From Deluxe down to Quick Service

Dizzy4Disney1960

Earning My Ears
My adult DD surprised me with a trip to WDW this September. It's always just the two of us and this time has a lot of firsts. Staying value (Pop) instead of moderate (French Quarter), staying 5 nights instead of 10, and using the "free" dining Quick Serve plan instead of our usual Deluxe plan, going during Food and Wine (we've never been to a festival). We could upgrade to the regular plan for about $150. Aside from the cost out of my daughter's pocket, we are not sure if we will have time to eat at table service restaurants on such a short trip. Granted, we will be avoiding most of Hollywood Studios due to Galaxy's Edge crowds (Toy Story Land is a must for us, so Rope Drop.), but are used to the time it takes to have a Signature Meal and/or Character meal each day. I pride myself on being a pretty savvy WDW planner, but now I'm stumped. I could really use some truly expert Disney traveler advice. Thanks in advance
:flower1:

going during Food and Wine (we've never been to a festival).

I would look at last year's menus and see if eating at the booths will make up a couple days' worth of dining. Almost all of the food items are a snack credit, so it's easy to use them there and a VERY good value. You can also use a QS meal credit to get 3 snacks at one time from one booth. This can also be a good use of that credit, but you lose the alcohol, if that is important to you. Eating at the festival means even less time to do any sit down meals because you won't be hungry for them.

Personally, I'd leave it the way it is just to try it. You might enjoy spending more time in the parks and less time dining along with the more spontaneous feel of a QS only trip. You can also use mobile ordering for all your meals saving even more time.

I would still make a loose plan of the places I want to eat so I wasn't trying to find what's nearby when I'm hungry. QS at WDW has some wonderful options, but you need to know what is where.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter