Ftm at water parks

Adge

Earning My Ears
Hello both my brother in law and I are ftm transgender (female to male) we both have had our top surgery. But we have visible scars across our chests. Nether of us have been shirtless in public before. And we are unsure how people would react with us at the water parks and pools if we walked around shirtless.

First, congratulations to both of you for having the courage (is that the right word?) to make a significant change like this. I wish you the best going forward.

I've never seen the chest of anybody who has had this surgery but I'd guess that most people would never even realize what any scars are caused by or the reason for it. If they do know enough to make the connection, then they are probably not going to say anything negative about it. Of course, you never know.

I'll just add that lots of guys wear t-shirts at the water parks/pools at WDW if you feel the need for concealment.

First, congratulations to both of you for having the courage (is that the right word?) to make a significant change like this. I wish you the best going forward.

I've never seen the chest of anybody who has had this surgery but I'd guess that most people would never even realize what any scars are caused by or the reason for it. If they do know enough to make the connection, then they are probably not going to say anything negative about it. Of course, you never know.

I'll just add that lots of guys wear t-shirts at the water parks/pools at WDW if you feel the need for concealment.

That is good to know was unsure if you were allowed tshirt. I guess depending on how comfortable I feel I could just were a tank or something. Thank you :)

I'll admit I've been to the water parks and can't remember in detail what a single other guest looks like. I'm so focused on fun that even when sun bathing I don't look for other guests to think about.

Another option if you decide you aren't comfortable is a rash gard. They do better when wet and don't usually cause chaffing like cotton

Last edited:
Tons of people have scars for different reasons I would not give it another thought. But I would recommend a rash guard because of the florida sun.

I'll admit I've been to the water parks and csn't remember in detail what a single other guest looks like. I'm so focused on fun that even when sun bathingI don't look for other guests to think about.

Another option if you decide you aren't comfortable is a rash gard. They do better when wet and don't usually cause chaffing like cotton

I've tried finding some where I live and it's so hard to find ones that aren't crazy expensive. Wish the Disney store sold adult sized rash guards that they have for kids

I've tried finding some where I live and it's so hard to find ones that aren't crazy expensive. Wish the Disney store sold adult sized rash guards that they have for kids

I use to get mine a Wal-Mart and Target for 20 or less. They just look like normal t-shirts.

Sadly the walmarts here in canada or at least the ones near me never have any
I'm in Canada and was just looking for a rashguard for my ridiculously pale and sunburn prone skin. They have them online at Land's End (just make sure that you are on the Canadian site), and I saw them online at Quicksilver. They were expensive but some were under $40 with a sale they have right now. Good Luck :)

No problem post top surgery at Disney but don't forget high spf sunscreen on the scars. I usually wear lightweight compression tanks training tanks from Walmart or target. They are around $10 and easy to pickup. Amazon is also excellent source for rash guards.

I wear a Tshirt all the time. If your worried thats what I would do. Wouldnt bother me anyway. It is your chest do what you want to do. Good Luck!

There's all sorts of reasons guys have chest scars. Of all the times I've been to water parks, beaches, etc. I've been far more worried about my own body than to remember what anyone else's looked like. I think the only inquisitiveness you might get is from little kids, and parents usually hush them up.

Also totally usual to see people of both genders wearing shirts/rashguards at Disney water because of the sun. Do whatever makes you comfortable, plan to do either so you have what you need (a shirt and sunscreen).

I will chime in here and say Congratulations and awesome for you guys! :rainbow:

Like others have mentioned, try to get yourselves as comfortable as you want. T-shirt, tank top or bare chested is all up to how you feel. :jester:

I've seen plenty of people with different scars on their bodies. And I salute these people who aren't going to hide because any kind of mark of surgery. Be it the appendix, gender correction, removal of breast tissue (cancer) or even bigger scars from open heart surgery. All should feel comfortable in their bodies. Not all do, of course, but I am admired by those who do! :thumbsup2

Congratulations on being so brave! I cannot see you having any issues with anybody in the parks if you have no top on what so ever but do what makes YOU feel comfortable! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!