemporary is that parking there is tighter than Fort Knox. Unless you have reservations for the hotel or a restaurant you are not getting in.

Hopefully this opinion and experience eases your worry.

My experience was the polar opposite. Last August we had a breakfast reservation at chef mickeys and a wishes cruise booked in the evening. I arrived at contemporary, said I was there for breakfast, in we went- no magic band scanning etc.

After breakfast I approached a cast member at reception and explained that we'd just been to breakfast, but had a wishes cruise booked that night; and asked if it would be ok if I left my car there for the few hours in between. She said sure, it was fine, and off she went/ off I went. At no point did they verify this or ask my car registration plate. I could have been anybody parking there all day.

As we were only at the Yacht Club, on our other MK days we caught an uber to the contemporary and walked over, but the security there can be very hit or miss with cars coming in. One day the guard didn't even want to let the uber driver in to turn around as he was dripping us off! Other days it's like they don't care...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter