French Quarter to the Fantasy...7 Nights in the Eastern Caribbean, April 2019! Completed June 7, 2020!

Would you recommend it?

While it's not my favorite, I recommend any book that has to do with Walt :love:

My current favorite is, "How to be Like Walt,' by Pat Williams. There's a lot of Disney history in it, which NEVER gets old to me, followed by life lessons and how we can apply that to our own lives.

OMG I had just lost about 14 lbs before this!!!

That's awesome! What were you doing to lose weight?

I was down 10 and have already put back on three :sad1:

I was doing WW and for the past two months when I see the charge on my credit card, I think, "wow, I really have to cancel that since I haven't logged in for two months."

Um, yeah.
I will not be snorkeling. In the near future or EVER

I didn't think so since you won't get your hair wet! :rotfl:

So funny because I don't LOVE fruit but I do enjoy fruit salad but detest cutting it all up; that's Steve's job :P

Oh, I wish I had a Steve to cut up my fruit! :laughing:

While it's not my favorite, I recommend any book that has to do with Walt :love:

My current favorite is, "How to be Like Walt,' by Pat Williams. There's a lot of Disney history in it, which NEVER gets old to me, followed by life lessons and how we can apply that to our own lives.
Thanks, Kelly. :)

APRIL 12, 2019
ROYAL COURT

Okay, before I start on our last night…I found one lonely picture from my snorkeling in Castaway Cay...

It's definitely a Go Pro screen shot so I know the actual video footage exists, or existed, at some point. I guess I'm thankful to have something to show for all that!

Anyway, this was our night and it was fancy dinner night at Royal Court,

Where they serve fancy food...

and have fancy napkins.
This one is for @pkondz because he likes fancy napkins ::yes::

Of course, y'all know I'm not fancy :rotfl:

I got the Fettuccine with Parmesan Crusted Chicken...

My mom must've looked less than thrilled with the menu tonight
and they offered to get her the "usual" Chicken Parmesean...
which was MUCH better than mine.

Allie got the steak, of course...

Nicholas was the only one of us brave enough to try the lobster.

I know, I know…I have never tried lobster,
but I don't really like seafood with the exception of shrimp cocktail and deep fried scallops,
and even those I would only eat a couple times a year.

Our dinners were unmemorable, especially all these months later :confused3
But I do remember loving this...

Chocolate Lava Cake 😋
I mean, who wouldn't love that??
Allie got the same thing as me and Nicholas and my mom both got
the old-fashioned apple pie
but I'm out of picture space so you'll just have to imagine what that looks like 🥧

Overall, a nice relaxing night in the MDR.

The kids ran off after dinner and my mom and I were planning to go to the last show.
But before we did that, I wanted to take some photos of our last sunset on the cruise :sad1:

That's next!

I found one lonely picture from my snorkeling in Castaway Cay...
He looks so lonely down there!
I guess I'm thankful to have something to show for all that!
Perhaps... thankful just to be alive, after that?

:rolleyes1
Where they serve fancy food...
Ooh, la la!
This one is for @pkondz because he likes fancy napkins ::yes::
:lmao:
Thanks!! :laughing:
:laughing:
That's... certainly an interesting presentation.
My mom must've looked less than thrilled with the menu tonight
and they offered to get her the "usual" Chicken Parmesean...
That actually looks good, but... too bad she couldn't find anything on the "fancy" menu.
which was MUCH better than mine.
Actually not surprised by that.
Allie got the steak, of course...
Boring presentation. Really not impressed.
know, I know…I have never tried lobster,
but I don't really like seafood with the exception of shrimp cocktail and deep fried scallops,
Then it's probably not for you. But... you should try just a taste... with melted butter, of course! (only way to eat lobster.)
Chocolate Lava Cake 😋
I mean, who wouldn't love that??
::yes::
Nicholas and my mom both got
the old-fashioned apple pie
I'd probably do that too. mmmmm.... pie.

APRIL 12, 2019
SUNSET

The sunset was absolutely gorgeous.
My photos won't come close to doing it justice, but I'll share them anyway...

I was so in love with the sunset that I did something
no person over a certain age should do…I tried taking some selfies :rotfl:

After taking about 500 pictures, I finally got one that wasn't completely awful,
and is still my Facebook profile pic to this day...

It was pretty empty up on deck and I was feeling melancholy
about this being our last night on the cruise, so I started taking a million pictures...

Continued in next post...

APRIL 12, 2019
GOOD-BYE FANTASY PHOTO SHOOT

My photo shoot continues...

Having satisfied my picture taking itch,
I went and met my mom for the last show in the Walt Disney Theater...

The best part was that right after the show,
all the characters headed out to the atrium for a meet and greet.
So that's where my mom and I headed next!

I remember being SUPER excited to eat at Royal Court in December...and feeling sort of meh about it afterward, too. I really think it had a lot to do with our table being crammed in the back, so we couldn't even enjoy the ambiance of the place. It really is beautiful.

Love your selfie taking skills! You and @ariane37 always make me smile when you post them!! :hug:

After we got home, and I actually had the time on my hands during this quarantine to print and scrapbook my pictures from December, I wished I had spent some time actually walking around and taking pictures like you did on that night!! Guess I'll just have to go back :)

Wonderful pictures around the ship on your last night.
My goal is to do a Disney Cruise one of these years!
Your selfie came very nice!
I’m the same way with selfies. I only do them on Snapchat and add the filters, haha 😂

The sunset was absolutely gorgeous.
My photos won't come close to doing it justice, but I'll share them anyway...
I dunno… those are great shots!
:laughing: But, while true for me, it's obviously not true for you. You look great! :)
After taking about 500 pictures, I finally got one that wasn't completely awful,
and is still my Facebook profile pic to this day...
Nice shot of you. ::yes::
It was pretty empty up on deck and I was feeling melancholy
about this being our last night on the cruise,
:hug:
Thanks for all the photos, but this one I found really interesting.
The best part was that right after the show,
all the characters headed out to the atrium for a meet and greet.
So that's where my mom and I headed next!
Nice! :)

Perhaps... thankful just to be alive, after that?

Yes, true!

That's... certainly an interesting presentation.

I wasn't impressed by a lot of the food in the MDRs. I'm glad that after four cruises, I finally figured out what works best for us…skipping some of them and either getting room service or Cabanas. But next time I'll add in PALO dinner too just for another option away from the MDR.

Then it's probably not for you. But... you should try just a taste... with melted butter, of course! (only way to eat lobster.)

I thought about it, but then the feeling passed…I just wasn't in the mood.

But, while true for me, it's obviously not true for you. You look great! :)

Ha! Thanks!

Thanks for all the photos, but this one I found really interesting.

I have a bunch more of these that I didn't post. They have them for all the Disney Parks around the world :love:

I remember being SUPER excited to eat at Royal Court in December...and feeling sort of meh about it afterward, too.

That's kind of how I felt about all the MDRs, especially when we're talking about the food. The best night was the show at Animator's Palate.

Love your selfie taking skills! You and @ariane37 always make me smile when you post them!! :hug:

:crazy2: :rotfl2:

After we got home, and I actually had the time on my hands during this quarantine to print and scrapbook my pictures from December, I wished I had spent some time actually walking around and taking pictures like you did on that night!! Guess I'll just have to go back :)

That's part of the luxury of being on a 7-night cruise…you have a lot more time to relax and not feel like you need to go, go, go.

I wasn't impressed by a lot of the food in the MDRs. I'm glad that after four cruises, I finally figured out what works best for us…skipping some of them and either getting room service or Cabanas. But next time I'll add in PALO dinner too just for another option away from the MDR.
I guess it's... food for the masses?
I thought about it, but then the feeling passed…I just wasn't in the mood.
So you're saying you're moody.

;)
I have a bunch more of these that I didn't post. They have them for all the Disney Parks around the world :love:
Oh, really!

That's awesome! What were you doing to lose weight?
Nutrisystem and it really worked, plus the majority of the food is not bad at all! But it is expensive.............and since the quarantine got me down and eating fun things to feel better (and possibly drinking more) I stopped my monthly order; it's just too expensive really. I don't think I've put on anything but haven't weighed myself in about 10 days lol; trying real hard to walk as often as possible at least!

That looks good!
Then I saw it was not.
:goodvibes
I remember being SUPER excited to eat at Royal Court in December...and feeling sort of meh about it afterward, too. I really think it had a lot to do with our table being crammed in the back, so we couldn't even enjoy the ambiance of the place. It really is beautiful.
You know, the food on DCL is supposed to be phenomenal. Between NCL, RCCL, and Disney I thought the worst was RCCL and honestly the best NCL!

Not gonna like that looks supper creepy. Its like an old beat up mickey willing you to pull him from the ocean.

And this is why we ❤

I know, I know…I have never tried lobster,
Blasphemy!!!!! I could live on nothing but seafood if that was an option. Funny story when I was pregnant the very first thing that gave me "morning sickness" was lobster. We were at the beach and had lobsters straight from the ocean but the smell got to me and I couldn't even look at them or enter the house for hours afterwards. It was a few years before I could eat it again but thankfully I'm long passed that. And if I can get over that you can certainly try it :earboy2:

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: We'll call this your Johnny Depp pirate look.

And my mom and I split a plate of fruit…I told you I was hungry! 😁

View attachment 493387

Nothing beats the fruit they serve on DCL.
I don't know what it is, but it's always just so perfect and fresh.
I love fruit but I hate having to cut it up and I'm too cheap…and too fussy…to buy pre-cut fruit.
I think that's why I love this so much…it's all done for me ::yes::

Going on a Disney Cruise has to be the MOST expensive way to get your fill of fresh fruit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!