French Quarter room location advice

riogirl84

Earning My Ears
Staying at FQ for the first time! I always stayed at Riverside and need advice on best room location! We have a garden view room and not sure the best building for views and location in close range of lobby food court and bus thanks

We always get a room in Building 4 if possible. We like the garden view and it is extremely close to the food court & buses. We love POFQ! Enjoy the beignets!

POFQ has no bad room locations....its a tiny resort and along with alligator bayou at POR its our favorite Moderate.

Building 4 is right by lobby and bus stop. We actually prefer to be in a building closer to the river 6 or 7 and then 5.

As others have said, I don't think there's a bad building at FQ since it's so compact. I stayed in building 7 last February and it was great -- only a couple of minutes from everything.

OP, we stayed at POFQ for the first time last year. We had the same thoughts, as we had always stayed at POR before.
Honestly, there are no "far away" rooms like there are at POR. I walked from bldg. 1 to 7 in less than 15 minutes, and that was leisurely strolling and checking out all the fountains in each one! If you want to be more secluded and closer to walking to POR, then bldg. 7 is right for you. If you want a nice garden view (we did too), between 1 and 2 is nice, as is between 5 & 6. There is no bad place on site. I think you will love it, when you shift from thinking POR size to FQ size:)

We stayed in a garden view room in building 3 & it was great. Super convenient to the boat launch, food court & buses & the pool :)!

All of POFQ' s seven buildings have garden view. Take a look at the resort map to see what works best for your party. But as others have said nothing is far at this resort.Building 4 followed by 3 & 7 might be best for the bus since the stops are on that side of the resort.

Might want to read some on PortOrleans.Org.

but I would for sure study a map. We booked a garden room and while that is what we got .... we also had our door mere feet from a smoking section. Every time we opened out door .... poof.

Might want to read some on PortOrleans.Org.

but I would for sure study a map. We booked a garden room and while that is what we got .... we also had our door mere feet from a smoking section. Every time we opened out door .... poof.
Do all buildings have smoking sections? Which section/building did you have?

You can't go wrong with buildings 3,4, 2, or 5. I would consider 1, 6 & 7 to be the 'far' rooms, but even then, they are only a few minutes walk. The only rooms I would caution are the river view rooms because you can hear the boats blowing their horns and that might bother some people.

Do all buildings have smoking sections? Which section/building did you have?
I just looked at a POFQ map I have. Looks like there are 8 designated smoking sections. I remember running into smoke alot in front of the lobby (on the resort side, not the drop off side) on both sides (near 3&4) and I do see that those two areas are designated smoking. I hate smoke and I've never had a problem there.

During our 2012 stay we stayed at FQ and I booked standard (as I always do) and they upgraded us to a nice Garden View in Bldg 4. It was a 3 minute walk to food and a 5 minute walk to the bus. Even in 2015 when we were put in a river view room it was only an 8 to 9 minute walk.

I really wouldn't worry too much about room requests at POFQ, you won't be disappointed with any building.

You really can't get a bad building assignment at POFQ. I personally like Bldg 3 over Bldg 4. You're still super close to everything, but not right on top of the dining area or main entrance. I prefer less foot traffic going by my room.

FQ is so small, there is no bad room. It's literally a 5 minute walk to the lobby/bus from anywhere. It is my favorite resort! Now we're a family of 5 though we had to move to POR for our last trip. :(

We always land up in building 6 with a view over the water and it’s lovely.
As all the PPs have said it’s a small resort so nowhere is far from the main building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter