From West Coast to East Coast: A PTR from the eyes of a First Timer!

MacMama0930

I've Found My Laughing Place
Hello!

My name is Emily. I am a California native; a wife, a mother, and a newly imagined Disney fanatic.

I won't bore you with the gritty details of how it all came about, but it all started in 2015, our first Halloween Party at Disneyland. We live approximately 4 hours from Disneyland. I honestly figured WDW wasn't really in the cards because how on earth was I going to convince my husband to travel across the United States to attend a Disney park when we live a drive away from one he wasn't even that into Disney to begin with?

Well, after 3 years of Disneyland Halloween parties, and an epic Christmas trip, and a few other visits here and there, I had a work conference opportunity at none other than the WDW resort. I mulled over the idea for a while and began doing my research on WDW (oh and the conference! Ha!) and decided I should go for it. My family will be staying behind and I will be going with my mom, who happens to be turning 60 on the trip. This trip is my "toe dip" into the WDW pond.

And because I am so impulsive by nature and because I was awed by all that WDW has to offer, I booked a family trip for Halloween 2018 at WDW! The husband, you ask, how did I convince him? Well, I caught him on a high after he finally saved enough money and bought himself a '67 Chevelle, that he just said "ok, sure". Give me an inch, I take a mile...at least with Disney!

So, this PTR will consist of two trips, I suppose. The first one, while I'm sure will be a hoot, will be a lot about work (boo whoo). But I will. make sure my mom has a good time. The second trip will be ALL ABOUT FUN! Here's the run down:

TRIP NUMBER ONE:
April 8-11
Coronado Springs Resort
Me & My Mama
Sunday: Arrival, Fireworks Dessert Party in MK
Monday: Ultimate Night of Adventures Tour in AK
Tuesday: Hollywood Studios
Wed: Explore Flowers & Garden in Epcot & Departure

TRIP NUMBER TWO:
October 13-20
My, Hubby, 10 year old son, 7 year old daughter
Polynesian Village Resort, Theme Park View Club Level
Halloween Party on October 16
Return to Sleepy Hallow on October 18 (I hope so)

Follow along to see how I manage the big world of Disney!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!