Fried Chicken and Security (unrelated questions)

DisneyDogFan

Earning My Ears
We are starting to pack and the questions are bubbling up in me!

First, will the Plaza Inn let you order fried chicken a la carte? I love fried chicken and I’ve never had it there but definitely wouldn’t want a platter or three pieces. I’d really prefer just a piece or two and a biscuit. Normally I feed my husband my extras but he doesn’t eat chicken so I’m on my own for this one!

Second, some of the reports of the bag check lines on Harbor are a little frightening. For someone who has been recently are they bad first thing in the morning (say 30 minutes before rope drop)? For mid day entry, would we better off going through DTD? We will be at the Candy Cane and I’m trying to figure out if it would be worth the walk up Katella.

I don’t know about the fried chicken (other than it’s really good!) but we just finished a 3-day stay at the CCI and the security lines on Harbor went super quick. Maybe 10 minutes was the longest we waited? We arrived anywhere from 45 minutes before rope drop to right at park opening.

Security on Harbor has been recently revamped to make things go much more quickly. Hopefully the days of the horrific lines are over.

I think Plaza Inn will let you order whatever you want. I always get all white meat, extra potatoes instead of vegetables, etc, never been a problem. Harbor security will not be backed up if you arrive before opening.

Yes you can order chicken by itself, without the sides. The CMs will tell you the prices per piece (I believe they vary between drumstick, breast & thigh).

We are taking our first family trip from the east coast soon. How does this restaurant work? Is it table service (sit and order), or quick casual style (line goes past the food and you say what you want)? Are reservations required or even available? This sounds like a place we would enjoy with my picky eaters. Thanks!!!

You absolutely can order fried chicken a la carte, the prices have gone up lately, but still available.

We are taking our first family trip from the east coast soon. How does this restaurant work? Is it table service (sit and order), or quick casual style (line goes past the food and you say what you want)? Are reservations required or even available? This sounds like a place we would enjoy with my picky eaters. Thanks!!!
It is like your description of quick casual. There is an area to get chicken, an area for pasta, one for beef (pot roast is great too), an area for salads and desserts (just realized they are together, and that is interesting!) then your drinks. So you just go to the various areas, collect your meal, then cash out and go find a place to sit.

I'm glad you specified "unrelated questions." But I was kind of enjoying the mental speculation... "Will security let me through quicker if I bribe them with fried chicken?" :rotfl:

Me too! "Is fried chicken on the list of prohibited items?" was my first thought :)

I was thinking the same thing! Boy that list of prohibited items sure has gotten specific. o_O

Perhaps I was asking if I fill my oversized stroller with fried chicken, can I still bring it through security? :love1:

Seriously though, thank you. I’ll stop worrying about the Harbor Boulevard backups and also plan to get my chicken on, one piece at a time.

So excited! Just a few more days to go before we are off!

Perhaps I was asking if I fill my oversized stroller with fried chicken, can I still bring it through security? :love1:

Seriously though, thank you. I’ll stop worrying about the Harbor Boulevard backups and also plan to get my chicken on, one piece at a time.

So excited! Just a few more days to go before we are off!

I heard they have a box you have to set the chicken into at security. If it fits, you can bring it in. If any piece of the chicken falls outside the lines, they confiscate it. :( :(

I walked in and out of the Harbor Blvd entrance area a few times on Saturday, all throughout the day, and it went very quickly every time.

I had the opposite experience. I stayed at the Candy Cane and on Wednesday, May 1, the line was down Harbor. The park opened at 9 am. I was in line shortly after 9 and did not get through security until a few minutes after 10 am. On April 30th I arrived around 12 noon and the line was manageable, less than 20 minutes.

I had the opposite experience. I stayed at the Candy Cane and on Wednesday, May 1, the line was down Harbor. The park opened at 9 am. I was in line shortly after 9 and did not get through security until a few minutes after 10 am. On April 30th I arrived around 12 noon and the line was manageable, less than 20 minutes.

The only time I've noticed really long lines is exactly when you say you were there - right at opening time. If you go before or after the lines seem more manageable. But the 10 minutes or so before opening to 20-30 minutes after opening is the worst.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter