Full Epic Universe Land Layout with STAR TREK

RJMC

Mouseketeer
Just a picture collating all of the rumours and speculation onto one layout map.
  • The unique park will be the first to have the entire central hub area FREE TO ENTER - like a City Walk / Disney Springs space.
  • You will only need a ticket to go from the hub through any one of the Epic Universe portals into a Land
  • Lands are rumoured to be - NINTENDO / POKEMON / CLASSIC MONSTERS / FANTASTIC BEASTS / STAR TREK / HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON.

As said...Rumor. Lot's of wild imaginings out there (some based on more fact than others). Millions of assumptions out there, most of which are not right.

But I will say, if the center hub area is free it will make things very miserable. You would have to have gates at the entrance to every spoke off the hub (which also have to be manned).. if i'm paying the high theme park prices, I don't want to be waiting in lines just to go from one area to another. Plus the hub could get ridiculously crowded with paying and free guests. Realize City Walk is similar, but you don't have to go through the main part of City Walk to go Park to Park, much less having it split one park. The way the walkways are designed doesn't really seem logical if going to have gates to the different areas.

Something I read explained the reason for doing it that way—with the hub and then the areas spiking off that, was partly because they want a City Walk like area which is free and to make each land as immersive as possible. Comparing the immersiveness to Diagon Alley— you cant see or hear any other part of the park from that area.

Indeed this is all very wild speculation.

From the few places I've read speculating the "free to enter hub" I've also read many more that say it was was discussed in the early stages but since dropped.

And I have yet to read a "reliable" insider mention anything about Star Trek.

So until Universal says anything, take everything with a huge grain of salt.

If anything is expanding on the right side of the map it's going to be FB. Ilvermorny has yet to be revealed and if it does, I would imagine Universal would want to take advantage and showcase two wizarding world schools in their parks.

I would rather see a LOTR land than Star Trek...and I grew up on STNG, DS9 and Voyager.

Star Trek screams a 3D motion simulator and a 10-forward type restaurant (rather than Quarks) which is lame where as LOTR could be a real ride with fun fantasy world immersion like HP.

I would rather see a LOTR land than Star Trek...and I grew up on STNG, DS9 and Voyager.

Star Trek screams a 3D motion simulator and a 10-forward type restaurant (rather than Quarks) which is lame where as LOTR could be a real ride with fun fantasy world immersion like HP.

Unfortunately, from what I've heard/read, Tolkien's estate is against a theme park using LOTR for a land/attractions.

Why would your imagination be so limited when it comes to Star Trek? The possibilities would be endless. I'd personally prefer it to LOTR.

My husband has been saying for years that Universal should sell all the Marvel rights to DIsney and re-theme the Marvel area into Star Trek. If this new park does indeed get a Star Trek area I may never see my husband on our vacations again.

Do you think the concept art will change from now until the park opens in like 2022? 2023? 2024? I remember when IOA opened it was supposed to be a cartoon world DC comics theme to it but then changed over time to at least 6 themed lands at IOA bringing Jurassic park, lost continent, toon lagoon, etc to Uni’s second theme park. I really wanted a retro themed world was hoping the roller coaster was a themed back to the future Delorean roller coaster oh well. And the water features would give hope for a return of Jaws. Ghostbusters could’ve been a part of classic monsters world but oh well. I wanted a King Kong New York styled attraction to comeback too. I mean things can change from now until the park opens since building haven’t even started to be built in the park correct?

Do you think the concept art will change from now until the park opens in like 2022? 2023? 2024? I remember when IOA opened it was supposed to be a cartoon world DC comics theme to it but then changed over time to at least 6 themed lands at IOA bringing Jurassic park, lost continent, toon lagoon, etc to Uni’s second theme park. I really wanted a retro themed world was hoping the roller coaster was a themed back to the future Delorean roller coaster oh well. And the water features would give hope for a return of Jaws. Ghostbusters could’ve been a part of classic monsters world but oh well. I wanted a King Kong New York styled attraction to comeback too. I mean things can change from now until the park opens since building haven’t even started to be built in the park correct?

I have a feeling that things will change, how minor, or significant, who knows, but I seriously doubt they'll essentially bring back old attractions in a new form. While bringing things like that back would be absolutely amazing, it's not going to happen. The only reason why we even got Kong "again" was, because of it being based off a new film that was released.

I have a feeling that things will change, how minor, or significant, who knows, but I seriously doubt they'll essentially bring back old attractions in a new form. While bringing things like that back would be absolutely amazing, it's not going to happen. The only reason why we even got Kong "again" was, because of it being based off a new film that was released.
Yea it does kind of suck I really miss those good old days being able to experience ET which is still their, earthquake, twister, terminator, kongfrontation, jaws, back to the future, Nickelodeon studios, Hanna barbera, fievel is still
Around but should be removed soon in kidszone sadly. Yea I wish the concept art would change overtime from now till the early 2020’s when the park should open. It would even be nice if a waterworld show came over to Orlando since it is a Universal IP. You think for sure the classic attractions won’t comeback even if they are recreated with new stories? For instance back to the future can feature a hill valley section where you can go into different buildings that would feature a e-ticket attraction just a dream though too bad it will never happen.

You think for sure the classic attractions won’t comeback even if they are recreated with new stories? For instance back to the future can feature a hill valley section where you can go into different buildings that would feature a e-ticket attraction just a dream though too bad it will never happen.

There is no money in it for Universal bringing back old outdated IP's.... A few thousand people on the internet longing for the 'Good ole days' isn't going to fill the parks.

Just had my 10 year old son watch Back to the Future so he would know who Doc was when we went... He thought it was ok, not super thrilling, hasn't shown any interest in seeing the others. These IP's mean nothing to younger generations.

Unless there is a new movie release that does a billion+ $'s about any of those old rides, the future is always going to be new rides based on newer movies/stories. (Outside of rumored Classic Monsters... But that will end up being more modern than the word 'Classic' implies I think.)

Yea it does kind of suck I really miss those good old days being able to experience ET which is still their, earthquake, twister, terminator, kongfrontation, jaws, back to the future, Nickelodeon studios, Hanna barbera, fievel is still
Around but should be removed soon in kidszone sadly. Yea I wish the concept art would change overtime from now till the early 2020’s when the park should open. It would even be nice if a waterworld show came over to Orlando since it is a Universal IP. You think for sure the classic attractions won’t comeback even if they are recreated with new stories? For instance back to the future can feature a hill valley section where you can go into different buildings that would feature a e-ticket attraction just a dream though too bad it will never happen.

To be honest, I'm surprised they're even doing a "Classic Monsters" type of attraction. However, it is understandable as it is Universal's legacy in Hollywood as a whole (they still have Horror Make Up Show) and not only that, but they are planning, or at least in talks of releasing a new series of monster films using the classic Universal monster characters.

Those are two examples right there is something that is "nostalgic", but bringing brought back (Universal Monsters and Kong), but like I said only, because there is a film, or franchise in relation to the project.

As much as I'd love a lot of those attractions back, or something even better in those relation to those films, or shows it's not really going to happen. They're moving forward. The only other film I can think of that has a slight chance would be Terminator, with it's new film dropping Nov 1st and if all goes well will have a couple more.

Yes it would be awesome if Terminator came back as a matter of fact Universal is really lacking a Sci-Fi World I’m hoping we will see something like this come to life at the new park. You never know those expansion pads could be left open for a Sci-Fi land. No one knows since none of the lands have been officially announced by Universal. I think Universal is missing out on Lord Of the Rings and Star Trek if it doesn’t come, that space themed building I can’t think of anything else but Star Trek don’t know about you.

Universal would be smart to mine their treasure trove. A true classic never goes out of style

IMO a great amusement park needs to have a sentimental hook in addition to all the newest bells & whistles. Even a small presence does the trick. Nintendo will help To some degree

U has lots of in-house options as to theming, including the classic monsters. Perhaps they should call upon the doctor for advice

E97570F2-9B01-4AB4-87E8-834445761002.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!