• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friend just sent me this crock pot .....POT ROAST

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
To Die For Crock Pot Roast Serves 4

1 beef roast any kind sized to fit your crock pot
1 pkg hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 pkg brown gravy mix
1 pkg Italian dressing mix
1/2 C warm water

Place roast in crock pot. Mix all 3 env of mixes together & sprinkle on top of roast. Pour about 1/2 C of warm water in the bottom of the crock pot.
Cook on low for 6 to 7 hrs. Comments: I have used many different recipes for cooking roasts through the years, but have never had one as
delicious as this! Don't let the simplicity fool you, try it! You will be glad you did!! Use any leftovers for hot roast beef open-faced sandwiches
when the weather cools! Also, the "gravy" is wonderful on mashed potatoes!!

Thanks Pumba, I want to try this for sure. It sounds so good, I printed off a copy for my MIL too. :wave:

I'm going to try this next week! Thanks for posting it.

I hope that the gravy it makes tastes as good.......will up date you when I test taste it.......drool

Is this the one you did with the deer roast? I can understand why you would say the sodium would be high. Those powders would do it. I would think that people with blood pressure problems should stay away from that one. But for the rest of us -- it still sounds yummy to me.

I tried this recipe this weekend. It was delicious!!!!! And so easy!!!! The beef just melted in our mouths and had a very good flavor. the gravy was excellent!!! Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter