• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fresh

dis sjw

Mouseketeer
If anyone wants a good breakfast while in disneyworld fresh would be the place to go on a scale from 0-100 i would give it a 100!CANT WAIT GOING TO DISNEYWORLD ON SATURDAY!! :mickeybar

Excuse me, but in all my visits, as well as living here for a year and a half, I have never heard of a restaurant called "Fresh". Where is it? Which park or hotel?

Fresh is at the Dolphin. It's a pretty new place, like less than 2 years old. Here's a link to the breakfast menu on Deb's site: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_freshb.htm

I've read around that breakfast is really good, but lunch isn't so great. I've never been there myself, so I can't offer an opinion. :)

lol, beaten by 2 minutes. :)

Yeah, it's b/c I couldn't remember if it was at the Swan or the Dolphin, so I had to go to Deb's site to look it up. And my Road Runner is down. Darn dial up! Foiled again by slow internet service!

Hey, just like in the commercials...

:rotfl:

Thanks for the info. What did you have when you ate there? Was there anything that stood out as really good?

We had our best breakfast at Fresh last trip. My father was staying at the Dolphin and wanted to go to Tubbi's, but we dragged him there instead. Now it's all he can talk about. I loved the apple filled french toast, tried DW's chocolate cherry pancakes and they were much better than they sounded. OJ was fresh squeezed and coffee was great, but then so was everything.

I keep hearing great things about this breakfast! THAT'S IT! I am making my PS NOW!

Thanks guys! :jumping4:

I think Fresh has been at the Dolphin less than a year. We have been there three times...twice for lunch and once for breakfast...they do not serve dinner. The first two times there were excellent but on our trip in December, we were extremely disappointed and it was because of the service. The food was very good as usual and the selection different. But the service was horrible! We were one of the first couples seated for lunch and it was a struggle to get any service whasoever. I had one drink refill...where I normally get 3 or 4. We had trouble getting our plates cleared. And we even needed to get another waitress to get our check.

I really enjoyed the breakfast more than the lunch (but the food is excellent at both) and I love the fresh squeezed juices. But the service was such a downer this time, it put a 'sour' taste in our mouths. Our rules for tipping are to start at 15%....if the service is good to excellent, we'll go higher. If the service is poor; it goes down. And for a 'buffet' style meal, it goes down even more if they can't bring me my drink,clear my plate, or bring my check......heck, that's all they are to do and the restaurant was not crowded at all. I think we gave a tip around 10% and in thinking back on it,
I think that was too much!

If you haven't tried Fresh, go for it and don't let my bad one-time service influence you.....I just felt I needed to mention that!

LOVE the breakfest at Fresh. Skip the lunch though.

This is on my list to try later this month. I know that they open early for breakfast--I was told 6:30AM by CRO. Are PS's needed? What about parking? We'll probably go on an Epcot day since it's close. If Epcot is the EE park for the day and opens at 8AM, how early should I get to Fresh if I want to be parking at Epcot by 7:45?

Thanks, T&B

T&B, if memory serves when you drive in the Dolphin entrance instead of going to the main entrance the parking is to the left more in front of the Convention Center. You can park there, walk into the main entrance, veer to the right and go down the escalator, turn right and go to the end.

It was not busy when we went in November and the waitress said it depends on the time of year and if there is a convention. I would think that early you will be alright either way.

If you wanted to you could also take the boat ride over to Epcot after you are done. Just go out the doors at the bottom of the escalator and you will see the Dock. The boat will drop you off at the International Gateway.

Hope that answered some of your questions

Thanks Dave! Is there someone guarding the post at the Dolphin parking to keep unauthorized people out. If so, I guess I'm better off with a PS so that they can see that I have business at the hotel.

I would take the boat and go in the back entrance to Epcot, but I wonder if it will save me any time since the EE is in Future World and I'd have to then walk through World Showcase. Is a person allowed to leave their car at the Dolphin and do that? I have an AP so I'm not trying to avoid paying for Epcot parking.

T&B

t&b

There is no gate or guard at the Dolphin like other resorts that i remember. You don't need a PS anyway to go to a restaurant in a resort.

Last time i entered the international gateway the Worldshowcase was closed, but you can still enter there. They rope off at the bridge going to France, and you walk through UK and Canada to Future. Just a thought, technically you aren't supposed to, but as a DIS'er i thought i would give you the info and tell you it wouldn't be a problem, but to do as you think. You're right that early probably would save you much time.

Have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter