French Quarter to the Fantasy...7 Nights in the Eastern Caribbean, April 2019! Completed June 7, 2020!

The end of a trip is always bittersweet. I love that you ended your last night on a Disney Cruise taking pictures with tons of characters - that's the way to do it!

I'm sorry about your Girls' Trip. I agree that taking someone for their first trip without the character meals and usual Disney magic wouldn't quite be the same. I'm thinking along the same lines for our family trip - I'd prefer to wait until we can enjoy things like character meets and fun ADRs and fireworks. Also, I have almost zero desire to wear a face mask in the Florida heat (the Iowa heat is bad enough!) and there's no way I can keep a mask on a two-year-old for hours. I'm hopeful that we'll be in better shape a year from now and can have a more typical Disney trip by that time. If I have to plan it at the last-minute, so be it!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you that your April 2021 trip works out! I look forward to reading all about it. :goodvibes

The end of a trip is always bittersweet.

I know, I always get so sappy about it but I'm glad I have all these pictures to look back on :love:

Also, I have almost zero desire to wear a face mask in the Florida heat (the Iowa heat is bad enough!) and there's no way I can keep a mask on a two-year-old for hours.

I wear a mask at work for 12.5 hours and you almost forget it's there after a while. But the mask blocking the smile of the joy at seeing the castle for the first time just sounds sad :sad1: I agree, it would be hard to keep the two year old from taking it off, but I've seen babies wearing glasses so I guess they could get used to it.

I'm hopeful that we'll be in better shape a year from now and can have a more typical Disney trip by that time. If I have to plan it at the last-minute, so be it!

Well, you've laid most of the groundwork already and have plenty of time to keep researching! I'm sure you'll be ready when the time is right!

Not sure how I missed your last post but thanks so much for sharing. Between you and Jackie I'm certainly much more interested in a cruise than I ever was before. The one we did long before Casey wasn't my favorite way to travel but Disney certainly knows how to do it right.

Not sure how I missed your last post but thanks so much for sharing. Between you and Jackie I'm certainly much more interested in a cruise than I ever was before. The one we did long before Casey wasn't my favorite way to travel but Disney certainly knows how to do it right.

I think you would all love it, even Casey! And you and Jason would have plenty of adult time too. I hope you get to try it someday!

Just finished reading the end. Looks like it was an awesome trip! I'd love to sail on the Fantasy and had my eyes on an August 2021 cruise, but cruising might be on hold for a while

Just finished reading the end. Looks like it was an awesome trip! I'd love to sail on the Fantasy and had my eyes on an August 2021 cruise, but cruising might be on hold for a while

Thanks for reading!

I have the Fantasy booked for March 2021, but I think we're going to switch to June 2022 instead…and will maybe even go on the new ship :-)

August 2021 might look a lot different. But no matter when you get to go, you'll love it! The Fantasy is a beautiful ship ::yes::

Just finally finished the end of this! I love all your pictures with characters on your last night.

We were hoping to take our first cruise this year but the universe has shown it wasn't meant to be so I'll just dream about one in a few years lol

I really enjoyed your report and beautiful pictures! I've only ever sailed on Royal Caribbean and now am convinced to take my family on a Disney cruise. I hope that things will get back to normal soon so you can go on your future trips! Will be checking out your other trip reports! :D The trip reports on DISboards are really helping with my Disney vacation withdrawals.🤭 Thank you for sharing your wonderful trips on here!

I really enjoyed your report and beautiful pictures! I've only ever sailed on Royal Caribbean and now am convinced to take my family on a Disney cruise.

:welcome:

Thanks for reading! I love DCL :love: I'm sure RC is nice and I've thought about trying it sometime, but I think I would miss DCL too much. It's really a perfect family vacation, whether your kids are little or much older like mine. I can't wait until we can all get back to cruising :goodvibes

Will be checking out your other trip reports! :D The trip reports on DISboards are really helping with my Disney vacation withdrawals.

The trip reports here have helped me through some very dark days over the last few months. It's really nice to read about normal, happy times ::yes:: And I've made some great friends here, as well! I'm so glad you said hi, and I can't wait to see you around more!

Thanks for sharing your trip report. It got me even more excited about our upcoming cruise on the Wonder. We are DL and WDW vets and cruising vets - but never a DCL cruise!

Thanks for sharing your trip report. It got me even more excited about our upcoming cruise on the Wonder. We are DL and WDW vets and cruising vets - but never a DCL cruise!

Thanks for reading! We loved the Wonder in 2018…that Tiana's Place Restaurant is probably my favorite MDR of any of the ships. If you look back a little in my signature, you can see my Wonder trip report, if you're interested. Also, that crew was probably the best out of all four of the cruises we've been on. Hopefully that hasn't changed and you'll love it as much as we did!

It's so nice to think about getting back to cruising!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!