Free quick service question

Yes they have, but I don't remember which one the poster upgraded to. The cost was around $40 per night, per adult.

We called to see what they'd charge us to upgrade to the DDP, it was $136 and change per night for a party of four--two adults and two children (below 10). That put the value of the summer quick service for our party of four at about $46.17 per day for all four of us.

It was a lot more than we wanted to add. OOP for our remaining meals will almost certainly be a better deal for us (unless we go crazy and add more top-end TS meals than we already have).

We didn't ask about the dessert as I am not confident we'll get a consistent answer at this point.

UPDATE: My wife called Disney on an unrelated matter, but asked about the dessert situation in the printed books. The CM bumped the question up to whomever they bump such questions to. The answer was the standard 2017 QS credits do not include dessert. They suggested that perhaps the books were printed before the changes were finalized. She did throw in there that all offers are "subject to change." Corporate speak for "we don't have to honor that," but she did say it in a nice way.

That said, the CM did suggest taking the book to Customer Relations once on property to get any kind of final say on the matter.

This is the kind of answer I expected over the phone. We'll just have to see how they shake things out come June. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the first few that go get somewhat different answers. If there were a bunch of books printed this way, I'm guessing they'll have a standard response by the time my family goes through the tapstiles in late summer.

I am bumping this thread now to ask anyone going in June with the free summer quick service deal to please let us know what guest relations says about the dessert line in the personalized vacation booklet Disney sent out.

Post #17 has a picture of the question at hand. Do the summer deal folks get a dessert, or is it a standard quick service credit--sans dessert.

Thanks in advance.

I had this offer booked also, but it was a better deal to go with FD.

I was just wondering if anyone has returned and could report back on what the dessert situation is. Thanks.

We're two weeks in, and I was hoping we might have a taker by now. I'm considering posting elsewhere to get a little more attention.

UPDATE: My wife called Disney on an unrelated matter, but asked about the dessert situation in the printed books. The CM bumped the question up to whomever they bump such questions to. The answer was the standard 2017 QS credits do not include dessert. They suggested that perhaps the books were printed before the changes were finalized. She did throw in there that all offers are "subject to change." Corporate speak for "we don't have to honor that," but she did say it in a nice way.

That said, the CM did suggest taking the book to Customer Relations once on property to get any kind of final say on the matter.

This is the kind of answer I expected over the phone. We'll just have to see how they shake things out come June. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if the first few that go get somewhat different answers. If there were a bunch of books printed this way, I'm guessing they'll have a standard response by the time my family goes through the tapstiles in late summer.

I suspect those same words are somewhere in your booklet's fine print as well and are there to cover situations just like this where outdated printed media gets released after an offer is changed. You can certainly try to ask once you are there, but I would be fully prepared to not get a snack/dessert with your QS meal.

I suspect those same words are somewhere in your booklet's fine print as well and are there to cover situations just like this where outdated printed media gets released after an offer is changed. You can certainly try to ask once you are there, but I would be fully prepared to not get a snack/dessert with your QS meal.

Of course that could be their stance.

But it's certainly worth getting clarification, especially when the big print says differently. And no doubt there are many families that don't do extra internet research and just look at their printed media.

The problem is, this is not outdated printed material. This offer came out AFTER the change to the QS entitlements and the books LONG after that. This is a Disney copy/editing problem, and it's not the only one for this year. If I had the offer, I would definitely have my book with me.

The problem is, this is not outdated printed material. This offer came out AFTER the change to the QS entitlements and the books LONG after that. This is a Disney copy/editing problem, and it's not the only one for this year. If I had the offer, I would definitely have my book with me.
Same! I am sure concierge can "make it right" even if the plan does not include dessert.

We have not been able to get dessert with any of our meals. I have not had time to ask about it either. Is it worth asking about?

We have not been able to get dessert with any of our meals. I have not had time to ask about it either. Is it worth asking about?

Are you on the free ONE QS meal discount or the regular QSDP? If you're on the ONE free meal discount for the summer AND you have your book with you, it might be worth asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!