French Toast Loaf - Snack or no snack?

pips

Earning My Ears
Just back from Disney. Went to MK and Main St. Bakery on May 18th. The french toast loaf was not included as a snack option per the CM at checkout who also double-checked with another CM. Didn't stop me from ordering OOP (or enjoying!) but I remember seeing it listed on the confirmed snack list. I didn't see any posted menus with Dining Plan icons, though, so I wonder if it depends on the CM. I believe it was $3.99.

Your report is almost surely the most authoritative, having just been at WDW and had the experience yourself.

I wonder: Would they let you use a CS credit for it? A stack of french toast does sound more like a meal than a snack.

I was there on May 19th and it was a snack option, and could also be added to a Bakery counter service meal- 2 items and a drink.

So does everyone want it on the confirmed snack list? or should I keep it off?

pips: Was the DP icon next to the french toast loaf?

I didn't look for the snack icon next to the French toast loaf because I was getting it as part of a counter service credit (French toast loaf + breakfast sandwich + coffee = too much food). It's so tricky figuring out the snack credits at the bakery because the menu isn't very specific when it comes to baked goods.

Seems like we need a couple of more guest experiences to know whether it is going to be included, long-term.

bicker said:
I wonder: Would they let you use a CS credit for it? A stack of french toast does sound more like a meal than a snack.

It's not a stack of french toast. :)

Portion wise, it's comparable to a cinnamon roll or other baked goods that are allowed as snacks.

I've read that a whole box of Entennmenns cookies are included -- there you've got a "snack" that is about double the food of many full counter service meals.

I may have missed it, but I did not see any of the dining plan icons listed next to any of the items on the menu at Main St. Bakery. I only spotted one menu, though, on the left side wall. Even though there may be some confusion, I think the enhanced snack plan offers great value. We had no problem using up our snack credits... they were all gone about halfway through our stay!

Each platter of food has a small white sign in it that gives the name of the food- and those signs have the DDP logo on them if the food is eligible.

Although I didn't order it, the French Toast did have the DP logo next to it the first week of May. That week everything in the bakery case did except one kind of muffin and I thought that was an oversight. But I noticed the French toast loaf after hearing so much about it on the DIS.

Funny that it wasn't on the 18th and was on the 19th. :confused3 Too bad for you pips!

Funny that it wasn't on the 18th and was on the 19th.

The confusion with all of this is the fact that it is ever changing.

Just as the Yachtsman took their Surf and Turf from the menu due to the dining plan and made lobster an add on that must be paid OOP, snacks will probably come and go too.

Just as soon as one person reports they were able to purchase something, the next day someone else won't be able to.

Sammie, I agree things will change and in fact expressed my opinion that we will never see a comprehensive list of snack options from WDW because options will vary. Prices will change and I think at some places selections will vary from day to day as fruit is in season, etc..

But in this case, I think the CMs in pips case made a mistake. It makes no sense for it to be on the plan on 5/2 or 3, off on the 18th and back on the 19th. If it wasn't available at all on the 18th, it would be different.

But no biggie because there are so many choices anyway.

BCV23 said:
Sammie, I agree things will change and in fact expressed my opinion that we will never see a comprehensive list of snack options from WDW because options will vary. Prices will change and I think at some places selections will vary from day to day as fruit is in season, etc..

But in this case, I think the CMs in pips case made a mistake. It makes no sense for it to be on the plan on 5/2 or 3, off on the 18th and back on the 19th. If it wasn't available at all on the 18th, it would be different.

But no biggie because there are so many choices anyway.

I totally agree, part of the problem will always be CMs that are clueless. The same person might go in and be told no, only to return later and get a different CM and be told yes.

I know they are trying very hard to educate the CMs on the specifics of the plan but with employee turnover being so heavy at Disney, it's a hard task.

jerseyjenny said:
Each platter of food has a small white sign in it that gives the name of the food- and those signs have the DDP logo on them if the food is eligible.

Yep, it's on the small tag that states what the item is, there were no symbols on the sign on the wall as it is generic as items are/are not available. We were there 5/3-5/8 and you could do the FTL as a snack or as part of a CS meal. I had it as a snack twice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter