French Quarter to the Fantasy...7 Nights in the Eastern Caribbean, April 2019! Completed June 7, 2020!

've also been having a TERRIBLE time with my Mac for about a month. I made the mistake of updating my iOS and it's just been a nightmare.
Oh no! One of the things I love about our Macs (we have 3) is that we never have trouble with them. Hope you can get it fixed.

After dinner, we all went to the D-Lounge to do one of my favorite things on DCL…Trivia!
I would so be all over this! Random side note we applied to be on the Disney trivia show Disney plus is having. We made it through the first screening and now waiting to hear if we make it to the next round. Fingers crossed.

Anyone know what movie was starting??
Ghostbusters?????

Wow, I cannot believe how many beds they got in there!

The sun had already come up, but it was still so pretty...
Oh this would so be my spot if you just subbed the coffee for something with say a bit more potency :P

See what I mean by a , "do-nothing day?!"
Sounds like a perfect day to me. I could use about 10 of those right about now.

Black Truffle Pasta Pursettes.
They are really an appetizer, but I love them so much that that's what I ordered for my dinner...
Oh I would be so all over this. I am a sucker for anything truffle!

Doesn't that look delicious? :rotfl2:
Delicious! What a gourmet masterpiece!!!

Let's assume Allie ate bread and oil since she still raves
about how much she loved the bread service on this cruise :confused3
You really are getting your moneys worth with the food your kiddos are eating :earboy2:

Oh no! One of the things I love about our Macs (we have 3) is that we never have trouble with them. Hope you can get it fixed.

I thought the same thing when I bought it. Have you ever updated them?

I would so be all over this! Random side note we applied to be on the Disney trivia show Disney plus is having. We made it through the first screening and now waiting to hear if we make it to the next round. Fingers crossed.

That's awesome! I put in for that too and didn't hear anything! Good luck!

Ghostbusters?????

Close. Moana. :P

Oh this would so be my spot if you just subbed the coffee for something with say a bit more potency :P

And I'm sure they'd be more than happy to accommodate you :drinking1

Sounds like a perfect day to me. I could use about 10 of those right about now.

Yes, you could. But I'm happy you're finally feeling better :hug:

You really are getting your moneys worth with the food your kiddos are eating :earboy2:

Ugh…I try not to ever think about that because our food cost to cruise price ratio would fall woefully short. Luckily there are so many other reasons I love DCL :love:

Awww, I totally missed that until you zoomed in the image! SO cool!

I was dying to try these since you always rave about them, and I was bummed they weren't on the menu until our final night at Animator's Palate. They. Were. Delicious!!!!! I wish I had just asked for them sooner in the cruise because I totally would have eaten them every night!

We went back to the pool for some more relaxing after lunch
and pretty much that was all we did until we had to get ready for dinner!
See what I mean by a , "do-nothing day?!"
Do-nothing days can sometimes be really enjoyable! Looks like you had a really nice day, and the food pics look yummy! Especially your truffle pasta :thumbsup2 The pictures of the ship are gorgeous!

I'd love to go on any Disney cruise just to eat at Animator's Palate. It looks so fun!

What a shame that the entertainment wasn't up to par! I feel like that's one of the highlights of a cruise.

Awww, I totally missed that until you zoomed in the image! SO cool!

I was dying to try these since you always rave about them, and I was bummed they weren't on the menu until our final night at Animator's Palate. They. Were. Delicious!!!!! I wish I had just asked for them sooner in the cruise because I totally would have eaten them every night!
As a 'pro tip' for DCL, if something is on ANY of the menus then you can have it without issue. We had the pursettes for 3 nights in a row one cruise!! we were sick of them by the end 🤣

We also got them in Cabanas one night when we skipped the MDR 😋

Do-nothing days can sometimes be really enjoyable!

They are, especially after a few days of running around the parks!

I'd love to go on any Disney cruise just to eat at Animator's Palate. It looks so fun!

It really is, and on the 7-night or longer cruises, the second night at AP is even more fun :goodvibes

What a shame that the entertainment wasn't up to par! I feel like that's one of the highlights of a cruise.

Chalk it up to bad timing, I guess. But it honestly didn't ruin the cruise for us because we loved it anyway :-)

As a 'pro tip' for DCL, if something is on ANY of the menus then you can have it without issue. We had the pursettes for 3 nights in a row one cruise!! we were sick of them by the end 🤣

We've done this before too, but I was super happy to see them on the menu at Cabanas :goodvibes

APRIL 8, 2019
PALO BRUNCH

If you read the update from April 7th, this day started as a carbon copy of that one.
I was up early, got my coffee (from up on deck though, not Cove Cafe this time),
and was happy to see my chair was available and waiting for me...

I took more bathroom pictures :P

and then met Nicholas up at Cabanas for breakfast...

I was definitely eating light this morning
because my mom and I had a reservation for Palo brunch at 11:30,
but seeing as it was only 8:30 and I had been up for two hours,
I needed a little something to tide me over.

I'm not 100% sure what we did after that
but at some point I went back to the stateroom to get ready
and my mom and I walked into Palo right around 11:30...

If you've never been,
Palo is one of the two restaurants on DCL that charges a small(??) fee.
I think at this time, the brunch had just gone up to $40 per person.
I don't know if that sounds like a lot,
but when you compare this brunch to the brunch at California Grill
(which I did for the first time a month later)
for close to $100 per person, this one is a steal :P

Our server came over with our menu,

and explained how the whole brunch works.

We had a gorgeous view...

He also brought over our complimentary Prosecco...

If you've been to brunch at CG, this works kind of the same way.
There are a bunch of buffet items and then you also order an entree from the menu.
I felt funny taking pictures in the restaurant
(oddly, I don't have that same inhibition in bathrooms :rotfl: ) ,
but here are some of my buffet items from my first trip up...
You are allowed to go up as many times as you'd like,
so I just got a few items to taste at first so I wouldn't get filled up too quickly.

Cheers 🥂

To be continued in next post...

APRIL 8, 2019
PALO BRUNCH CONTINUED

My second plate looks a lot like my first.
I think I was saving all my carbs for the main course and dessert :P

For our main courses,
my mom and I ordered the Chicken Parmigiana and the Lasagna and we split them.

The chicken is highly recommended by almost every review I've ever read of Palo,
but honestly, the Lasagna was just as good.
We loved both of the entrees,
but we were glad we split them because we needed to save room for dessert.
We got a couple plates to share...

The desserts were heavenly,
but then our server brought out this delicious chocolate cake...
which was absolutely amazing :love:

We thoroughly enjoyed our brunch and rolled ourselves out of there around 1:30.
I would highly recommend this brunch and if I ever find myself on DCL again (and I hope I do!!),
this is on my must-do list ::yes::

After consuming what must have been a million calories,
we needed to walk around and work some off.
The kids' clubs were having an open house so we went to take a peek inside.
How adorable are these rooms???

Afterwards, we went and laid but the pool for a couple hours…
and probably fell into a "too much food coma" nap 😴

So, how do we follow-up that delicious, fancy meal?
With something a lot less fancy!
That'll be next :goodvibes

How cute are you two?! :)

Rob and I had dinner at Palo on our Honeymoon cruise. It was included as part of our Romance at Sea package we had added on. The one thing I remember so clearly was how our meal included a complimentary bottle of wine, which we told our server we didn't want because we aren't wine drinkers. He asked what we usually like to drink...and promptly returned with a champagne bucket of ice filled with Miller Lite LOL :) (Really living up to my name, Chunkylite, am I right?!)

I really like the looks of the Palo Brunch, and think I'd prefer that to dinner if I do dine there again some day.

Rob and I had dinner at Palo on our Honeymoon cruise. It was included as part of our Romance at Sea package we had added on. The one thing I remember so clearly was how our meal included a complimentary bottle of wine, which we told our server we didn't want because we aren't wine drinkers. He asked what we usually like to drink...and promptly returned with a champagne bucket of ice filled with Miller Lite LOL :) (Really living up to my name, Chunkylite, am I right?!)

:rotfl: That's amazing that they were able to do that!

I really like the looks of the Palo Brunch, and think I'd prefer that to dinner if I do dine there again some day.

Next time, I'm doing brunch AND dinner! Mike and I had dinner there back in 2012 on our wedding cruise on the Magic but at the time I felt a little guilty because we had to ditch the kids. We did love it though, especially since it was complimentary with our wedding :love:

And, of course, now I had to go find those pictures :rotfl2:

They even brought us a brand new wedding cake because our other one had somehow gotten thrown out...

Such a nice memory! Sorry for my digression!

was happy to see my chair was available and waiting for me...
Not surprised you were happy. Great spot!
I was definitely eating light this morning
because my mom and I had a reservation for Palo brunch at 11:30,
Makes perfect sense.
Palo is one of the two restaurants on DCL that charges a small(??) fee.
I think at this time, the brunch had just gone up to $40 per person.
I don't know if that sounds like a lot,
It does... and it doesn't.
I mean... if the food is good, then no.
But if it was a regular buffet... then the extra bucks wouldn't be worth it.
We had a gorgeous view...
Wow! You sure did!
:lmao:
Pretty picture of you!
For our main courses,
my mom and I ordered the Chicken Parmigiana and the Lasagna and we split them.
Those both sound (and look) great.
Wowza!
How adorable are these rooms???
::yes::
They even brought us a brand new wedding cake because our other one had somehow gotten thrown out...
Nice of them. And cute cake. :)

I thought the same thing when I bought it. Have you ever updated them?
We've put the new operating systems on them but never had trouble with them after that.

Lookin' good!

I had totally just thought the same thing. Only Kelly!

This can't be your plate. Where's the salad :P

We thoroughly enjoyed our brunch and rolled ourselves out of there around 1:30.
I would highly recommend this brunch and if I ever find myself on DCL again (and I hope I do!!),
this is on my must-do list ::yes::
This does look amazing and totally like CG brunch. If we ever do a Disney cruise I'm sure we'll be eating here

That is such a cute picture of you!!

Awesome that they made you another cake!!! We got a little cake at dinner on our Honeymoon, but were too full to eat it, so we took it back to our room. It was very interesting trying to cram it into our tiny room fridge!

We've put the new operating systems on them but never had trouble with them after that.

Lucky you. I am still struggling with this hunk of junk! :badpc:

I had totally just thought the same thing. Only Kelly!

In my defense, I never took pictures if people were in there 🤪

This can't be your plate. Where's the salad :P

You missed the Caprese Salad, top right 😋

This does look amazing and totally like CG brunch. If we ever do a Disney cruise I'm sure we'll be eating here

I'm sure you will ::yes::

That is such a cute picture of you!!

Awesome that they made you another cake!!! We got a little cake at dinner on our Honeymoon, but were too full to eat it, so we took it back to our room. It was very interesting trying to cram it into our tiny room fridge!

I'm surprised it even fit. This was one of three cakes they gave us. Our first was at the wedding ceremony but then, like I said, they threw it away or something because they have very strict rules on how long it can be saved. They brought us this one at Palo and our dining servers brought us one another night. We were sick of cake after all that! :rotfl:

Oooh looks awesome! I'll need to try and sit there in a month!

Oh, I'm so jealous you'll be on DCL in a month! Are you going on the Fantasy?

Sooo cool! I love it!

There are all kinds of cute, hidden gems all over the ships :love:

Definitely need to stop by the kids clubs this time!

Make me want to be a kid again!

And side note, I didn't realize you started your Asia trip report…I've been waiting for that one!

Oh, I'm so jealous you'll be on DCL in a month! Are you going on the Fantasy?

There are all kinds of cute, hidden gems all over the ships :love:

Make me want to be a kid again!

And side note, I didn't realize you started your Asia trip report…I've been waiting for that one!
Yeah - doing a Star Wars Day at Sea! Looking forward to it! (Then the Alaska cruise on Wonder in May!) I'm looking forward to exploring the ship more this time. We just did a 4-night and it was my first cruise so I was a bit overwhelmed and exhausted!

Yeah - doing a Star Wars Day at Sea! Looking forward to it! (Then the Alaska cruise on Wonder in May!) I'm looking forward to exploring the ship more this time. We just did a 4-night and it was my first cruise so I was a bit overwhelmed and exhausted!

That's so exciting! I love the Fantasy but the Wonder was amazing too! Lucky you!

I think you'll like the 7-night. You can really unpack and settle in for the week. Are you doing Eastern or Western?

APRIL 8, 2019
BLTs AND MICKEY BARS

How else would you follow up the most amazing brunch at sea??

With Room Service BLTs and Mickey Bars, of course 😋

We just didn't have any desire to eat a full meal in the MDR this night, and this hit the spot.

We also ordered some provisions to bring with us on our excursion the next day...

This was a little trick I learned on these boards and it was perfect
since we had a morning, half day excursion planned for Tortola.

We watched the most gorgeous sunset from our balcony,

and then went to The Tube for some family games...

We had an early day the next day so we purposely didn't stay out late this night.
This friend was there waiting for us...

The next morning we woke up in gorgeous Tortola :love:
That's up next!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!