Frustrated after 1 1/2 hours on the phone and still no tickets on my reservation package

blossombrd

Mouseketeer
I just got off the phone with a new CM who couldn't add tickets to my package. She finally said that it was because the promotion in which I booked the reservation is over and there is no availability. What?? She said I would have to purchase the tickets separately and pay for them now. Does this sound right? I wanted to add the tickets to my resort package and was assured when I made the reservation that I could add tickets at any time. When I called last week to get a price on tickets with my room I specifically asked what is the latest date that I can add tickets or dining to my reservation, and the CM told me that I could add either one up until the day before arrival. Now I only have 2 days until my 60-day mark to get FPs and I want them added to my package. Very frustrating!

I just got off the phone with a new CM who couldn't add tickets to my package. She finally said that it was because the promotion in which I booked the reservation is over and there is no availability. What?? She said I would have to purchase the tickets separately and pay for them now. Does this sound right? I wanted to add the tickets to my resort package and was assured when I made the reservation that I could add tickets at any time. When I called last week to get a price on tickets with my room I specifically asked what is the latest date that I can add tickets or dining to my reservation, and the CM told me that I could add either one up until the day before arrival. Now I only have 2 days until my 60-day mark to get FPs and I want them added to my package. Very frustrating!

So you currently have a resort reservation and a dining plan booked?

I have a split stay, 8 nights total. The first reservation is 3 nights, the second is 5 nights. I called back and talked to guest relations and asked for a supervisor in guest relations and now I find out that I can't buy a three-day ticket and use it over an 8 day period. They suggested that I buy a two-day ticket on my first reservation and a one-day ticket on my second reservation. I do not have dining on my reservation because I don't think I would get financial benefit by having dining. Why did I even bother booking a package instead of a room only......if I would have only known the problem this would be.

On top of all of this, to add fuel to the fire, I have a 3-day park hopper at home that I intended on using but it is from 2001 and I can't link it to MDX. So I decided to buy a 3-day ticket (we plan to go to the parks a total of 4 days) and add it to my reservation and then after I get to WDW I will get my 2001 ticket converted and use one day of that ticket. What a mess!

I have a split stay, 8 nights total. The first reservation is 3 nights, the second is 5 nights. I called back and talked to guest relations and asked for a supervisor in guest relations and now I find out that I can't buy a three-day ticket and use it over an 8 day period. They suggested that I buy a two-day ticket on my first reservation and a one-day ticket on my second reservation. I do not have dining on my reservation because I don't think I would get financial benefit by having dining. Why did I even bother booking a package instead of a room only......if I would have only known the problem this would be.

On top of all of this, to add fuel to the fire, I have a 3-day park hopper at home that I intended on using but it is from 2001 and I can't link it to MDX. So I decided to buy a 3-day ticket (we plan to go to the parks a total of 4 days) and add it to my reservation and then after I get to WDW I will get my 2001 ticket converted and use one day of that ticket. What a mess!

It sounds like they booked you a Basic Package instead of a room only. The Basic Package has some weird rules. If possible, I would try to cancel and book room only. Then you can add the tickets you want.

Are you sure you booked a basic package and not a room-only? Is your old 3-day park hopper a non-expire ticket? IMHO, I would just buy the 3-day ticket you need separately and link it to your MDE account. You can pick a start date for your ticket (can be any day, not just the day you check-in) and then it's good for 5 days (starting with the day you pick). If you tell us your dates and which days you intend to go to the parks, we can probably help you figure this out. No need to talk to phone CMs for hours on end, ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!