French Quarter to the Fantasy...7 Nights in the Eastern Caribbean, April 2019! Completed June 7, 2020!

That looks really good. The one time I bought a drink of the day, it was not good. I wish I could remember the name but it was a yellow drink...

I love this one, I think it's a Pina Colava, half pina colada and half strawberry daiquiri 😋

Love the Vibe, too bad our child has out-aged it.

My oldest did too a couple months after this cruise. I suspect by the time we cruise again even my DD will have aged out. They have some awesome memories from there :love:

Ahh, you and your mom are so cute.

Thank you :-)

Thanks for reporting!

Thanks for reading!

Really enjoying your report! I am thinking about taking this exact trip in August '21 and your pictures look amazing!! Hopefully all this will have settled down by then.

:welcome:

You'll love this cruise and ship, and this better definitely be done by then!

What book were you reading?

"The Wisdom of Walt, Leadership Lessons From the Happiest Place on Earth," by Jeffrey Barnes.

I heard him on the Connecting With Walt and he's super interesting to listen to. He is a College Professor and even teaches a class about Disney…or he used to anyway. Fascinating guy, and perfect book for a cruise because you don't have to read it all at once.

Do you have to alert the wait staff or the restaurant that you won't be at dinner?

So, I think some people would say you should but we've never been the type of family that gets super attached to their wait staff…especially this particular one. Plus, we had our own table and weren't keeping anyone waiting so we came and went as we pleased. I personally think when you pay that much for a vacation, you shouldn't stress over things like that…just do what you want to do. We obviously still gave them the same gratuity that we would have, had we gone every night.

The excursion in St. Thomas looks awesome! I was just wondering what excursion it was and if you did it through Disney or another third party?

We always book our excursions through DCL. I know it probably costs more, but to us, it's worth it for the peace of mind we feel when booking excursions.

This is what we booked, and we loved it so much I would book it again:

Thanks again and look forward to future posts!

Thanks for reading!

I'm embarrassed to say I'm just finding this :rolleyes1

:laughing:

But you're here now :hug:

Having missed out on our cruise earlier this month it's fun to read about yours

I hate that you missed your cruise, I think you would have loved it :sad1:

I do have to say I'm surprised you like Cabanas so much! I didn't really like our lunch there but I was kind of over buffets at the time lol, under other circumstances I may have liked it better.

I think it's because I'm picky so I can have exactly what I want. Also, maybe they didn't serve you the same variety of food? You know how Antojitos is usually yummy but then it sucked :rotfl:

I imagine it'll all change when the new island and ships are ready…whenever that may be now. :confused3
I had no idea they were getting a new island!
So now people will have to choose their cruise not just based on length or ship, or countries... but which island too!

I had no idea they were getting a new island!
So now people will have to choose their cruise not just based on length or ship, or countries... but which island too!

The plan was for three new ships and a new island with Joe Rohde spearheading it, so you KNOW it will be spectacular!

The question is how long it will be delayed and whether they will actually now build the three new ships. I think the first one, The Disney Wish, is well underway so will happen eventually, but the other two... :confused3

Here's a link to the article if you're interested :-)
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-line-ship-and-new-disney-island-destination/

The plan was for three new ships and a new island with Joe Rohde spearheading it, so you KNOW it will be spectacular!
Oh! Yes, definitely!
The question is how long it will be delayed and whether they will actually now build the three new ships. I think the first one, The Disney Wish, is well underway so will happen eventually, but the other two... :confused3
<sigh>
Yeah, who knows. I think eventually the cruise industry will come back, but... how long will it take?
Here's a link to the article if you're interested :-)
Thank you, I'm going to read that right now.

APRIL 11, 2019
ENCHANTED GARDEN

Aside from meeting there for one of our excursions,
this was our first time in Enchanted Garden and we found it to be so beautiful in there,
although, sadly, I don't have many pictures of the restaurant itself.

All the sea air must've clouded my judgement
because I didn't get a photo of the inside of the menu either,
so enjoy these pictures of our dinners with no descriptions :P

I did make Allie stop on the way out to get a picture in front of this fountain.
If you look behind her at the ceiling,
those lights had started out all closed up and as we were eating they all bloomed.
The lighting in the restaurant changed throughout dinner as well.
It was really very beautiful in there and I'm sad I didn't get better pictures…
something I will correct next time ::yes::

Up next, some family game show fun...

I don't have many pictures of the restaurant itself.
What??? TR fail!!
All the sea air must've clouded my judgement
because I didn't get a photo of the inside of the menu either,
:laughing: You're batting 1000 here!
But I rarely take menu photos, too. So for this transgression, you are forgiven.

Allow me to assist...
Pâté with sand pile.
Hunka hunka chunk a meat
Heaven on a stick
This actually intrigues me. It looks like a crème brûlée cheesecake.
If you look behind her at the ceiling,
those lights had started out all closed up and as we were eating they all bloomed.
Cool!!

APRIL 11, 2019
COOKIES AND MILK

I was happy the kids still joined us on the ship occasionally for some of the family game shows.
This night was a Snow White themed game called "Mirror, Mirror."

They sorted us into groups around the room, and we were in the Sneezy Group.

After this, we decided to call it an early night and headed back to our stateroom,
but not before stopping to get a pic of two of my favorite fellas :love:

Back in our room, this guy was hanging around to meet us...

Our stateroom host also left us this map of Castaway Cay
since that's where we were going the next day :cool1:

My mom and I were done for the evening,
but the kids were heading back to the VIBE.
Before they did, they ordered a little snack from room service, warm cookies and milk 😋

My mom and I settled in for the night and watched The Little Mermaid on demand 🧜‍♀️

Up next, our last full day on the cruise which would be sad
except for the fact that we got to spend it at one of my favorite places on earth...Castaway Cay :love:

They sorted us into groups around the room, and we were in the Sneezy Group.
Not a group you want to be in, these days.
:laughing: She looks pretty stoked!

How did you guys do?
not before stopping to get a pic of two of my favorite fellas :love:
:goodvibes
Back in our room, this guy was hanging around to meet us...
How did he get in?!?!?!
Our stateroom host also left us this map of Castaway Cay
since that's where we were going the next day :cool1:
Yusss….
Heh.
I've been around dancers for so long... Sock bun plus impossible sitting position? Yep...
Up next, our last full day on the cruise which would be sad
Boooo!!!!
except for the fact that we got to spend it at one of my favorite places on earth...Castaway Cay :love:
Yayyyy!!!
I know, I know. And I can't even pretend to know what we ate or whether we liked it since this was over a year ago :sad2:
Good thing I helped you out. ::yes::

Enchanted Garden is SO pretty!! I like the location of your table. In every restaurant, our table was in the furthest back corner, so we didn't really get to appreciate the decor as much. It was most evident when we dined at Enchanted Garden. Thankfully, on our Nassau morning, convinced the family we should eat breakfast there instead of Cabanas, so we actually got to sit in the middle and really get a good look at everything! So pretty!

Oh, boy! Castaway Cay would definitely be a perfect way to spend your final day!!! Bring on the sunshine :)

this was our first time in Enchanted Garden and we found it to be so beautiful in there,
While I haven't eaten there I agree it's beautiful inside!
Before they did, they ordered a little snack from room service, warm cookies and milk 😋
Ooh that sounds good right now but I definitely don't need any cookies lol. Way too many carbs these last few weeks :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!