Full Epic Universe Land Layout with STAR TREK

Universal would be smart to mine their treasure trove. A true classic never goes out of style

IMO a great amusement park needs to have a sentimental hook in addition to all the newest bells & whistles. Even a small presence does the trick. Nintendo will help To some degree

U has lots of in-house options as to theming, including the classic monsters. Perhaps they should call upon the doctor for advice

View attachment 425499
If only! I'd have to move there.

Why would your imagination be so limited when it comes to Star Trek? The possibilities would be endless. I'd personally prefer it to LOTR.

They could do a ton of great indoor theme possibilities but any outdoor Trek land would be harder to do than SWGE.

There is no prominent outdoor art style of Trek. Its all different and nothing is really iconic outside of the Federation HQ or Klingon home world from the movies or TNG.

Any other random planet they would make it set in and I think it wouldn't feel like ST. For example Univ could make a world as fantastic as Pandora but that doesn't really feel like Trek with some Trek attractions.

Anyways if LoTR is not an option then I hope they keep all options open. Who knows maybe Bill and Ted part III will hit it big and this will give us a totally excellent hall of presidents type attraction on top of a phone booth motion coaster like a more advanced Gringotts.

Holy crap this took some digging to find again. But many many years ago there was plans for Star Trek themed land in the Paramount Park that was supposed to open in Spain but eventually got cancelled. Wonder if any of that could come back here or if its completely out of the question since it was intended for a Paramount park not Universal: https://trekmovie.com/2012/06/02/gr...in-new-imagesvideos-of-star-trek-attractions/

Probably won’t see any of that in Universal’s I’m guessing but its still kind of interesting to see what they were originally thinking for Star Trek in theme parks.

Holy crap this took some digging to find again. But many many years ago there was plans for Star Trek themed land in the Paramount Park that was supposed to open in Spain but eventually got cancelled. Wonder if any of that could come back here or if its completely out of the question since it was intended for a Paramount park not Universal: https://trekmovie.com/2012/06/02/gr...in-new-imagesvideos-of-star-trek-attractions/

Probably won’t see any of that in Universal’s I’m guessing but its still kind of interesting to see what they were originally thinking for Star Trek in theme parks.

My personal opinion them taking their exact ideas I do not believe would happen, however in terms of if it having the ability to happen, that is a yes, it is highly unlikely, but can technically happen, as Dueling Dragons / Lost Continent / Merlin Land was stemmed from the ideas of Imagineers that worked with Disney and was going to use these concepts for AK before it got scrapped due to budget cuts and magically ended up going to Universal.

However, that was able to happen since those teams essentially became one due to those individuals I would imagine were more than likely laid off and both teams (regardless of whether some of Universal's team were made of former Imagineers, or not) were also more than likely based in similar locations due to the fact that both parks are located in Orlando, so it would be easier to cross paths / get those ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!