From the World to the Land... A Duo of Dining Reports! Updated 1/28

Following along! :wave2:
The little hashbrown was also delicious and tasted like a gourmet McDonald's hash brown (HIGH PRAISE).

High praise indeed! I love a good ol' McDonald's hashbrown, so a gourmet version must be amazing.

Of course, then they announced the dates to AP previews for Galaxy's Edge and we added on even more to our trip!
We must have been down there around the same time as we were there for the previews as well (though just the first 2 days of it)

and it was back to the Kona Cafe for dinner. My husband loves the sushi here, so we almost always come here on our trips.
Has he tried Tokyo Dining sushi? Its definitely our Disney favorite for the price

This was not good. The burger portion and the bacon were fine, but the crispy cheddar was gross and ruined the whole burger. The fries were also just bad, and seemed like they came out of Cosmic Ray's. Cosmic Ray's is probably better! These were just awful, worse than quick service fries. I was appalled, like how do you mess up french fries?
Ugh, that sounds horrible. A burger is pretty dang hard to mess up, but fries???? I guess we should stick to the sushi

California Grill brunch! I snagged this reservation originally for our December trip and was VERY ANNOYED to have to give it up when my husband wanted to switch the trip to August. Luckily, reservation finders came through and I managed to snag a reservation!
Awesome you got one! I tried for 2 separate Sundays and one never came through. So disappointing

To share we got the Pineapple-Coconut Stuffed French Toast (Cream Cheese Filling, Pineapple Compote). This was not bad. It seemed a little bland for what it was, but was pretty good. It just didn't hold a candle to the next entree, the STAR of the meal.

IMG_0431.JPG
My husband ordered the Peach Pancakes (Whiskey Marinated, Oat Crumble, Chantilly Cream). These were amazing. They were the best pancakes I've ever eaten in my life. Perfectly fluffy, with the delicious peaches to really take them over the top. I was stuffed, but to this day I regret not ordering a second order of these.

IMG_1033.JPG
These both must be new and look fabulous. I had some pancakes in May there and there were definitely amazing. I'd be so all over both of these and asking for it to be boxed up :D

Also of note: the couple next to us seemed to be running some harebrained scheme on the California Grill. They kept ordering more entrees, taking a single bite, asking for it to be boxed up, and then ordering more entrees. This was definitely weird, but the weirdest part was the guy's justification for this while ordering another entree was he "wasn't doing pepper right now," said in a STRONG New York accent. My husband and I contained our laughter at the time, but NOT DOING PEPPA became an in-joke during the whole trip!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: What does that even mean that he is not doing peppa? Salt and Peppa? Peppa pig? Peppa roni?

Love your reviews! I have a Blaze Pizza near me as well, and the red pepper with pesto is an inspired idea for a pizza minimalist like myself.

Joining in! Your DR already has me so hungry! I can't wait to do the Cali Grill brunch again in March!

We must have been down there around the same time as we were there for the previews as well (though just the first 2 days of it)

Has he tried Tokyo Dining sushi? Its definitely our Disney favorite for the price

Ugh, that sounds horrible. A burger is pretty dang hard to mess up, but fries???? I guess we should stick to the sushi

Awesome you got one! I tried for 2 separate Sundays and one never came through. So disappointing

These both must be new and look fabulous. I had some pancakes in May there and there were definitely amazing. I'd be so all over both of these and asking for it to be boxed up :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: What does that even mean that he is not doing peppa? Salt and Peppa? Peppa pig? Peppa roni?

We were there for the last day of the preview, so right after you! We haven't done Tokyo Dining yet, but a recommendation from you just shot that up to the list for a visit on our May trip! NOT DOING PEPPA is an eternal mystery that I will think about until my dying day!

Love your reviews! I have a Blaze Pizza near me as well, and the red pepper with pesto is an inspired idea for a pizza minimalist like myself.

I highly recommend it! Add roasted garlic as well if you can handle a third topping.

Joining in! Your DR already has me so hungry! I can't wait to do the Cali Grill brunch again in March!

I am DYING to do Cali Grill brunch again, but we arrive on Sunday most trips!

Fun Sanaa fact - I'm 99% sure I saw your family coming in when we were leaving! You were trying to get seated plus I didn't want to be awkward by saying anything, but I'm pretty sure I saw a Dis celebrity (or four of them)!
Whatt!!! That is too funny!!! I was a hot mess when we got there! It was so hot that day and we were so happy to be in air conditioning.

The next day we had an early lunch at Chef Art Smith's Homecomin'. This was another new to us restaurant. My husband started with the Moonshine Mash (Watermelon-infused moonshine, fresh watermelon, lime juice and simple syrup). He said it tasted like a jolly rancher! He was worried about the moonshine being too overwhelming, but it wasn't.

IMG_1799.JPG

I ordered the Art's Famous Fried Chicken (Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, a cheddar drop biscuit and love). This was very good! The chicken was well-seasoned and nice and juicy. The cheddar biscuit was delicious (and the best out of the three Disney cheddar biscuits I ate between here, Ale & Compass, and Cali Grill). However, I think the mashed potatoes may have had cheese in them and were just a little too rich for my tastes. Overall, I loved the meal, even though the portions were huge! Unfortunate since we also had a big dinner planned.
IMG_0450.JPG

My husband ordered the Fried Catfish (Accompanied by hushpuppies, grits, and a side of remoulade), but substituted the grits for the mac and cheese. He thought it was delicious, although the catfish breading leaned a little dry. The macaroni and cheese was the star, very gooey and cheesy.

IMG_8654.JPG

For dessert, we got the key lime pie and the hummingbird cake. Both were AMAZING. The key lime pie was the best my husband has ever eaten! Of course, we took a few bites and took the rest to go as we were stuffed!

IMG_3969.JPG

IMG_9814.JPG

After that, we went to DHS, although I didn't take notes on what we did. The only reason I know we went is because my husband is wearing his Star Tours shirt and he wouldn't have worn it if he weren't going to Star Tours! After DHS, we went back to the room to rest for a while before heading to Ohana for dinner. This was another new to us restaurant, shockingly. I'm sure you've all seen Ohana food pictures a thousand times, but here's a few more for good measure.

IMG_5284.JPG

IMG_8655.JPG

IMG_6734.JPG

IMG_5725.JPG

I've always heard Ohana described as a love it or hate it place, but we were firmly in the middle. I thought the potstickers were incredibly delicious, but the meat leaned dry and underseasoned. The bread pudding lived up to its reputation though - I loved it! I don't think we would rush back, but I'd be open to trying it again sometime. Definitely not one of my Disney favorites.

The next two days weren't very exciting, as we were headed to two days at the Magic Kingdom, where I planned to use up most of our quick service credits. But we also had two dessert parties planned!

We had a quick service lunch at Roaring Fork the next day before taking the boat to the MK. I got the Western Flatbread (Flatbread topped with Sausage, Pepperoni, Caramelized Onion, and Mozzarella). This was pretty good for quick service! I enjoyed it. My husband got the Gourmet Grilled Cheese (Mozzarella, Arugula, Tomato, and Caramelized Onions on Multigrain Bread served with French Fries). He said this was okay, although grilled cheese was a bit of misnomer - it was more of a panini. I can confirm that his quick service fries were much better than the travesty Kona Cafe served me though!
IMG_9304.JPG

We took our mugs down for lunch with us, so we were able to use our drink credit for a side. We got a fairly standard cookie and a beautiful pink macaron that was too beautiful to resist. Friends, do not fall for the siren call of this macaron, no matter how much you like pink! It was very dry and horribly tasted of raspberry chemicals.

IMG_4541.JPG

IMG_3817.JPG

We headed over to MK and hit a few rides before the Halloween Party. We had an early lunch at Columbia Harbor House, where I ordered the chicken nuggets and fries and my husband ordered the shrimp and fish combo. What can I say? It was sustenance. When questioned for this review, my husband said, "It's basically Long John Silver's" before pausing and going, "Actually, it's worse than Long John Silver's." The one downfall of getting the dining plan is having to use your quick service credits, although I wouldn't have wanted a sit-down dinner on a party night anyway.
IMG_1950.JPG

We headed towards the Elvis Stitch meet and greet after that, and it was HOT once we were done. What better way to cool down than with a Peter Pan float!
IMG_9377.JPG

We LOVE the lime dole whip! If you haven't tried it, I can't recommend it enough. I don't really like lime that much while my husband loves it, but we both enjoy the lime dole whip. It's very tart and fresh tasting without being too sweet. After meeting with Donald and Daisy, we headed over to the dessert party. They had miniature versions of most of the speciality treats, and most of them weren't too bad. We ate a plate of snacks and then ducked out early to watch the first parade as we were starting to get tired. The main reason I pay for dessert parties is to get the fireworks viewing, as I don't like being packed into the hub with a million people. On that front, I can recommend them!

IMG_6376.JPG

The next day, we got ready for another MK day, complete with another dessert party! Thankfully, today had some better quick service food on the horizon. We were headed to Be Our Guest for lunch, which I really like for lunchtime. I know it feels like a glorified cafeteria then, but I really love the restaurant and the food is pretty good. My favorite pork dish had been removed from the menu, so I decided to try the French Dip Sandwich (Served on a Baguette with Au Jus and Pommes Frites). This was pretty delicious! It was a bit dry, but that's what the au jus was for.

IMG_7830.JPG

My husband ordered the Tuna Niçoise Salad (Seared Tuna with Chilled Green Beans, Fingerling Potatoes, Olives, Roasted Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Poached Egg and Red Wine Vinaigrette). He loves this, and thinks it's a great value for all the food you get and would much rather eat this than any of the other quick service meals in the park. The tuna is good and it comes with a bunch of other interesting things like the poached egg.
IMG_2018.JPG

We spent the afternoon riding rides before heading over to Pecos Bill's for dinner. We had never been here before, but had generally heard good things. We both ordered the Taco Trio (Three Soft-Shell Tacos with a selection of Seasoned Ground Beef, Seasoned Chicken, Pork Carnitas or Spicy Breaded Cauliflower topped with Five-Spice Yogurt and Pineapple Salsa), but I got ground beef and my husband got the breaded cauliflower. We both agreed it was fine, and we appreciated any option that wasn't fried food and french fries.

IMG_5446.JPG

After that, we headed to yet another dessert party. I think the regular dessert party is better than the Halloween dessert party. Nothing at either is bad, it's just sugar overload. The spinach artichoke dip is delicious. I would never recommend the dessert party for the food, but I do love that Plaza Garden viewing.

IMG_7676.JPG

Thanks for bearing with me, these were the most boring two days of our trip food wise, but the next day will be F&W and V&A!

Wow I give you credit for getting through as much as you did at Homecoming haha it is so filling! But so good!

I feel like if you're going to use quick service credits MK is a good spot to eat them since even the sit downs can be pretty meh lol

Wow I give you credit for getting through as much as you did at Homecoming haha it is so filling! But so good!

I feel like if you're going to use quick service credits MK is a good spot to eat them since even the sit downs can be pretty meh lol

I didn't get through that much at Homecomin' - I definitely left some chicken on the plate! My husband cleaned his plate of course.

That's exactly why I saved most of our quick service credits for MK! The food is not great there, so might as well burn those QS credits. I tried to make the math on the DxDP work so many times so we wouldn't have to do so much QS, but with a dinner at V&A's planned we had too many credits left and the math didn't work out. It wasn't too bad though, and I do love BOG lunch!

I didn't get through that much at Homecomin' - I definitely left some chicken on the plate! My husband cleaned his plate of course.

That's exactly why I saved most of our quick service credits for MK! The food is not great there, so might as well burn those QS credits. I tried to make the math on the DxDP work so many times so we wouldn't have to do so much QS, but with a dinner at V&A's planned we had too many credits left and the math didn't work out. It wasn't too bad though, and I do love BOG lunch!

I feel like if you have any meals that aren't dining plan eligible the dxdp doesn't work! Haha that's when I usually love split stays 😂

e said it tasted like a jolly rancher! He was worried about the moonshine being too overwhelming, but it wasn't.

IMG_1799.JPG
This is one of my favorite drinks there. I'm a sucker for anything watermelon and who doesn't need a little moonshine to get dining party started.

The cheddar biscuit was delicious (and the best out of the three Disney cheddar biscuits I ate between here, Ale & Compass, and Cali Grill).
Oh I so love Homecoming biscuits but for me its a toss up between them and California Grill. I think that CG has more cheese in the but these are perfectly fluffy and dense.

My husband ordered the Fried Catfish (Accompanied by hushpuppies, grits, and a side of remoulade), but substituted the grits for the mac and cheese. He thought it was delicious, although the catfish breading leaned a little dry. The macaroni and cheese was the star, very gooey and cheesy.
Glad to hear this was good. I've always wanted to try the catfish there but cannot tear myself away from any semblence of chicken. One of these days I'll have to try it.

How did I miss that they have key lime pie here? One of my favs

After DHS, we went back to the room to rest for a while before heading to Ohana for dinner. This was another new to us restaurant, shockingly.
I always say we've never done Ohana and then I came across a photo of my family there when my brother was in the College program. That was 20+ years ago so I'm guessing at this point its like we've never eaten there.

My husband got the Gourmet Grilled Cheese (Mozzarella, Arugula, Tomato, and Caramelized Onions on Multigrain Bread served with French Fries). He said this was okay, although grilled cheese was a bit of misnomer - it was more of a panini. I can confirm that his quick service fries were much better than the travesty Kona Cafe served me though!
This sounds really good to me. But put arugula on just about anything and I'm sold.

It's basically Long John Silver's" before pausing and going, "Actually, it's worse than Long John Silver's."
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Is Long John Silvers even around anymore? Now there is a place I probably haven't been to in 30 years

Now this I know they aren't serving at Long Johns. Looks delicious. If only all QS could be this elevated.

This is one of my favorite drinks there. I'm a sucker for anything watermelon and who doesn't need a little moonshine to get dining party started.

Oh I so love Homecoming biscuits but for me its a toss up between them and California Grill. I think that CG has more cheese in the but these are perfectly fluffy and dense.

Glad to hear this was good. I've always wanted to try the catfish there but cannot tear myself away from any semblence of chicken. One of these days I'll have to try it.

How did I miss that they have key lime pie here? One of my favs

I always say we've never done Ohana and then I came across a photo of my family there when my brother was in the College program. That was 20+ years ago so I'm guessing at this point its like we've never eaten there.

This sounds really good to me. But put arugula on just about anything and I'm sold.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Is Long John Silvers even around anymore? Now there is a place I probably haven't been to in 30 years

Now this I know they aren't serving at Long Johns. Looks delicious. If only all QS could be this elevated.

My husband doesn't eat meat so you can trust him to try the fish wherever we go! He liked the Homecomin' catfish quite a bit. You MUST try the key lime pie there! It's delicious!

I don't think my husband has eaten Long John Silver's in about 20 years, but he still rates it above Columbia Harbor House! :rotfl2:

Finally back to the good stuff! The next day we headed over to Epcot with plans to eat around the world for lunch.

First stop was the Alps for the Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Baby Potatoes, Cornichons and Baguette. This was my husband's choice and I had a bite. It was basically really good swiss cheese that was gooey and melty. The bread and the potatoes were pretty simple, but served as an excellent vessel for the cheese, so I'm not mad about it.

We then got a Mango Bubble Tea with Assam Black Tea and Milk from China to share. The only place to get bubble tea around us is the mall, so we were excited to get this because I'm not fighting the crowds at the mall just to get bubble tea. It was very good with a strong mango flavor. It also had real boba, as opposed to all the stuff around Disney that claims to have boba but is really just popping pearls.

IMG_7827.JPG

My husband then picked up the Spicy Kenyan Vegan Githeri with White Beans, Pigeon Peas, Curry Rice Pilaf and Kachumbari Slaw from Africa. This was also very good. My husband loves spicy food and is often disappointed that things described as spicy aren't very spicy at all, but this actually had a bit of a kick to it!
IMG_6961.JPG

My next choice was the Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed Bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce. This was my favorite thing at the festival last year, and it didn't disappoint this year either. The bun is nice and soft without being doughy. The sauce is quite sweet though, so it may not be for everyone.

IMG_7956.JPG

While at Japan, my husband got his favorite from the festival last year: the Spicy Roll: Tuna and Salmon Sushi topped with Volcano Sauce. The sauce had a bit of a kick and there was a good amount of fish inside. He says this was delicious and he would get it every year.

IMG_6212.JPG

At Brazil, we got the Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread. This was also pretty good, although it was more cheese and less bread. It was kind of like a chunk of cheese with a thin crust of bread wrapped around it. This isn't a bad thing though! I would probably skip getting it again because it really wasn't anything special.

IMG_8781.JPG

At France I got the Boeuf Braisé à la Bordelaise, Pomme Dauphine: Beef Braised in Cabernet Sauvignon with Red Onions and Puffed Potatoes. This was amazing. The beef was very tender and the sauce was delicious. It was very rich though. The puffed potatoes were pretty good, although I had never had them before and I was a little surprised at the light texture. I would definitely get this again and recommend that you do too!

IMG_0953.JPG

At the Cheese Studio, my husband picked up the Black Pepper Boursin® Soufflé with Fig Marmalade. He wasn't a big fan of this. The souffle was kind of floury and dry, and the black pepper taste wasn't prominent. The fig marmalade was pretty good enough, but it wasn't enough to salvage the souffle.

IMG_0562.JPG

After our trip around the World Showcase, we headed to Ample Hills to use some of our snack credits. I got a scoop each of the Snap, Mallow, Pop! (Marshmallow with Rice Krispie Clusters) and Ooey Gooey Butter Cake (The creamiest Vanilla Ice Cream made with Cream Cheese and gobs of House-made St. Louis-Style Ooey Gooey Butter Cake). I got the ooey gooey butter cake the year previously and it seemed like it had a lot more butter cake pieces in it, so this year was a bit disappointing. The marshmallow flavor of the other scoop was pretty mild, but it was very good. My husband, the lover of weird flavors that he is, got the Sally Sells Seashells (Fresh and Fluffy Orange Marshmallow Ice Cream with House-made Salty Chocolate Seashells). It had a fluffy texture and isn't very sweet, and it is basically circus peanut ice cream. The chocolate is very salty as well, so nothing is very sweet. He says it is very weird but he liked it.

IMG_4007.JPG

Up next, V&As!

The only place to get bubble tea around us is the mall, so we were excited to get this because I'm not fighting the crowds at the mall just to get bubble tea.
Oh my daughter LOVES bubble tea. We're lucky that our town has a large Korean population, so we have a few places where we can get it.

Spicy Kenyan Vegan Githeri with White Beans, Pigeon Peas, Curry Rice Pilaf and Kachumbari Slaw from Africa. This was also very good. My husband loves spicy food and is often disappointed that things described as spicy aren't very spicy at all, but this actually had a bit of a kick to it!
IMG_6961.JPG
Yum! This looks really good. Disney certainly is stepping up their vegetarian game.

Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed Bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce. This was my favorite thing at the festival last year, and it didn't disappoint this year either. The bun is nice and soft without being doughy. The sauce is quite sweet though, so it may not be for everyone.

IMG_7956.JPG
This would so be my favorite too. I'm a total sucker for dumplings, and bao buns, and shumai, basically anything that comes in a dough like vessel with meat inside.

got a scoop each of the Snap, Mallow, Pop! (Marshmallow with Rice Krispie Clusters) and Ooey Gooey Butter Cake (The creamiest Vanilla Ice Cream made with Cream Cheese and gobs of House-made St. Louis-Style Ooey Gooey Butter Cake).
Oh the gooey gooey butter cake is so my favorite and I don't even like ice cream very much. I'm actually headed to St. Louis for work tomorrow and hope to have some of the real ooey gooey butter cake while I'm there.

Oh my daughter LOVES bubble tea. We're lucky that our town has a large Korean population, so we have a few places where we can get it.

Yum! This looks really good. Disney certainly is stepping up their vegetarian game.

This would so be my favorite too. I'm a total sucker for dumplings, and bao buns, and shumai, basically anything that comes in a dough like vessel with meat inside.

Oh the gooey gooey butter cake is so my favorite and I don't even like ice cream very much. I'm actually headed to St. Louis for work tomorrow and hope to have some of the real ooey gooey butter cake while I'm there.

My husband eats fish, so he gets fish often at Disney, but he is pretty impressed with the vegetarian options, plus there's even more now!

Have fun in St. Louis! That's where I'm from and I'm a big ooey gooey butter cake fan!

We ate light at the F&W festival in preparation for our evening at Victoria and Albert's! When we arrived, they asked us if we would like to be seated in the Queen Victoria room (we had reservations in the main dining room). We said of course! The QVR was very nice and secluded. There are only four tables in there, so it's much quieter than the main dining room. I was a bit worried we wouldn't be able to hear the harpist in the QVR, but we were able to hear her loud and clear!

The drink menu is on an iPad. I didn't take pictures of the drink menu so I will have to rely on my husband's descriptions for the drinks he ordered! The drinks are quite expensive, with the cheapest being around $35. I think both of the drinks my husband ordered were around $45 each.

IMG_2944.JPG

This was basically a fancy margarita, with a jelly candy with black salt on it. It was pretty good, not amazing. He liked his second drink much more.

IMG_7155.JPG

I don't really drink, so I ordered a sweet tea. The ice cubes being made of tea were a nice touch. This was probably the best tea I've ever drank in my life.

IMG_1486.JPG

My husband is a pescatarian, so we had different menus. Here are pictures of both our menus.

IMG_2720.JPG

IMG_3978.JPG

Our first course was an Imperial Caviar with Summer Melon Terrine. This was the first time either of us had eaten caviar, and we liked it more than we expected. It wasn't as salty or fishy as I was expecting. The melon and caviar paired very well and worked well together. The melon was very light and crisp.

IMG_5589.JPG

The first bread course was a baguette. It was very fresh and soft. I love bread, so the bread courses were very exciting for me. My husband described it as "the best Costco dinner roll I've ever eaten." That is a compliment! The butter was amazing.

IMG_4968.JPG

The next course was the Black Label Jamón Ibérico, Baby Tomatoes, 100 Year Old Balsamic for me and the New Zealand Langoustines with Summer Baby Tomatoes and 100 Year Old Balsamic for my husband. This was very light and fresh. My Jamón Ibérico was very savory and salty, and was very good. My husband said the Langoustines were basically like eating big chunks of lobster. The colored globes on the dishes were filled with basil and tomato flavored liquid that mixed well with the food. Our uneducated palates just thought the 100 year old balsamic tasted like.... balsamic. This was one of my favorite courses, although I say that about almost all of them.

IMG_0811.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

Continued in next post!

Our next course was the Glacier 51 Tooth Fish and Alaskan King Crab with White Asparagus. Spoiler alert, the asparagus was not white! This was another very good one. The fish was light and buttery, and the sauce was rich and delicious. It came with a bread crisp that was dyed black with squid ink which was very good. This was another great course.

IMG_2474.JPG

My husband's next drink was a blood orange cocktail that was very tart and wasn't too sweet. He loved this one. It came with a candied orange slice that was so good.

IMG_7774.JPG

Here's one of the surprise courses where I failed as a trip reporter. I didn't take a picture! It was a herb and cheese ravioli; mine had a bacon foam and my husband's had a parmesan foam. The flavors were so rich and complex. We both loved this course.

IMG_9586.JPG

Another bread course! This one was a herbed bread. Again, a delicious bread.

IMG_4108.JPG

The next course was the Poussin Ballotine with Chive Gnocchi and Housemade Ricotta for me, and the Loch Duart Salmon with Chive Gnocchi and Artichokes for my husband. I'm starting to run out of ways to say "this was very good"! The chicken was delicious and had a very crisp exterior. The chive gnocchi were very tender. The artichokes were the best artichokes I've ever eaten in my life.

IMG_9376.JPG

IMG_6267.JPG

Here was another trip reporting failure! This was the Kurobuta Pork with Elote and “Salsa Verde” for me and the Maine Scallop with Elote and “Salsa Verde” for my husband. This course didn't fit as well with the others, but it was very good. It came with an ear of baby corn that we ate before taking the picture as well. The pork was very juicy, and the scallop was delicious. The corn was excellent and very fresh. The salsa verde was amazing and had a bit of a kick.

IMG_5832.JPG

IMG_4965.JPG

The main course was the Australian Kobe-Style Beef and Miyazaki Japanese Beef with Black Truffle Pain Perdu and Chanterelles for me and Ahi Tuna, Black Truffle Pain Perdu and Chanterelles for my husband. I got the beef upgrade because I love beef, so I couldn't resist! The Japanese beef was so rich and tender - easily the best beef I've ever eaten. The Australian beef was great as well, but not as good as the Japanese beef. The sauce was a great accompaniment. My husband's ahi tuna was very good and fresh. The chanterelles were very hearty and substantial. Mushrooms are one of my husband's favorites, so he loved this course. The pain perdu was very custardy with a pronounced black truffle flavor. This whole course was amazing!

IMG_9177.JPG

IMG_5559.JPG

Continued in next post!

I forgot to take a picture of the final bread course, but it was a soft bread with a truffle butter. So delicious!

IMG_9977.JPG

I also didn't take a picture of the coffee maker, so here's one from Disney Food Blog. It was very fun to watch the coffeemaker work at the table!

victoria-and-alberts-coffee-pot.jpg

My first dessert course was the Vanilla Gelato with Rainier Cherry Compote and White Chocolate. The cherry flavor in this was so tart and bright. The gelato was creamy and rich.

IMG_1714.JPG

My husband's first dessert course was the Selection of Cheese from the Market, which came with a bunch of accompaniments. The blue cheese was very intense. It was a selection of delicious cheeses and my husband loved it. I didn't take great notes on what the cheeses or accompaniments were, so sorry!

IMG_8181.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

I don't totally remember what this was as it was another surprise course - I think it was something with berries? It was good and I loved the little terrarium presentation.

IMG_0647.JPG

The last dessert course was the Trinitario Chocolate Mousse and Avocado Gelato. The mousse was rich and delicious, and the avocado gelato was surprisingly good!

IMG_5731.JPG

The final dessert course is the selection of chocolates. I got a marzipan and a praline chocolate and really enjoyed them.

IMG_0985.JPG

My husband got the marzipan, the banana, and the cherry cordial. They were all good but the cherry cordial was his favorite. They tell you to eat the cherry cordial in one bite, which is the correct way.

IMG_0939.JPG

Our total bill was around $700 after tax and tip. Overall, it was WORTH IT. We went in planning on this being a one and done, but I definitely want to go back at some point. The whole meal was incredibly delicious and the experience was worth having. The harpist also takes requests - we had her play "Rainbow Connection" which only made the night more magical. I can't recommend going to V&A's enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!