FuelRod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything I find on Amazon is the Anker, not the FuelRod. I do see the FuelRod on eBay often. One even lists it as "Disney Cell Phone Charger". It's $1 less than the official website and free shipping so a total saving of $6.05. Doesn't seem to come with any connectors.

Last edited:
Has anyone ordered one directly from Fuel Rod? If so, how long did it take to receive it? The website doesn't appear to have shipping time listed on the order form, and the FAQs do not state it.

As PP mentioned, some airports sell them and it's cheaper than buying in the parks. If I were planning to buy when i got to Disney and I were flying, I would check the airport and buy there if the airport had them.

I got one at the philadelphia airport, $20 with cords. If it's not a substantial savings, I would buy one there. I would not want to take the chance that the ebay version is incorrect and then you don't get one back when you go to swap it out. It was such an asset to have in the parks and at the resort, it could charge one phone all the way and then a second part of the way, but we would always just swap whenever we went past a kiosk. Once you know where they are it was no trouble at all. My daughter would usually run ahead and meet us when we walked by. I keep it in my purse now and use it when I need to. I wish they had kiosks in more everyday places like malls or museums. The closest one to me, not in the airport is a hotel that I am never near. Still a much more worthwhile investment than the ones I bought at five below.

Has anyone ordered one directly from Fuel Rod? If so, how long did it take to receive it? The website doesn't appear to have shipping time listed on the order form, and the FAQs do not state it.
I bought mine directly from the Fuel Rod website. As stated, it was $20 + $5 shipping, and took a little less than a week to arrive. It comes with the rod, a cord with microUSB to USB, a lightning adapter for Apple, and an ipod adapter. IMHO, buying direct from them seems to be a better bet than one from ebay.

Anyone flying out of IAH in Houston, there are a Kiosk in each Terminal. Working at the airport, I have seriously thought about buying one , and just walking into the terminal when mine dies.

There’s a kiosk in the A concourse (Southwest gates) sort of across from Starbucks - maybe even before you get to Starbucks. I flew out two weeks ago and it was still in the same spot.

ETA: I just remembered that I had issues with that kiosk when I bought mine and ended up finding another kiosk further down - maybe past Donatos.

Also to add in, if anyone has issues at a machine whether it doesn't dispense a fuelrod or there's some type of issue, call the number on the machine.

Multiple people on this forum have reported that they had an issue, called the number, and a fuelrod representative was able to pinpoint the location they were at and make the machine automatically dispense a new fuelrod, or take care of another issue they might have had

Also to add in, if anyone has issues at a machine whether it doesn't dispense a fuelrod or there's some type of issue, call the number on the machine.

Multiple people on this forum have reported that they had an issue, called the number, and a fuelrod representative was able to pinpoint the location they were at and make the machine automatically dispense a new fuelrod, or take care of another issue they might have had

Definitely this. We had a problem with one of ours at an AK location - it honestly amazed me that the person on the other end of the phone made the machine spit one out at me! It was pretty quick to get a live person and have the issue resolved.

Definitely this. We had a problem with one of ours at an AK location - it honestly amazed me that the person on the other end of the phone made the machine spit one out at me! It was pretty quick to get a live person and have the issue resolved.

Great points. I was initially skeptical of the cost (compared to similar cheaper ones I own from Anker), but I guess you're not just paying for the hardware but the entire service, convenience, and support behind the charger.

Thanks everyone. I had not realized I could buy directly from FuleRod. According to their website, they do not have any kiosks at our local airport (seattle).

I apologize for the dumb question, but if you purchase a fuel rod from a kiosk at WDW, does it come with a cord or adapter? Or, is it just the charger and we would need to bring our own iPhone cords?

It comes with a cord to connect to your phone. If you choose to charge the FuelRod you will need to bring a wall plug.

Again...my apologies for my fuel rod ignorance. :) Do you specify what type of phone you have (android vs iPhone) when purchasing at the WDW fuel rod kiosk?

133E7A53-CD84-4AE1-A594-42C0DF97B15B.jpeg These are the connectors that came with mine a few months ago. Bought at CMH.

I love it. If I have used it at all, I switch it whenever I see a kiosk. Works fine for me!

FWIW, before our last trip, I was in line at Wal Mart and saw a generic 4400 mah battery pack with connectors for $8.88 plus tax. I bought one and used it in the parks last week to power our Go Pro. Not only was it very light weight, but had almost double the capacity of a Fuel Rod and substantially cheaper.

With Fuel Rods, you're really paying for the convenience of being able to swap out a used Fuel Rod for a new one that is supposedly fully charged. I say supposedly because all batteries will self discharge over time (LiOn batteries about 5% in the first 24 hours after charge.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!