Fuel Prices Where We Live

As we get into heating season, I suspect diesel will rise soon. Though hopefully not by much.
I was just telling DW this. The colder the NE gets, the higher diesel prices go. DW asked why and I said "home heating oil" is diesel.

Our Sam's Club had diesel for $1.88. That is amazingly low for Illinois and our above average fuel tax.

j

TN
gas = $1.55
diesel = $1.74
Thank You Covid, climate change and fracking!

Not meaning to stir up anything political, but I just had a lengthy conversation with a friend about the economy (Disney stock Up 13% yesterday after the vaccine announcement. Netflix down 10%) and gas prices came up. Simple supply and demand on this one, but I'll take it. Less people driving (and less global manufacturing) due to Covid, warmer winters (home heating oil IS diesel fuel) and the ability to get to the massive oil reserves in the US due to fracking.

I know all of these can be heavily debated items and that isn't the intent. I'm just thankful that it makes the travel expense of towing 1000 miles to the Fort a little more cost effective.

j

Indeed @Teamubr! I have done the trip to FW when diesel was close to 4 a gallon, it would take two swipes at the pumps and that was with 150 limits on the pumps (before some of the current PFJ/GSC or TSD discount programs.). The oil wars between russia and the middle east helped this some as well.

Haymarket, VA is part of NoVA which they always charge more just because. There is no big tax difference, even Warrenton charges NoVA prices, but go 2-3 miles south (same county) prices drop fast.

Gas is hovering at 2.199 because we can price, 10 miles south of here is 1.91.
Diesel is still 2.499 because they can, if I go 10 miles south its 2.159.

Still seeing local prices around 2.199, as low as 2.119 at a new station for gas, South of me is 1.919 for Gas.

Diesel is still 2.499 locally and 2.159 at the location to the south.

PA
gas is $2.65 a gallon
diesel is $3.05 a gallon
at my little mom and pop gas station I am sure both are higher over by Interstate 81.

Prices today

Diesel - 2.599 locally, 2.399 down south of Warrenton (10 miles), TSD RV Card in Ashville, VA 2.186 (sadly this is 90 miles away.)

Gas - 2.399 locally, 2.159 south of Warrenton

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!