Frozen dessert party am I dreaming if I think something will open up for a month from n ow?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
Its just my sister and I going and until like 2 hours ago we never considered any dessert parties and then all the sudden she started talking to me about them and we decided the Frozen one is probably the most worthwhile for us.
Now we want to book it for 12/10 and of course its booked up.
Any chance I'll get lucky or is that not likely?
I know and have experienced for regular ADR's all you gotta do is stalk since people drop and switch around times especially closer to the trip but what about dessert parties?

I have 3 spots for 12/10 and am continuously checking for 12/12 because it works with our plans better!! If I'm able to switch I will let you know!!

Thanks!
We are only there 12/7-12/11 arriving late on the 7th and we are going to MVMCP on the 9th so the 10th is our only option.
Wish we had considered this 6 months ago lol.
We figure since Illuminations is ending next year this would be as good of a time as any to do the dessert party.

Thanks!
We are only there 12/7-12/11 arriving late on the 7th and we are going to MVMCP on the 9th so the 10th is our only option.
Wish we had considered this 6 months ago lol.
We figure since Illuminations is ending next year this would be as good of a time as any to do the dessert party.

We are doing EMM @ HS on the 10th.. so I dont think we will last thru the night at Epcot .. then we have MVMCP the 11th.. so the 12th would be SO much better for us.

We are doing EMM @ HS on the 10th.. so I dont think we will last thru the night at Epcot .. then we have MVMCP the 11th.. so the 12th would be SO much better for us.

We considered EMM at HS prior to going to TSL a couple months ago.
We decided it wouldn't be worth the money since we easily went on SDD AS2 and TSM in about 30 minutes at RD.

Your chances might get less as you get closer. I believe the dessert party cancellation policy is one day ahead so very possible that people leading up to their trip or even a few days prior could decide to cancel for some reason or another. But keep checking you never know.

i just now decided to try frozen dessert party .
(please tell me I made a great decision,, if its cold & rainy I wont be a happy camper)
for giggles I checked the reservation system. there was an opening dec 2nd.
no other dates, so I booked, when i checked again no more openings for that date. huh.
guess I got lucky?
i would say keep looking.
I am going to cancel a booking i had for whispering canyon for that day,

i just now decided to try frozen dessert party .
(please tell me I made a great decision,, if its cold & rainy I wont be a happy camper)
for giggles I checked the reservation system. there was an opening dec 2nd.
no other dates, so I booked, when i checked again no more openings for that date. huh.
guess I got lucky?
i would say keep looking.
I am going to cancel a booking i had for whispering canyon for that day,

I've been checking all dates between now and late December just to see if I can get anythin g to pop up and nothing so you were definitely lucky to snag it.
December weather is generally nice. Not too likely to rain and even if it does they would just move the desserts inside and unless its really bad the show still goes on.
BTW if you're cancelling something you may want to post it in the December cancellation thread.
Based on your luck I'll continue to try for my date :)

I've been checking all dates between now and late December just to see if I can get anythin g to pop up and nothing so you were definitely lucky to snag it.
December weather is generally nice. Not too likely to rain and even if it does they would just move the desserts inside and unless its really bad the show still goes on.
BTW if you're cancelling something you may want to post it in the December cancellation thread.
Based on your luck I'll continue to try for my date :)

while i was considering it was over an hour before i booked it. I guess you never know when something pops up-.if for whatever we have to cancel the party I will let you know, but its only for 2.
I remember over a dozen years ago, in dec it was 80 the week before christmas & christmas eve it was under 40. felt sorry for those who were not prepared for that cold, at least we had out northern wear. (for years we have usually been there in feb)
i usually look over at the cancellation board to add stuff, I just chek to see if it is even needed , by seeing if ressies are avail.

while i was considering it was over an hour before i booked it. I guess you never know when something pops up-.if for whatever we have to cancel the party I will let you know, but its only for 2.
I remember over a dozen years ago, in dec it was 80 the week before christmas & christmas eve it was under 40. felt sorry for those who were not prepared for that cold, at least we had out northern wear. (for years we have usually been there in feb)
i usually look over at the cancellation board to add stuff, I just chek to see if it is even needed , by seeing if ressies are avail.
I'm not looking for the 2nd I'm looking for the 10th but thanks. I am only looking for a party of 2 myself.

I'm not looking for the 2nd I'm looking for the 10th but thanks. I am only looking for a party of 2 myself.

right after i posted my last, i checked again & there was avail on nov 19th. ( but could not get on disboards again to mention that)
maybe you can check the day before each date there is a party , to see if there is a trend for people to cancel.
I can see people not cancelling a $10 loss in a fee, but I am sure they wont want to lose the big $$ for this one.

This is my favorite dessert party. Great desserts, but also good savory items. I am more of a savory gal, so I was very happy with the selection.

There is also a great bar and seats!! I want a seat and table.

I had a great table/seat, right by the bar. I was a very happy camper.

The Frozen ride afterwards was great. I normally get a Soarin FP+, so it was really nice to ride Frozen after EPCOT closed.

right after i posted my last, i checked again & there was avail on nov 19th. ( but could not get on disboards again to mention that)
maybe you can check the day before each date there is a party , to see if there is a trend for people to cancel.
I can see people not cancelling a $10 loss in a fee, but I am sure they wont want to lose the big $$ for this one.

Yeah I did see the 19th open up and the 2nd also had more openings.
Now if only I can get the 10th!
I have more hope now.

Ugh I just realized that it is shared tables at
the party and I read that your table location is based on how far in advance you booked and where they can fit you in at a table.
Sharing tables is kinda weird and we likely wont get a great spot.
If we can get in we will still go but now I gave low expectations for the experience.

Ugh I just realized that it is shared tables at
the party and I read that your table location is based on how far in advance you booked and where they can fit you in at a table.
Sharing tables is kinda weird and we likely wont get a great spot.
If we can get in we will still go but now I gave low expectations for the experience.

yep I know how you feel, but think on it, that you are with people who have the same love of disney, & when watching the display you are focused on that. much better than being crammed in shoulder to shoulder standing or squished with no personal space in street crowds at MK, or stuffed in at the stadiums for fantasmic.
germany has communal tables,, & sometimes we have sat at other tables with mystery people when no where else to sit. we have also been on many cruises, kinda get used to sitting at large tables with unknowns.
hey it might be a great experience. no one forces you to talk. just look on the bright side of it.
before a few days ago I was dead set never to fork out the $$ for this kind of thing.
slowly reading myriads of posts I was mostly convinced & finding a RARE opening, figure it was meant to be.
I hope to have fun, you should also try to!
(although wish my son in law was with us that night he is extremely outgoing, could get a brick wall to interact , us not so much,so it still may be wallflowers for me.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter