French Quarter to the Fantasy With an EPIC Cherry on Top…Spring 2019! Updated 10/25!

:laughing: This must have been between stops and you're just a slow drinker!
I think it was the Miller Lite I finally found after I just finished the frozen Coke with Buffalo Trace bourbon. I didn't really NEED to have it, but I was so excited I bought it anyway LOL

I held out for the Stow Away Mary, and ended up chugging it because of the ridiculous "no alcohol beyond this point" rule. Worth it though!
I believe I also had to chug my last drink due to that sign. Ah, well, it was fun anyway!! :)

Hi, Kelly! I'm excited to hear about your take on the EPIC trip!

Hello, and :welcome:

Thanks for reading!

I held out for the Stow Away Mary, and ended up chugging it because of the ridiculous "no alcohol beyond this point" rule. Worth it though!
I believe I also had to chug my last drink due to that sign. Ah, well, it was fun anyway!! :)

Is this right before the skies opened up at Hurricane Hannahs??

Just a note before I begin this update…I haven't written an update since the new boards went into effect and for the most part, I really like the changes, but I'm just now realizing that I cannot find my beloved pink font 😭

I feel like the font I've chosen below is as close to pink as I can get, but truly it's pretty orange and I HATE orange. I know, I know, first world problems. Anyway, you may notice me playing around and trying out different font colors. I'm sorry if this confuses anyone 😵

May 2, 2019

EPIC-NESS BEGINS WITH A VIP TOUR

Liesa and I were up early and did our best to get ready without disturbing Jill too much. By 6:49am, we were out in the lobby in search of coffee which wasn't even available yet. I loved how in Kidani the coffee, tea, and soda were right in the little shop next to the front door in the resort (sorry, I can't remember the name of it). I did end up getting a refillable mug this trip just because of the convenience factor and that I like to have coffee in the morning and tea at night and figured I'd get my money's worth with just that.

While we waited for the shop to open,
I took some pictures in the lobby and an empty savanna...

By 7:10 am, we were out waiting for the bus which would arrive shortly.

The plan was to meet everyone in EPCOT at 8:30, to the left of SSE. There was a sea of people waiting at the EPCOT bag check this morning. Liesa and I did our best to be patient and chit-chatted while waiting. Then we looked up and somehow I spotted @missjackiemcg through the sea of people. She was kind of far way from us but then Liesa and I noticed she was with @Jenny Sanders and her husband, Joe, and we also spotted @Pluto0809 Ariana with them.
Now, since this was the first morning of the first day of the trip,
none of us had ever met in person, but it was so funny to be standing there amidst 10,000 people and recognize all these people from afar!

In the very center of the picture, you can see the back of Ariana's head, next to her on the right, you can clearly make out Jenny's blond hair and her husband Joe's hat. Jackie is to the left of Ariana with pink ears on. It's funny that she was the first person I recognized because she's hard to spot here.

The crowd shifted a little and some space opened up on the far left so that Liesa and I kind of wiggled our way up to them and introduced ourselves. Honestly, it was such a relief because I still had some trepidation at this point and had no idea what I had gotten myself into with this trip. As soon and we all met and hugged, I felt instantly more at ease!

Once we all got through security and into the parks, we went to wait at the designated meeting area. There we found the lovely Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey already there with her husband Steve. And we also met our super generous, amazing host and the two…yes TWO…tour guides we would have for the day.

As we waited, more and more of the group started to trickle in until all of us were there.
I'm sure everyone felt a little awkward at first…or at least, I know I did. But everyone was so super nice, that it was very easy to warm up to them all :grouphug:

This picture was taken later, but here's the whole group.

Once everyone was together, our guides gave us a rundown of how things would go for the day. We would pretty much stay together unless anyone decided to opt out of a ride, in which case we could split up. And we would use the FastPass line for our rides.

The first ride we went on was Test Track.
I believe I went on with Molly because we both agreed on a pink car.
Of course, I'm trying to look at my photo pass pics and it keeps showing me
"Stitch ate the page." :sad2:

Afterwards, our guides walked us over to a spot where we could stand and watch the Blue Angels fly over SSE. The original plan for the day was to meet at DHS and then head to EPCOT, but Liesa asked if we could meet at EPCOT instead so we could see this and the whole group agreed. I had no preference because I had no idea what the Blue Angels were anyway, but I am SO happy she suggested this because this was amazing to see...

After we were done oohing and aahing over the Blue Angels,
we went on Frozen and then Soarin...

After Soarin', we headed out a back entrance and into a couple of vans that were parked there waiting for us. Of course, since this was in a backstage area, there are no photos of any of this. But it was so cool to see what's back there and we were all kind of super excited to see what's probably ordinary stuff, like some Food & Wine booths that are not currently in use and some costuming buildings.

Our next stop on this amazing tour is DHS!

Attachments

• 1559216901950.png
    1559216901950.png
    755.9 KB · Views: 1

Is this right before the skies opened up at Hurricane Hannahs??
Right before we walked through the Int'l Gateway. That night was still so fun, but I sure do wish we got our cruise in!

Then we looked up and somehow I spotted @missjackiemcg through the sea of people. She was kind of far way from us but then Liesa and I noticed she was with @Jenny Sanders and her husband, Joe, and we also spotted @Pluto0809 Ariana with them.
none of us had ever met in person, but it was so funny to be standing there amidst 10,000 people and recognize all these people from afar!
That was hilarious!!! I couldn't believe we ran into Jenny and Joe right away either among all those people, and then the fact that you guys found us, too!!

Honestly, it was such a relief because I still had some trepidation at this point and had no idea what I had gotten myself into with this trip. As soon and we all met and hugged, I felt instantly more at ease!
I think we all had some of that feeling, but seriously as soon as I saw each person and said that first hello (almost always accompanied by a big hug!) it just felt so familiar and perfect. I had no reason to be nervous!

The crowd shifted a little and some space opened up on the far left so that Liesa and I kind of wiggled our way up to them and introduced ourselves. Honestly, it was such a relief because I still had some trepidation at this point and had no idea what I had gotten myself into with this trip. As soon and we all met and hugged, I felt instantly more at ease!

I instantly felt a connection with everyone.
Maybe it's because I've "known" everyone for so long on the DIS but it definitely was fun to see everyone in person whom I haven't already met! (including you) :)

Once we all got through security and into the parks, we went to wait at the designated meeting area. There we found the lovely Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey already there with her husband Steve. And we also met our super generous, amazing host and the two…yes TWO…tour guides we would have for the day.

Aww, you are lovely too! I love that picture of all of us with Mickey and Minnie.
And ditto what you said about our amazing host "Chunkydust" :)
:disrocks:

Afterwards, our guides walked us over to a spot where we could stand and watch the Blue Angels fly over SSE. The original plan for the day was to meet at DHS and then head to EPCOT, but Liesa asked if we could meet at EPCOT instead so we could see this and the whole group agreed. I had no preference because I had no idea what the Blue Angels were anyway, but I am SO happy she suggested this because this was amazing to see...

It was incredibly amazing to see it fly over SE! I felt like we were so lucky to be able to catch it!
I've seen them fly across the Hudson River before but seeing them at Disney is so cool!

After Soarin', we headed out a back entrance and into a couple of vans that were parked there waiting for us. Of course, since this was in a backstage area, there are no photos of any of this. But it was so cool to see what's back there and we were all kind of super excited to see what's probably ordinary stuff, like some Food & Wine booths that are not currently in use and some costuming buildings.

That was really cool to see! Also the free waters and snacks...it was very much welcomed!

I'm just now realizing that I cannot find my beloved pink font

I'm having the same trouble. I've always used a dark green and it's gone. I tried the darkest green that's now there and it's still a bit too light and hard on the eyes. I might have to switch up colors. :sad1:

I can definitely see my head in your picture! :rotfl2:I think Jackie and I stood next to Jenny and Joe for about 5 minutes before Jenny asked if we were part of the Epic DIS group.

it was such a relief because I still had some trepidation at this point and had no idea what I had gotten myself into with this trip. As soon and we all met and hugged, I felt instantly more at ease!

I think every one of us felt this way up until the moment we all met.

Afterwards, our guides walked us over to a spot where we could stand and watch the Blue Angels fly over SSE.

This was just an awesome experience. Your first video is great! I didn't get turned around fast enough to follow them.

But it was so cool to see what's back there

As much as I enjoyed riding all the rides with our group, I think the backstage glimpses were my favorite part.

I thought this was so funny when you told me! Something similar happened to Steve and I when we were at AK for the AP Pandora preview, we knew we'd be meeting up with another Dis'er and I ended up recognizing her about 25 people ahead of us in line. So I ran up to her calling her name land probably scared the crap out of her lol but luckily she must still like me because we've met since then too!

I always enjoy seeing "backstage" on the tours I've taken. Since no pictures I try to remember what I'm seeing so I can tell people but I'm too busy looking around and forget details.

Just a note before I begin this update…I haven't written an update since the new boards went into effect and for the most part, I really like the changes, but I'm just now realizing that I cannot find my beloved pink font 😭

You mean this one?
It's very simple to get your favourite colour.
Click the same teardrop button that you used to select the other colours. But instead of clicking on one of the (boring, dull) colours on the colour swatch, type in ff0080 in the HEX Color box.

By 6:49am, we were out in the lobby in search of coffee which wasn't even available yet.
The horror!!! :scared:
I did end up getting a refillable mug this trip just because of the convenience factor and that I like to have coffee in the morning and tea at night and figured I'd get my money's worth with just that.
I have no idea... how much is coffee and tea? I would think tea would be relatively inexpensive? I could be wrong. I really have no idea.
I really like this shot. :)
:laughing: I bet!

In the very center of the picture, you can see the back of Ariana's head, next to her on the right, you can clearly make out Jenny's blond hair and her husband Joe's hat. Jackie is to the left of Ariana with pink ears on.
I spotted Ariana even before I read on. :)
As soon and we all met and hugged, I felt instantly more at ease!
Aren't DISers great? :goodvibes
I believe I went on with Molly because we both agreed on a pink car.
:laughing:
#colorpriorities
I had no preference because I had no idea what the Blue Angels were anyway, but I am SO happy she suggested this because this was amazing to see...
Those are amazing videos!
Looks like Olaf is melting.

Hi Kelly, I love reading everyone’s version of the trip! We all did click really well and the tour was so wonderful!
The Blue Angels were so cool to see fly over SE.
I’m so glad I met you in person. I have been reading your TR’s and Cruise reports for quite awhile!

Great video of the Blue Angels!!!

Isn’t it surreal meeting DISers you’ve followed in real life? I’ve told Su-Lynn this story and hopefully she won’t mind my repeating it. I saw her and her sister when I was exiting and the were entering the Festival Center during the 2018 Food & Wine festival. And ... I choked. I was so excited to see her but all I could remember in the instant was “chunky” and decided that shouting “Hey, Chunky!” might not be well-received. 😂

It can be difficult to explain “internet friends” to others, but in my experience they’re more often than not the real deal (at least as far as the DIS goes).

Last edited:
Hi Kelly! This was such an amazing day!! It was so cool how we all felt super comfortable with each other so quickly!!!!
It was! I'd love to go back and do it all again :love:

Right before we walked through the Int'l Gateway. That night was still so fun, but I sure do wish we got our cruise in!
Oh, yeah! They made you guys suck down your drinks before exiting! :drinking1:rotfl:
I'm sad we didn't get to see Illumination that night too :sad1:

It was incredibly amazing to see it fly over SE! I felt like we were so lucky to be able to catch it!
I've seen them fly across the Hudson River before but seeing them at Disney is so cool!
I didn't know a thing about this until that day! I'm going to have to listen out on the off chance they even come to CT :goodvibes

That was really cool to see! Also the free waters and snacks...it was very much welcomed!
That was PERFECT, and so unexpected! Was definitely a nice added touch!

can definitely see my head in your picture! :rotfl2:I think Jackie and I stood next to Jenny and Joe for about 5 minutes before Jenny asked if we were part of the Epic DIS group.
That's so funny!

As much as I enjoyed riding all the rides with our group, I think the backstage glimpses were my favorite part.
I think all of us were so geeking out, dreaming about working there someday! Or was that just me? :rotfl:

I ran up to her calling her name land probably scared the crap out of her lol but luckily she must still like me because we've met since then too!

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I can totally picture you doing this! :rotfl:

I always enjoy seeing "backstage" on the tours I've taken. Since no pictures I try to remember what I'm seeing so I can tell people but I'm too busy looking around and forget details.

I forget most of it too, even though I try to burn the images onto my brain. I guess that's why I'll keep doing them :thumbsup2

You mean this one?
Click the same teardrop button that you used to select the other colours. But instead of clicking on one of the (boring, dull) colours on the colour swatch, type in ff0080 in the HEX Color box.
What??? THANK YOU! How do you know that? Did I miss some new boards tutorial?

So…is there any way to just add the color in there, or do I have to keep typing in the code?

I really like this shot. :)
Your OCD is showing (probably the same reason I like it ::yes::):goodvibes

That was the thing about meeting so many people from here in person. I knew what they looked like but I didn't know how tall (Ariana) or tiny (Caroline) they were. Also, the voices threw me a bit because some people had accents I wasn't expecting. It wasn't a bad thing, it was just surreal.

Aren't DISers great? :goodvibes
The best :love::worship:

Those are amazing videos!

They were amazing to see! I'm so happy Liesa made us change our plans ::yes::

Hi Kelly, I love reading everyone’s version of the trip! We all did click really well and the tour was so wonderful!
The Blue Angels were so cool to see fly over SE.
I’m so glad I met you in person. I have been reading your TR’s and Cruise reports for quite awhile!
Same! I feel like I've known you for a long time, I'm so glad we finally met! :goodvibes

Isn’t it surreal meeting DISers you’ve followed in real life? I’ve told Su-Lynn this story and hopefully she won’t mind my repeating it. I saw her and her sister when I was exiting and the were entering the Festival Center during the 2018 Food & Wine festival. And ... I choked. I was so excited to see her but all I could remember in the instant was “chunky” and decided that shouting “Hey, Chunky!” might not be well-received. 😂
:rotfl:
And now, having met her, I think she would have TOTALLY been okay with that!

It can be difficult to explain “internet friends” to others, but in my experience they’re more often than not the real deal (at least as far as the DIS goes).

I agree 100%. I have friends that I've known all my life and I consider them good friends, but we have very little in common other than growing up together. Our interests as adults are completely different. It's nice to now have so many friends who have the exact same interest as me :-)

And after this trip, I've dropped the "internet," and just consider you all my friends now :hug:

:rotfl:
And now, having met her, I think she would have TOTALLY been okay with that!

That is the truth! I would have been totally ok with it! I should just walk around Disney with a t-shirt that says "Call me Chunky!"
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

What??? THANK YOU! How do you know that? Did I miss some new boards tutorial?
I'm just that good. ;)
So…is there any way to just add the color in there, or do I have to keep typing in the code?
Kinda.
What I do is the first time I use it, I copy the HEX code before I apply it.
The next times I use it, when I click the teardrop, I just hit <CTRL-V> to paste it in. Much faster when you're doing multiple posts.
Your OCD is showing (probably the same reason I like it ::yes::):goodvibes
:laughing:
That was the thing about meeting so many people from here in person. I knew what they looked like but I didn't know how tall (Ariana) or tiny (Caroline) they were. Also, the voices threw me a bit because some people had accents I wasn't expecting. It wasn't a bad thing, it was just surreal.
::yes:: I've been shocked a couple of times... but it's never taken me long to adjust to the "new" sound. :)

You mean this one?

I am so glad you posted this! I just went back and fixed the green in my TR. Took me a few minutes to figure out the number of my color but I eventually found it.

Must be my height and funky hair. :rotfl:

That's so funny!

In my defense, I don't think I had ever seen a picture of Jenny and Joe before. She was one of the few I had never interacted with on Facebook or the DIS.

I think all of us were so geeking out, dreaming about working there someday! Or was that just me?

Nope, not just you, that's my dream too. Well at least moving to Orlando is. We came so close this spring, Jim had an interview with Siemens in Winter Park, FL which is like a half hour from Disney. We were house shopping and everything but the job ended up not being what he thought it would be and he didn't take it. :sad:

I don’t know any of you, and I already wish that I did and had come along on this trip. So I will now be looking up other trip reports and look forward to hearing about the rest of your adventures together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter