From Sketch to Reality - Updated and Reprinted!

Iain Chapman

Are we back at DLRP yet?
Hi All,

Couple weeks back I emailed one of the authors of "From Sketch to Reality" seeing if he knew where I could get an Engish copy - only copies he had available where the 'exclusive' signed versions which cost the earth!.

Anyhow, received the below email:

Enjoy!.

Hello,

I am Alain Littaye, the author - along with Didier Ghez - of the "Disneyland Paris, from sketch to reality" book.
If you receive this message it's because you've bought to me some months ago a copy of the book OR you wanted to buy the regular ENGLISH edition of the book, and this one was out of stock for many months .

Now, i have good news for those of you who desperately are searching this book, at reasonable price.
The book is currently under re-print, and not only the new edition will have always the same 320 pages and 750 illustrations of the first print, but , too, it will have updated section for the new buzz light year and space mountain mission two attractions.

If you don't have this stunning book already, you'll find the infos to order it to me just below.

And for those of you who already, have the book may i ask you , if you have friends who are looking for the book , to kindly forward to them this message? thank you!

NOW, how to order this new updated edition:

The price for this new regular edition is 59$ and it's simply the cheapest price you can find it on the market!
A dedicated copy is also available at 79$ - if you want it autographed to your name or any other person

You have to add the shipping price, which is 10$ ( that's the cheapest price - 4-6 weeks delivery but no tracking number ) or 23$ ( always 4-6 weeks delivery with tracking number ). Which shipping mode to choose? Honestly, the two work well, and everybody who order to me previously the book have received it.

If you want to order the disneyland paris book , you can do it easily, specially if you have a PAYPAL account , and if you don't have paypal you can pay it by bank wire transfert
All you have to do is to go on paypal at : www.paypal.com and enter my email adress: lawrence55@wanadoo.fr and the total amount .

If you don't have a paypal account, let me know, i'll send you the bank infos for the wire transfert.

The book is not only beautiful, it has been acclaimed by WDI imagineers as "probably the best book ever done on a disney theme park", and everybody who have it just love it, really ( if you have it already, you know what i'm talking about! )

Thanks to let me know if you're interested, and , if you order it, please let me know at which adress it has to be sent

All the best

Alain Littaye

ps: for those of you who are still looking for the "collector's edition" of the book, i have only left 3 copies of it, and the price is 140$. And of course it will be dedicated.

MORE INFOS ABOUT THE BOOK ITSELF:

“Disneyland Paris: From Sketch to Reality“ is a beautiful large format art-book – 23x31cm ( 9 x 12 inches) - hardbound with dust jacket - all-color, 320 pages and 750 illustrations including 250 concept paintings coming directly from Walt Disney Imagineering !

To state that this book was conceived by park enthusiasts for other park enthusiasts is weak: the book tells the story of the park’s creation, gives details about the “mythology” of the lands and the attractions and shows each one under a totally new angle, thanks to both text and photos.

The text, by expert and Disney historian Didier Ghez, was written after more than 75 interviews were conducted with the most important Imagineers who created the park.

For each attraction the reader will discover: rare “never-published-before” concept drawings and paintings, models, photos of Imagineers at work on the project and a lot of photos of the attraction as it exists today that will be revealed in the book for the first time. Those 500 photos were selected with extreme care among more than 2.500 ! In addition, in each chapter a long section is dedicated to the most popular attractions: 24 pages for« Pirates of Carribean », 14 pages for « Phantom Manor » and « Space Mountain », etc.

“Disneyland Paris: From Sketch to Reality “ also features fantastic views of the park from the sky by photographer Yann Arthus Bertrand, all the famous and breathtaking attraction posters that one can normally see below Main Street railroad station, all the futuristic posters from Discovery Arcade, all of Marc Davis’ drawings created for “Pirates of the Caribbean”, etc.

Technical details

Title: Disneyland Paris: From Sketch to Reality
Authors: Alain Littaye (Project conception, art direction and additional photographs)
And Didier Ghez (Text)
Format: 23 x 31cm ( 9 x 12 inches) hardbound with dust jacket
Number of pages: 320 pages, all color
Number of illustrations: 750, including 500 photos and 250 concept drawings from Walt Disney Imagineering

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter