French Quarter to the Fantasy With an EPIC Cherry on Top…Spring 2019! Updated 10/25!

I took some pictures in the lobby and an empty savanna...
Gorgeous!
none of us had ever met in person, but it was so funny to be standing there amidst 10,000 people and recognize all these people from afar!
I love how welcoming and friendly everyone was! :)
Afterwards, our guides walked us over to a spot where we could stand and watch the Blue Angels fly over SSE. The original plan for the day was to meet at DHS and then head to EPCOT, but Liesa asked if we could meet at EPCOT instead so we could see this and the whole group agreed. I had no preference because I had no idea what the Blue Angels were anyway, but I am SO happy she suggested this because this was amazing to see...
Such a great way to start the day!

Hi Kelly :wave:

Joining in your trip report. So far I have only read the intro. You are right about recognising so many faces on your epic girls trip. Hi girls and Honorary girls!

We are hoping to return to WDW in 2020. The plan was to go this summer but my daughter started her nursing degree in September and they didn't notify them of their placement schedule until December and the free dining offer had passed. It turns out she is free this summer which is frustrating.

Your children are a similar age to mine. Hannah has just come off her first 12.5 night shift which I think was a shock to the system.

I am considering going to POFQ next summer so will be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Look forward to hearing all about your trip. A 7 night cruise sounds amazing!

That is the truth! I would have been totally ok with it! I should just walk around Disney with a t-shirt that says "Call me Chunky!"
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

You absolutely should! Maybe Su-Queen could design it for you! And also, for our next EPIC trip, we need to get all of our Chunky names on our t-shirts. How cute would that be?? Like, something about the EPIC trip on the front with our Chunky names on the back!

I'm just that good.
I can't argue with that :-)

Kinda.
What I do is the first time I use it, I copy the HEX code before I apply it.
The next times I use it, when I click the teardrop, I just hit <CTRL-V> to paste it in. Much faster when you're doing multiple posts.
I'l try that, thanks again!! I might have had to abandon the whole report if it had to all be in orange :crazy2:
(It didn't work, but it kind of auto-populated when I started typing the first f so it's ok :thumbsup2)

I am so glad you posted this! I just went back and fixed the green in my TR. Took me a few minutes to figure out the number of my color but I eventually found it.
Isn't that great?! Who knew??

Must be my height and funky hair. :rotfl:
Just your height! :-)

Nope, not just you, that's my dream too. Well at least moving to Orlando is. We came so close this spring, Jim had an interview with Siemens in Winter Park, FL which is like a half hour from Disney. We were house shopping and everything but the job ended up not being what he thought it would be and he didn't take it. :sad:

Sigh…someday hopefully ::yes::

I don’t know any of you, and I already wish that I did and had come along on this trip. So I will now be looking up other trip reports and look forward to hearing about the rest of your adventures together!
Hello, and :welcome:

You're going to feel like you know all of us by the time you're done reading all these reports…maybe more than you even wanted to :rotfl:

Seriously, this is the best group of people ever. Years ago, I used to be afraid to comment on trip reports, but I'm so happy I did ::yes::

You can find a list of "Epic" trip reports over on Lesley's TR, or just click this link.
Thanks for posting that! You've been my Trip Report Assistant these last couple days. I'm going to have to pay you more :rolleyes1

I love how welcoming and friendly everyone was! :)
That was such a relief to me too, I don't know why I would think any different :confused3 I think it's just my personality, maybe. Believe it or not, I'm not the most outgoing person ever and I don't generally talk to people I don't know. This trip kind of changed that for me in a good way :goodvibes

Hello! And :welcome:

We are hoping to return to WDW in 2020. The plan was to go this summer but my daughter started her nursing degree in September and they didn't notify them of their placement schedule until December and the free dining offer had passed. It turns out she is free this summer which is frustrating.
That's rough. Nursing school is so hard :crazy2:, but hopefully it goes by fast.

When will you be there in 2020? We are going in March and then again in late June/early July.

Your children are a similar age to mine. Hannah has just come off her first 12.5 night shift which I think was a shock to the system.
The night shift was just awful for me. I was straight nights for nine years and I never want to do them again :crazy2:
I do think the younger girls have an easier time with them and you kind of get used to it, but it takes a while.

I am considering going to POFQ next summer so will be interested in hearing your thoughts.
Spoiler…we loved it there! I definitely want to stay there again :lovestruc

A 7 night cruise sounds amazing!

It was! I'd love to do that again too! I need to win the lottery for all the trips I want to take :rotfl:

You absolutely should! Maybe Su-Queen could design it for you! And also, for our next EPIC trip, we need to get all of our Chunky names on our t-shirts. How cute would that be?? Like, something about the EPIC trip on the front with our Chunky names on the back!

That would be so fun!!

@chunkymonkey This is terrible but I literally designed it in about two seconds…we should definitely make these for our next trip!

View attachment 405059

View attachment 405060

That would be so cute!! We should definitely work on something for 2021!!!

Just a note before I begin this update…I haven't written an update since the new boards went into effect and for the most part, I really like the changes, but I'm just now realizing that I cannot find my beloved pink font 😭
I think we should start a petition just for you!

Man you were up even before the animals :confused3. Let me show ya what you missed 🐪🐫🦒🦙🐃🐂🐄🐎🐖🐏🦓🦍🐘 (loving all the new emojis)

Now, since this was the first morning of the first day of the trip,
none of us had ever met in person, but it was so funny to be standing there amidst 10,000 people and recognize all these people from afar!
It's a small world after all.....

I had no preference because I had no idea what the Blue Angels were anyway, but I am SO happy she suggested this because this was amazing to see...
This is so cool. They fly around here pretty often so we've seen them a few times but over Spaceship earth is pretty dang cool.

I choked. I was so excited to see her but all I could remember in the instant was “chunky” and decided that shouting “Hey, Chunky!” might not be well-received. 😂
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:You so should have done this! No chance she wouldn't have answered.

Love these! And just realizing how well our chunkybuzzy and chunkylush names go together :drinking1

Last edited:
That would be so fun!!
That would be so cute!! We should definitely work on something for 2021!!!
I priced out the one I made just to get an idea and from that company, I had to buy a minimum of 6 and they were like $35 each. We definitely have some time to figure it all out, but isn't it fun just to start thinking about the next trip!?

I think we should start a petition just for you!
No need…Thanks to @pkondz , I'm ff0080 now ::yes::

Man you were up even before the animals :confused3. Let me show ya what you missed 🐪🐫🦒🦙🐃🐂🐄🐎🐖🐏🦓🦍🐘 (loving all the new emojis)
Ah, so there are supposed to be animals to there?

I love the new emojis too 🥰🤩🥂🍻🍹

This is so cool. They fly around here pretty often so we've seen them a few times but over Spaceship earth is pretty dang cool.
Maybe this is why I've never heard of them. I don't think they've been around CT too much :sad2:

Love these! And just realizing how well our chunkybuzzy and chunkylush names go together :drinking1
:rotfl:

I was today years old when I figured that out! :rotfl2:

Finally realized you got a TR started! Happy to be along for another :thumbsup2
:welcome: back! Thanks for reading!

The group VIP tour sounds amazing! Glad you guys were able to see the Blue Angels over SSE. What an awesome shot!

It was such a great day and so amazing to see them!

Last edited:
I priced out the one I made just to get an idea and from that company, I had to buy a minimum of 6 and they were like $35 each. We definitely have some time to figure it all out, but isn't it fun just to start thinking about the next trip!?
I agree 100%!!!

Liesa and I were up early and did our best to get ready without disturbing Jill too much.

I felt so badly everytime I dropped some makeup in the sink or the door shut! She was very gracious! (@jedijill )

By 6:49am, we were out in the lobby in search of coffee which wasn't even available yet.
_)

I can't for the life of me understand why coffee isn't available until 7:00!!! Seriously! Loads of folks are out a lot earlier, and the ME people would need it most of all.

While we waited for the shop to open,

I took some too; it was SUCH a lovely morning!

Then we looked up and somehow I spotted @missjackiemcg through the sea of people. She was kind of far way from us but then Liesa and I noticed she was with @Jenny Sanders and her husband, Joe, and we also spotted @Pluto0809 Ariana with them.
Now, since this was the first morning of the first day of the trip,

I don't think I'd have EVER seen them being so short, but once you pointed them out, I knew who they were. :)

I felt instantly more at ease!

It didn't take long at all to become fast friends. I think everyone was very comfortable in a very short time.

The original plan for the day was to meet at DHS and then head to EPCOT, but Liesa asked if we could meet at EPCOT instead so we could see this and the whole group agreed. I had no preference because I had no idea what the Blue Angels were anyway, but I am SO happy she suggested this because this was amazing to see...

It was incredibly amazing to see it fly over SE! I felt like we were so lucky to be able to catch it!
I've seen them fly across the Hudson River before but seeing them at Disney is so cool!

I was pretty nervous about people not enjoying that and be made at me for "wasting" our valuable Tour time, but I think most people enjoyed it and it was worth it. :) Glad we saw it for sure!

I’m excited to read through all the epic reports! It was fun following along with the plans. Great start and how awesome to spot others just in the crowds.

2019 goals, post more and stop being such a lurker 😂

What an awesome start to your day and VIP tour! That was definitely a good call to start the day in EPCOT to see the blue angels fly over. I would definiely like to see that someday!

I took some too; it was SUCH a lovely morning!

I'm sure yours are much nicer ::yes:: I took these when you snuck off to write some notes:goodvibes

It didn't take long at all to become fast friends. I think everyone was very comfortable in a very short time.

:grouphug:

I was pretty nervous about people not enjoying that and be made at me for "wasting" our valuable Tour time, but I think most people enjoyed it and it was worth it. :) Glad we saw it for sure!

Good call! I never would have even known to look for them anywhere. :thumbsup2

I’m excited to read through all the epic reports! It was fun following along with the plans. Great start and how awesome to spot others just in the crowds.

:welcome:

That was the first time that's ever happened to me…so surreal!

2019 goals, post more and stop being such a lurker 😂

Perfect goal! I lurked for a long time too before I finally started commenting…and I'm so glad I did too!

What an awesome start to your day and VIP tour! That was definitely a good call to start the day in EPCOT to see the blue angels fly over. I would definiely like to see that someday!

It was so random, but if I ever get the chance to see them again, I would definitely make the effort ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter