Friends and Family Discount

Hi! I'm fairly new to the Disboards, but I did have a few questions about CM discounts. My husband has a good friend whose mom is a cast member. We were fortunate enough to have her book a F&F trip for us this past April. I am currently going through Disney withdrawal and am interested in planning a trip for April 2018. Is there a limit to how many trips a CM member can book each year? We are worried about asking for a F&F discount again so soon, especially if she has a limited number of trips she can book. Also, is it too early to book a trip with a CM for next April? We were able to stay at the GF and AKL, with the discount and would love to do it again. Thanks for any information!

The cast member is limited to the number of rooms they can book. I am not sure of the number, it is either 5 or 7, in a calendar year,
. The rates for 2018 are now available for booking.

I have a CM friend who generously booked us a F&F reservation for next Sept 2018. At the Yacht club, and it is saving us $1400 off rack rate. I assume I can keep checking back to see if there are other options that come up? And do I just call the regular reservation number? Thanks!

Last edited:
We are friends with a very nice CM who offered to book our stay for next year. She is relatively new, so I hoped to check a couple things. Hopefully it's not too much trouble.

She said she can't book past March 2018 right now (we were looking for late fall). Just wanted to confirm that's true and if not, a suggestion of where she can see Fall availability. If true, anyone know off-hand when Oct-Nov opens up?

Also- Is the F&F discount on rooms 40%?

Thanks very much!:cool1:

I have booked a F&F rate for a friend in July, but I did have to call since I am retired and can't book through the HUB.
I got a 40% off rate at a deluxe resort. Sometimes rates can be as low as 25% off.

I have booked a F&F rate for a friend in July, but I did have to call since I am retired and can't book through the HUB.
I got a 40% off rate at a deluxe resort. Sometimes rates can be as low as 25% off.

Thanks for ur quick response Kerry! For anyone with access to the HUB- are u able to see Oct/Nov dates or do you have to call in for them? Thanks

My CM friend was able to book us a resort on the HUB for the beginning of November 2018 but said that there was very little availability showing up for that time. We booked a resort that wasn't one of our top choices and I'm hoping more become available so I can switch!

One more question about the booking process. Our friend mentioned that she can't specify room level online (club level or view). I imagine this can't be the case unless you only see resorts available online and have to call in to book room type (club).

If anyone can help me understand if this is he case that would be great!

This is a first time for me having a CM book me a reservation (and in fact only my second time at DW), but my friend was able to see CL dates. But if your friend books you a regular, you can call and ask if there is any CL available (I did that the other day to see if there were any available and I could have changed resorts/CL or non or the view of the room if I wanted to. I think it is best just to go ahead and get a reservation.....any reservation....and then you can adjust as you want by just calling the reservation number. :)

Sorry to bother you guys-- you've been so helpful so far-- but I have kind of a weird question.

As you may recall, my niece is using her friends and family discount to get us 40% off our room at the Beach Club next summer.

One of my closest friends just revealed that she has stage 3 Breast Cancer... so she's looking at Chemo starting soon, then a mastectomy and radiation between now and next spring.

When I was facing a mastectomy and radiation (no chemo, thankfully) what kept me sane was the knowledge that we had reservations for our first, then second, trips to WDW. Somehow I knew I would be OK-- I had the reservations to prove it. Sillly, I know, but it made a real difference in my attitude. When I couldn't sleep at night, I could plan and plan and plan. Hence my post count.

Anyway, I'm starting to think: would it be possible to add a second room onto the reservation without using a second of my niece's allotted friend and family discounts? She's met my friend-- but my niece lives in CA and we're in NY-- the last time they met, my niece was probably 10. I wouldn't dream of asking her to extend her discount on a new reservation. But if we could simply add a second room- for some or all of our 7 nights-- it might be something very concrete for my friend to look forward to. And it would mean a Deluxe at pretty close to moderate prices. If she's not feeling strong, the location is tough to beat.

I don't know whether my friend and her 3 adult daughters would even be interested; I wanted to gather info before broaching the subject with anyone.

Last edited:
No, you cannot add a second room without using one of your niece's allocated rooms. Sorry, how many rooms will your niece be using in 2018. Maybe if you explain the situation she may be willing to book the room. You don't know yet if your friend will be willing to go.

Out of curiousity does anyone know how often dining plan is discounted for cm's? I know it is few and far between but do they even do it anymore?

Out of curiousity does anyone know how often dining plan is discounted for cm's? I know it is few and far between but do they even do it anymore?
I haven’t seen it in a while now. The holiday discount for this year was very limited also.

That is what I thought as well , one more question is the availablity for fof discount the same as when the cast member stays?

A friend of mine works at Disney and we have used her friends and family discount in the past. We have a reservation in July, but this time she will be staying with us and using the cast member discount. Does she have to be present at check in since we are using the cast member discount and not the friends and family discount? Also, are we not able to do online check in and skip the front desk because of this? Just trying to coordinate when she should meet us. I know with the friends and family discount she just had to fax in her employee ID a week before check in date. Thanks!

My daughter starts the Disney college program on Tuesday :cool1:

We are thinking about booking a cabin at the Wilderness Campground with her as one of the guests (I know she will be working but any time with her is great IMO)

Dates would be March 15-19. Should I wait to see what discount she can get once she has access to the HUB next week or should I just book a Florida resident rate right now. The fast pass window will open soon but I also want to save some money ...

My daughter starts the Disney college program on Tuesday :cool1:

We are thinking about booking a cabin at the Wilderness Campground with her as one of the guests (I know she will be working but any time with her is great IMO)

Dates would be March 15-19. Should I wait to see what discount she can get once she has access to the HUB next week or should I just book a Florida resident rate right now. The fast pass window will open soon but I also want to save some money ...

You could book now using your available discount so you can book your fp. Then when your daughter gets access, she can check what's available. If she can get a better rate, you can cancel your original reservation. You won't lose you fp. Good luck and congrats to your daughter!

Thanks !!
My daughter is under my MDE account. When she books a cast member room on the HUB can and if so how would she make sure it is linked to our account. I do not want to make a separate/independent MDE account for her right now.
She has an AP that will exp. at the end of this month and we will not be renewing while she is a cast member. Is there a way for me to us our MDE account to still make her fast passes ???

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter