french quarter or riverside for a yacht club lover

timallen

Mouseketeer
we want to go back next year and the moderate resort is £2000 cheaper than yacht club to stay at any help on which one to choose it will be three weeks next August

Thanks

I prefer POR but also really enjoy POFQ.

Here are some things to consider:

POR has a larger main pool area, the slide is longer it has waterfall type things and I think its a better pool area for adults or kids over say age 7 or 8 (but perfectly great for young kids as well). POR also has quiet pools right there, POFQ only has the one pool right there, its a much smaller resort. You can use any of the pools at POR as a POFQ guest. But for many, walking over to POR to swiim is not that convenient.

Not all buildings at POR have elevators. The entire Alligator Bayou section of POR is two story buildings without elevators. So if you have concerns with this, request a first floor room or go with FQ to be safe.

POR has a full serve restaurant, POFQ does not (again, its a short walk or bus ride, or boat ride to POR).

POR has bike rentals, boat rentals, fishing (catch and release) and surrey bike rentals.

POFQ is the first to be picked up and dropped off when it shares busses with POR (which has been almost always for our three stays there). So you will pretty much always get a seat on the bus as a FQ guest. Not always the case with POR.

Here is a great website about both resorts with lots of information and photos:
http://www.portorleans.org/

I cannot compare to YC having not stayed there, but stayed at FQ and R over the last 2 years. I much preferred FQ.

Bus service is better at FQ- only one stop, close walk from all areas of the resort, and early am and later pm do not share with R. At R you may have a significant walk to the depot and there are 4 depots which may mean a 10 minute ride around the resort if you are first picked up or last dropped off.

FQ also has short walks to the pool, lobby and restaurant. This is nice if you want to go over to the pool for a quick dip or for when you are filling your mugs. At R you can have a 10 minute walk (each way).

Agree with pp that R has the advantage on pools. R main pool is much better, and R also has the quiet pools if that's something you want.

R grounds are a little more "scenic". PP 2 gives you other plusses of R - while none of those were important to us, others may value those.

I enjoyed both, but the convenience of FQ makes it my preference. I'm sure you'd enjoy either.

sorry for the late reply forgot I had posted this thanks so much for your comments I like the idea of a better bus service from pofq and the closeness to the food court (what is the food court like at fq say compared to a value resort) as we will be on free dining counter service :)

FQ is half the size of Riverside and very quiet. We thoroughly enjoyed that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter