Frozen and Mickey's Magical Map permanently closed??

Drew Perri

Mouseketeer
If this news really broke 4 hours ago and is real I feel like all the big sites including our forums here would know. I also assume freshbaked would have posted something. I know the layoffs have been terrible for these poor C.Ms. I hope this isn't the case although it would make sense.

Update: The performers who played Anna and Elsa have confirmed on their personal Instagram.....

:(

https://blogmickey.com/2020/10/froz...-reportedly-closed-permanently-at-disneyland/

im so sad the frozen show was always the highlight of my trip i always so it at least twice, I hope when entertainment does come back they bring both shows back

As a live entertainment worker in California I keep my finger on the pulse. It just makes sense to lay off everyone involved in shows. Crews included.

When the CA government allows theme parks to open it's pretty clear shows will not be part of that opening. I'm sure once shows are allowed Disney will bring them back.

As a live entertainment worker in California I keep my finger on the pulse. It just makes sense to lay off everyone involved in shows. Crews included.

When the CA government allows theme parks to open it's pretty clear shows will not be part of that opening. I'm sure once shows are allowed Disney will bring them back.
I sure hope so i wish they didnt say they were permantently closing, but would be coming back at a later time

I suspect that it will be at the end of 2021 before the CA government believes it's safe enough to allow shows. I think it's just easier to close the shows now, lay off everyone and then make a decision in nine or ten months. They may reopen the theaters will new shows. But I hold on to the hope that shows in those theaters will return.

Its too bad to end these shows this way, what did aladdin run for 13 years? I would like to see Frozen come back at least they would still have all thes ets and everything

The Frozen show was boring (I LOVE the frozen movies). Aladdin was far superior and always a must see though. As far as Mickeys Magical Map, that was a wonderful show and I'd always watch it while eating a baked potato. That will be missed!

It isn't easy to accept the last time we all saw these shows in person will likely be the last. I feel for the cast/crew of those shows and all those who are part of DLR entertainment.

My son (not a performer) works in the entertainment industry. It's just a terrible time for any live performers or venues. Not just because of Covid restrictions, but also because live entertainment is one of the first things people cut out when tightening their belts.

Prayers & good thoughts for all the performers and crew.

Yeah, live entertainment like those shows will be one of the last things to return. The theatre I worked for laid off nearly the entire company (only a couple people are left to keep the ghost light on) including myself (I really miss my career :sad:). I know many groups are hoping to be back May/June, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll consider myself very lucky if I get to costume the annual Nutcracker show I work on for a ballet school at the end of next year. But I have little hope for the summer season at the theatre I worked for.

I am hopeful these shows will get remounted, though. There will still be a cost to do so, but the cost is less than mounting a whole new one.

Yeah, live entertainment like those shows will be one of the last things to return. The theatre I worked for laid off nearly the entire company (only a couple people are left to keep the ghost light on) including myself (I really miss my career :sad:). I know many groups are hoping to be back May/June, but I'm not holding my breath.

I was talking with a former Broadway stage manager today and he said he's thinking maybe September for live theatre to be back up and running. That jives with some information I got from someone else, who works for one of the labs working on the vaccine - he told us today that he anticipates a vaccine in Feb, with widespread availability by May.

I agree that bringing existing shows back is smarter than new shows - it will be way cheaper, in many ways. What I can see happening is a delay in that while they overcome financial issues. The shows like this would be an easy way to cut costs.

I saw one of the last shows in march we saw a tuesday show, they had a special event no show on wed, I wanted to see the show on thursday but it was raining too hard, > they closed the nxt day. The show was great as always and Elsa on teh staircase was awesome as always. I stll am so sad

If this news really broke 4 hours ago and is real I feel like all the big sites including our forums here would know. I also assume freshbaked would have posted something...
The story was reported by Inside the Magic early this morning. That article was posted on IG by GR, but I couldn't link it here because of the profanity in the comments. Thank you for posting the BlogMIckey article.

Here is the ITM article:
https://insidethemagic.net/2020/10/disneyland-shows-closing-ba1/
@Drew Perri : It's good to see you back here -- hope that you are doing well.

Bummer, but it is to be expected. My brother owns a stage management company and hasn't had any work at all since March. There are no prospects for the immediate future.

My daughter has a friend in the Mickey and Magical Map show. As far as I know, the performers all have numerous jobs and Disney is only a small portion of their overall workload. Not saying that it makes it easier on them to know the show is cancelled but hopefully they have other things going on.

I was talking with a former Broadway stage manager today and he said he's thinking maybe September for live theatre to be back up and running.

Broadway theaters just announced they are remaining closed through May 30th.

While I do not think it is the end of the line for at least Frozen considering their investment into it will likely be quite a while even after park re-opeing where audience gathering live shows will make a return so the "closing" makes sense.

what i loved about mickey and the magical map is that u could see so many princesses, stich and king louie in a 30 minute show

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter