Fun Date Night

DisRunnerGal

Earning My Ears
Looking for some ideas for a fun date night restaurant. We aren't very picky and love to try new places. Doesn't have to be fancy, but delicious food is a must!

Love Disney date nights! We are dropping our son at the Pixar Play zone the boating it over to WL for drinks at either Geyser Point or Territory Lodge, weather depending. From there we are doing dinner at Boathouse at DS and if there’s time drinks at California Grill to end the night. We can go to dinner any night at home, figured it would be more fun to hop around.

If we had park tickets on our date day we would be checking out Nomad’s for sure.

Also check out Highway in the Sky for something different.

Do you have any thoughts on what else you'd like to do that night? Disney Springs? Go to a park? Visit a resort? There are so many options.

That's the problem! So many options! We just want somewhere where we know we're in Disney. Not something we could get at home. We're staying at the Poly and have park hoppers, so anything is game. Just no dress codes, it's hard enough to beat the heat in August!

Do your own Highway in the Sky. DH and I just did this, it was awesome!!

We started at the Poly 7PM: Got a drink at the Tambu Lounge. Try the Lapu Lapu, a delicious rum drink inside a pineapple. So good!!
Off to the GF: Got a drink and an appetizer at Mizners. It's right behind the band. It was fantastic.
Off to the Contemporary: We had a reservation at California Grill at 9PM. We arrived a little early and got a drink at the bar. We watched HEA from the walkway, it was a great view and no MK crowds!! We got seated after the fireworks, it was perfect! Finished off the night sharing a pepperoni wood fired pizza, so good.

We enjoyed ourselves very much. Saved a bunch over the official Highway in the Sky tour.

So I have a few favorite date night locations:
  • DS - pick any of the restaurants ( although our favorite is Raglan Road ) and then after dusk walk around, people watch, stop for a cocktail if that's your thing. Just take it all in and do it leisurely.
  • Poly - we love the tropical vibe here. O'Hana's is a tough ressie to get but the food is good if you like meat. You can stroll around the property afterwards to stroll over to GF for the fireworks ( or watch them from the Poly pool/beach area )
  • BC - this one is my all time favorite. Choose a dinner location ( we always to Yachtmans when we plan to stop here for date night ) and then enjoy a walk around the resort or a walk over to Boardwalk. The way the pool area at BC is lit up at night is pure magic. Ahhhhh.

We love Cali Grill date nights so we can watch the fireworks together.

Once we did Trader Sam's at the Poly for drinks and appetizers, then had a romantic stroll around the Poly, then we took the monorail to the CR for a Cali dinner. That was really fun because we met other couples at TS's and laughed and talked with them.

Another night we had a nice, early dinner at WL and then headed to Cali Grill later for dessert, drinks, and fireworks.

Just be aware that if you have to use childcare, it can take a very long time to use boat transport around the lake (if you are leaving kids at one resort and visiting another). We took the boat from the Poly one night to MK and then took a boat from MK to WL and it took us over an hour to do that- by the time we waited on boats. If you have to use Disney transport, factor in a lot of time for that.

We haven't done it, but I also think that a date night at AKL would be very romantic. I just find it to be a lovely resort. Dinner at Jiko followed by a stroll, relaxing by the fire, then some night goggles animal viewing and some drinks would be a romantic date night.

If you can afford it, the Wanyama Safari dinner is one of the most romantic things to do at WDW. It used to be offered only to AKL resort guests, but I think they have opened it to anyone now.

You can also do the Savor the Savanna Experience at AK park. You just also have to purchase a theme park ticket in addition to paying for the tour.

So many wonderful date night options at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter