Frozen but full - Thanksgiving week at Disney -LAST TWO DAYS ADDED

Enjoying your reviews - I personally don't like buffets and have never tried BOMA, but I think I'm definitely going to try JIKO next time!

Thanks so much for sharing! We'll be there in Janauary and plan to dine at several places you've mentioned. You've done an awesome job with your reviews. Am on Weight Watcher's now so maybe I can offset a bit of the weight I'm sure I'll gain while there.

Thanks again. Really enjoyed your reviews.

Myrtle

Great reviews. :) Your DD at O'Hana reminds me of my little sister when she was that age.

Thanks for your reviews! Loving them so far! Glad to hear you still gave Ohana's an A+! (since the menu change). We'll be there on Jan 21st!

We're also going to be in the BC! Don't you love it!

Since you said you didn't have another report, I have a resort question also. Your DH & daughter did swim? Was the water warm enough? Just wondering, I won't be getting in if it's below 70 degrees outside! But we'll have a 4yo, B-I-L, & S-I-L along with us. If the water's warm, I'm sure they'll try it!

I did get in the pool. It warmed up significantly by Friday, in the 70s so I took the girls swimming. I usually have to be hot, like 90 degree weather hot, in order to swim but the pool at BC is heated and it was like getting into the bathtub.

I forgot to mention that husband and I had raspberry pina coladas at O'hana's that were yummy.

11-23 Thanksgiving

Today we went to Downtown Disney and ate lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express. Husband had the warm BBQ sandwich which I had half of- we both thought it was great. It had BBQ chicken which was kind of sweet, tomatoes provolone cheese and red onion. I also had my favorite soup, butternut squash with a roasted red pepper swirl on top- pretty good. DD-5 had pizza which daddy helped finish and though was excellent. DD-9 had cesear salad. We had cookies for dessert which were very large and there was a large selection to choose from. You order you food and get your own drink but the food is delivered to your table on china which I thought was rather nice.

Overall grade: A

Our much anticipated dinner was at Artist's Point. To start I had the butternut squash soup which also was good but not as good as the bowl I had eariler at Wolfgang Puck's (I love butternut squash soup and usually get it every time I see it on a menu). For our entree' my husband and I both had the smoked turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, and cranberry studded stuffing. My husband missed having cranberry sauce but both of thought everything was delicious. DD-9 had the signature salmon as it her all time favorite food and she enjoyed it. I believe DD-5 had Mickey pasta as she was obsessed with it since Flying Fish but ended up eating a good portion of my turkey as well. For dessert my husband had the pumpkin tart which was more like a pumpkin cheesecake. He did not like it at all- in fact didn't eat more than two-three bites which is really unusual for him with desserts. I had the berry crumble with black raspberry ice cream. The small scoop of ice cream was wonderful but the crumble was incredibily dry. I ate the berries around it and the ice cream only. The service we had was bad. Being only a table of 4 we were often ignored by our waitress who seemed to have many larger parties around us. We sat forever with our empty dinner plates. She brought us coffee in the press which was made incorrectly and had grounds floating in it. We had to track someone else down to get a new pot who then scolded us for preparing the first press incorrectly when we hadn't operated it at all. Our waitress also completely forgot my husband's dessert wine when she did bring it out just before the check my husband declined it. She was nice enough to offer it with no charge.

Overall grade: B

Dumbotink'smom, I was at O'Hana's the same night you were. ADRs were for 8:15pm we were there for the Limbo. My son was sleeping so he didn't participate in the Limbo but my friend's daugter did and I was up there taking pics. I probably have pics of your daughter too. I don't remember anyone child in particular because I was too busy laughing at friend's daughter. It was our first time at Disney World and O'Hana's will be on our ADRs for all future trips.

11-24 Today we ate breakfast at CRT. My girls had their hair, nails and make-up done at the Bibbdi Bobbdi Boutique on Thursday and wore their Sleeping Beauty (DD-5) and Mulan (DD-9) costumes. BTW the boutique was a really fun experience especially for DD-5 who kept looking at herself in every mirror she hapened upon and showed her fingernails off to anyone and everyone. DD-9 enjoyed the pampering and liked the long diva curls she got but she felt a little silly and a little too old for walking around with her hair all done up and a costume. In the lobby we had a photo with Cinderella in which DD-5 is beaming ear to ear. We were announced (by the poor woman who really needs a microphone as her voice was really strained) for breakfast while waiting for our picture so right after we were able to go upstairs and get seated. We had juice, coffee, a basket of pastries and a bowl of fruit before our hot plates came out. I am allergic to eggs so instead of scrambled eggs I got two helpings of potatoes. They were a little undercooked and the potatoes were kind of hard but everything else was OK. Snow White, Jasmine, the Fairy Godmother and Belle were there. We saw everyone once and Snow White came over twice. DD-5 loved the wishing ceremony where the children wish on the magic wishing star they are given and wave their wands over it. They close their eyes and when they open them the lights above twinkle. Overall it was a nice relaxing almost peaceful breakfast considering it is a character meal. I have never been to the castle and I am glad we did it but I don't think it is something we will need to do a return trip.

Overall grade: B

Lunch for my husband and kids was at Hurrican Hannah's by Storm A Long bay. The food was pretty good by the wait in line took forever.

That night we went to MK to see the parade and wishes. We sat at on outside table at Casey's all night. The hot dogs were pretty good.

11-25 Our last day. We had breakfast at Cape May Cafe. Good service. We all enjoyed the buffet,everything was kept well stocked. In addition to the main buffet there was also a yogurt station to make your own parfait but it was not easy to find. I had a parfait from the Marketplace earlier in the week and I was not crazy about the yogurt. I think it was b/c it was plain yogurt. I think I would have preferred vanilla. Minnie, Goofy and Chip and/or Dale were at breakfast.

Before heading to the airport around 2:00, we visited the World Showcase. It was about 1:00 when we hit the American pavillion and we got the girls a chicken casear salad fro DD-9 and chicken tenders for DD-5 while husband waited in line for a Turkey Leg from a vendor parked nearby. The girls liked everything including the giant Mickey Mouse rice cereal treat with ears dipped in chocolate. Husband waited forever for his turkey leg which was awful. He and I ended up getting pizza at the airport while waiting for the plane.

We had omitted O'hana due to recent menu changes but now I am wondering if we should go anyhow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter