From WDWT to CRO?

Room only....and specify CRO. I believe that will do the trick! Make sure you get a new ressie #- there is a difference between the number of digits- CRO ressies have 12 where WDTC have less (don't know how many exactly)! Hope this helps- Ren

Just to verify, yes! I did it. I called what I thought was CRO, and surprisingly my reservation came from WDWTCo. When I called back and asked they said "We can be either". So I had them switch my ressie over and yes, they did have to give me a new number.

I know that there is a difference in CRO & WDTC, could someone explain what the deposit & cancellation differences are. I'm also wondering if you can get the DC and/or A/P discounts with both of them. For some reason I keep thinking that you can only use the DC discount with the one that has the worst deposit/cancellation policy. Thanks, Sandy

I just called the DC 800 number and the CM told me that they can only book reservations through WDTC ($100 deposit & balance due 45 days b/4 arrival) is this correct? Is there any way of getting the DC discount and also have the 1-night deposit & cancellation 5 days out? :confused: Thanks, Sandy

In a nutshell:

A CRO room only reservation requires a one night's deposit within 14 days. If arrival is less than 30 days out, deposit is required at booking. The balance is due at resort check in. Cancellations up to the 5 day mark will have your deposit refunded in full. Cancellations after the 5 day mark will be charged the one night's deposit as a penalty.

A WDTC package (including the "room only" Basic Package) requires a $200.00 deposit within 10 days of booking. The balance will be due 45 days prior to check in. Cancellation between 6 and 45 days prior to arrival will result in a $100.00 fee. Cancellation 5 days or less will incur a $200.00 fee.

A WDTC Disney Club Package - If you are a Disney Club member, you are required to book through WDTC but DC members are given different terms than the general public. A deposit of $100.00 is required within 10 days of booking. The balance is due 21 days prior to check in. Cancellations made 5 days or less prior to arrival will incur a $100.00 fee.

If you have already made a reservation and don't know who it is with, renessa is correct. CRO reservations will be the large yellow confirmation with a 12 digit reservation number. WDTC reservations will be a small white piece of paper with an 8 digit confirmation number.

Sorry Sandy, but there's no way to apply a DC discount to a reservation (new or existing) without going through WDTC and the $100 deposit scenario.

AP discounts are just the opposite of DC reservations. Only CRO can book the AP rates.

HTH

Wow - HTH - you *did* cover it all...and I'm still left with a question !!!
Hoping someone has an answer...
We're planning a November trip and I'd like to reserve rooms soon.
I'm a DC member and know we can always get their discount, but might
consider buying an AP if those rates are better when they are released.
So...if I book now through WDTC (with my DC) and later find a better deal
with an AP, how would I make the switch?
Also, does the AP already have to be purchased to do this or just purchased by
by time of arrival?

Phew, hope that question makes sense!

Maggie

fantasia1218:

You don't need an AP in hand to make the reservation. You would just call CRO and book the AP discount. Then after the new reservation is made tell them you have a DC reservation that you want to cancel.

But what about the money? I have ressies through WDTC with a DC discount, but am hoping to get a code/ap rate when/if the come out. My DU agent said they couldn't transfer the money I've paid WDTC so far to any new ressies I might make through CRO if codes come out. She said the two were different companies......I think this is strange. WDTC would have to cut me a check & mail it to me, then I'd have to turn around and send another check to CRO...........to me, disney is disney....why all the jerking around?

I just cancelled an AP rate for room only for September and rebooked a room only DC rate for December. I had to cancel the CRO reservation and make a DC WDT reservation. The terms are just as the above poster stated for DC. I have to pay $100 deposit, pay the total by Nov 21st for a Dec 12th arrival. I can cancel up to 5 days prior. Deposit is forfeited if I cancel less than 5 days prior to arrival. CRO is going to credit my cc for the original deposit, and I have to send WTC the $100 by cc or check.
I am then going to wait to see if the AP rate for the All Stars is going to be less than the Disney Club rate I have now which is $69.20 including tax. I had $60.37 for September.

Originally posted by jennymouse
...I think this is strange. WDTC would have to cut me a check & mail it to me, then I'd have to turn around and send another check to CRO...........to me, disney is disney....why all the jerking around?
They are separate companies. That means they cannot co-mingle funds. Everything regarding the bookeeping is 100% separate corporately.

Look at it this way: You wouldn't be able to transfer the deposit you paid WDTC to pay for an advertising buy on ABC, either. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter