French Quarter to the Fantasy With an EPIC Cherry on Top…Spring 2019! Updated 10/25!

We got to ride SDD not once, but TWICE! I believe the plan was to ride once and then split up so some of us could go on TOT, but when the people who were actually going on TOT caught wind that the alternative was to just ride SDD again, we all voted to just do that! Wouldn't you think it would have been harder to get almost 20 people to agree?? It wasn't at all!
It looks like so much fun!!!
In the van on the way to AK, we all put in our Mobile Orders for Satu'li Canteen
and as we got off FOP we submitted it to say we were ready.
By the time we got down the stairs and into Satu'li Canteen, all of our meals were ready and waiting for us. The timing worked out perfectly.
Perfect! I adore Satuli, especially the tofu bowl!
He was so awesome in every way! You could tell that he was a genuinely nice guy. Cast Members throughout every park knew him and would stop to talk to him. He was also very knowledgeable about Disney and even stumped all of us "experts" on some Disney trivia.
I would LOVE to do a VIP tour one day. What an awesome experience!
After that, our group kind of dispersed. Some had headaches and wanted to go rest. Others had plans at different parks. I had no real plans so I decided to hang out in the MK where I would have the greatest character meet ever!
Hmmmm, now I am curious......Step Sisters? Fairy Godmother? Peter Pan?

I love that so many of you spotted other EPIC trip folks while in line for the park! It looks like you all had such a wonderful time meeting each other and spending time together.

The VIP tour sounds amazing! It's been fun to read so many reports describing your tour!

I don't think it's a proper safari without at least a few animal butts! :laughing:

What a seriously amazing day. I would so loved to have been there, not just because you got to do a VIP tour, but to do it with so many other new friends and fellow Disney fans, I just can't imagine!! So awesome. I think I would have needed a rest after too though...I just can't keep going all day like I used to lol

The VIP tour sounds amazing!! I’m still astonished all your food orders came out together.
Disney cast members are some of the greatest people ever. Glad you had such a fun and knowledgeable tour guide

This is all so true! I know they get a bad rap sometimes, but most of the CMs I've experienced have been awesome :love:

Perfect! I adore Satuli, especially the tofu bowl!

I'll have to try this one. I usually stick to the chicken bowl since I am not an adventurous eater AT ALL!

I would LOVE to do a VIP tour one day. What an awesome experience!

It was so much fun and will forever be grateful for the generosity of our fairy godperson :lovestruc

The VIP tour sounds amazing! It's been fun to read so many reports describing your tour!

I'm having fun reading everyone's reports as well. We were all in the same place but have a slightly different take on things :goodvibes

Good info

Thanks! :D

What a seriously amazing day. I would so loved to have been there, not just because you got to do a VIP tour, but to do it with so many other new friends and fellow Disney fans, I just can't imagine!! So awesome. I think I would have needed a rest after too though...I just can't keep going all day like I used to lol

I agree! The VIP tour was amazing but the truly magical part was getting to share it with so many awesome people!

Surprisingly, I wasn't tired at all after. I think it's because we had the best transportation and didn't have to rely on busses and getting through security (except for the one time in the morning). It really saved a LOT of time and energy :goodvibes

Sorry I've been MIA! I'm hoping now that summer is here I will have more time to post updates!

I am currently up in MA with my daughter at her dance competition and I have some time before her first dance so I thought I'd take advantage of the quiet hotel room and post an update.

I left off on...

May 2, 2019
This is going off the Mickey's Runaway Railway!

The VIP group mostly dispersed and I walked over to Main Street and bought a Mickey Ice Cream Bar at a kiosk. While I was strolling along enjoying my ice cream, I bumped into Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey , her husband Steve, her sister Su-Queen, and Kari at a little booth on Main Street. Su-Lynn was talking to a CM and I missed the beginning of their conversation so I have no idea how she did it, but shortly after the CM tapped all of our bands and gave us all a FP to go meet Mickey & Minnie :love:

I was excited because I hadn't yet seen them in their birthday outfits.

Confession, I rarely wait in line or get a FP to meet characters so I don't know if what we experienced was "normal," or not. Usually, if I meet characters it's at a dining experience and they are pretty rushed, especially since my kids are older, and they just don't spend much time interacting.

When it was our turn, our group was led into the little room to wait and while we were waiting, there was a guy in front of us who was adorable and just having the best time with Mickey and Minnie, though I kind of thought to myself,"boy, he's kind of taking a long time with them." I believe he was there for 5-10 minutes, but like I said, I'm used to the characters kind of rushing in, getting my picture and then leaving. Watching the guy in front of us interact with them, I should have known this would be different.

It started off innocently enough. Su-Lynn and her husband Steve were up first...
Sorry, Su-Lynn…your eyes are closed but it's still a really cute picture :lovestruc

But after that, things kind of went off the Mickey's runaway railway!
Mickey kicked Su-Lynn out of the picture and insisted on a guys picture...

So then, of course, we needed a girls picture...

But Mickey wasn't having that, so...

Well, I'm sure you can imagine what came next.
Yup, Minnie wasn't letting Mickey get away with photobombing our girls pic...

Things were just out of control at this point...

But we had so much fun with them!

They did finally relax a bit and I was able to get this :lovestruc

They were super adorable and this was such a fun meet. I guess as I think about it now, maybe this is what makes getting a FP for these meets worth it and I would definitely do this again!

After that, I parted ways with Su-Lynn and her group and went off to do a little solo MK time.

Attachments

• 1561295496949.png
    1561295496949.png
    585.4 KB · Views: 1
That looks like an excellent experience with Mickey and Minnie! I do love their birthday outfits. :goodvibes

I think characters sometimes are more fun with a group of people. My most awkward character encounter in 2016 was with talking Mickey - he didn't seem to know what to do with a single adult. (Although, that said, I also had some excellent character encounters while solo with Chip and Dale, Buzz and Woody, Rafiki, and Sorcerer Mickey... so perhaps I just had a dud Mickey!) You got several EXCELLENT pictures (I LOVE the photobombing!) so I'm glad you had such a ball!

I love your Mickey and Minnie photo sesh! Their outfits are awesome, and you all look so cute! Sounds like they really made it a unique fun experience.

I love character meet and greets and it sounds like you guys had a hoot meeting Mickey and Minnie. I love their birthday outfits and you got some great pictures even with the photo bombing :laughing:

I had no idea all of that went down on the photoshoot and totally thought this was part of the VIP tour. That Su-Lynn. She's like a rabbit who knows all the trix :D

I have no idea how she did it, but shortly after the CM tapped all of our bands and gave us all a FP to go meet Mickey & Minnie :love:
She's magic. That's how.
I was excited because I hadn't yet seen them in their birthday outfits.
:scared:
I don't want to see them in their birthday outfits! It's bad enough that Donald doesn't wear pants!
Confession, I rarely wait in line or get a FP to meet characters
Me neither. Just for one (and once at MNSSHP), but that's it.
I believe he was there for 5-10 minutes
That seems long to me. My meets are usually much shorter. Maybe... 2-3 minutes?
Sorry, Su-Lynn…your eyes are closed but it's still a really cute picture :lovestruc
::yes::
:laughing:
So then, of course, we needed a girls picture...
But of course...
But Mickey wasn't having that, so...

Well, I'm sure you can imagine what came next.
Yup, Minnie wasn't letting Mickey get away with photobombing our girls pic...
:lmao: That's hilarious!!
They were super adorable and this was such a fun meet.
It sure looked like it!

The VIP group mostly dispersed and I walked over to Main Street and bought a Mickey Ice Cream Bar at a kiosk. While I was strolling along enjoying my ice cream, I bumped into Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey , her husband Steve, her sister Su-Queen, and Kari at a little booth on Main Street. Su-Lynn was talking to a CM and I missed the beginning of their conversation so I have no idea how she did it, but shortly after the CM tapped all of our bands and gave us all a FP to go meet Mickey & Minnie :love:
I was not expecting to get them either but I used every charm in the book and Steve was batting his eyelashes but apparently that was not enough...
😆 😆 😆
All we had to do was drop our dashing VIP guides name, Jon Waters, and they were like, Jon Waters?!? He's a legend. And they just gave them to us! LOL.

I'm dreaming of our amazing day!
But after that, things kind of went off the Mickey's runaway railway!
I thought that was the cutest thing! I loved how it was girls vs guys! (girls won obviously and Mickey got jealous!)
They were super adorable and this was such a fun meet. I guess as I think about it now, maybe this is what makes getting a FP for these meets worth it and I would definitely do this again!
I loved the interaction that day. And you are right the waits for the FP meet n greets are longer and are definitely more interactive and less just about a "picture" and more about everyone having an "experience!"

I got a little behind, somehow!!

It's so perfect!

I see them! And just on the other side was a security line that had barely any people... they should really have split that up better.

That is one snazzy vehicle!

I had no preference because I had no idea what the Blue Angels were anyway, but I am SO happy she suggested this because this was amazing to see...

I knew what they were, but was glad I was sorta roped into seeing them because it was so cool and I never would have on my own! Love the videos you took.

I believe the plan was to ride once and then split up so some of us could go on TOT, but when the people who were actually going on TOT caught wind that the alternative was to just ride SDD again, we all voted to just do that!

Tower is my faaaav, but the preshow is just too darn long!

Before heading off to our next attraction, the Nurses in our group decided to take a group photo together :hug:

Love this! And we're all blonde!

IT's so elusive, can't believe you got this shot! Incredible! :rotfl2: I also missed all that excitement haha

Great photo! He was an exceptional CM, that's for sure. Our other guide was great too! Just a bit more subdued.

I had no real plans so I decided to hang out in the MK where I would have the greatest character meet ever!

My guess was Gaston... and then I thought it was probably too late for him, so eager to see who it is (and obviously as I'm typing this I've seen who it is haha!)

This is such a sweet photo!

These are AMAZING! And this makes sense, can't kick Mickey out, he's the STAR!

That's such a great meet! Idid that meet for the first time on the EPIC trip during Ater Hours with Jenny, Joe, Billie and Sara and we were there so long, and Mickey and Minnie were awesome! But yours was even better!

o do was drop our dashing VIP guides name, Jon Waters, and they were like, Jon Waters?!? He's a legend. And they just gave them to us! LOL.
John Waters IS a legend(ary director) so it's cool they share a name and very cool you could name drop lol!

The Mickey and Minnie M&G is so fun!! I love how long they spend with everyone at this one. Its definitely a nice change of pace, especially when you don't have kids with you I feel like most characters are gone in an instant after they take a picture with you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!