Fun (non-buffet) resort breakfast

Joyful2018

Mouseketeer
For our checkout morning? We eat in our room every morning but looking for a ts for breakfast before we leave. Staying offsite, so we will have a rental car

Was initially thinking whispering canyon but trying to find other options to discuss with DH thx

Ohana is family style for breakfast with characters
Trattoria al Forno (Bon Voyage breakfast)
Kona Cafe if you are looking to try the famous Tonga Toast
The Wave gets good reviews

I'll also recommend Trattoria al Forno (Bon Voyage breakfast) it was one of our favorite.

The best we've been to is Boma but it's a buffet.

We have also been to:
Captain's Grill (now is called Ale and Compass) and it was good and very well priced.
Whispering Canyon and it was good.
Olivia's and it was okay. We heard it was to die for but we didn't find that. But was good.
1900 Park Fare was meh and is a buffet with characters so it's pricey.
Ohana was meh and is family style with characters so it's pricey.
Cindi's Castle and it was wayyyyy to pricey for what you got.

THE VERY BEST WE HAVE BEEN TO...Cali Grill's brunch (Sundays only) and it is very pricey (so we can only do once in a while for special occasion) but very very good.

Here are some non AYCE options at resorts:
Wave, Olivia's, Whispering Canyon, Ale and Compass, Kona, Trattoria Al Forno, Sanaa (has a breakfast but I think it's pretty plain and might be like a CS), Grand FL Cafe

thanks, i'm trying to avoid a flat rate charge meal cause i will have a 10 yr old who will still prefer to eat off the kids menu

Kona cafe or Olivias look good

If you are looking for "fun" and non-buffet, the best choice is WCC, but if fun doesn't matter too much, there are good non-buffet breakfasts at the Wave and Kona. The good thing about the Wave is that you can choose buffet or a la carte, which is a nice option since the adults can have the buffet and the kids can order a la carte. The Wave buffet is reasonably priced for a Disney restaurant.

We stayed at WL in February, didn't get to the hotel until 2:30 am so we just wanted a sit-down breakfast where we could take our time and wake up properly. After our server was "rude" to us at WCC and threw the straws on the table at us, DH looked at me bewilderingly and I was like "oh, yeah, I guess I should have mentioned". At first he wasn't too happy about it because he needs the time to drink his coffee and wake up but by the end he was totally into it. He had the server in stitches. Great start to the morning. So, if you want fun, WCC is a good choice. I understand that it's not quite as raucous or over the top as dinner but it's still fun.

The good thing about the Wave is that you can choose buffet or a la carte, which is a nice option since the adults can have the buffet and the kids can order a la carte. The Wave buffet is reasonably priced for a Disney restaurant.

Yep!!!

It’s not “fun”, per se, but I’ve had very good service there, it’s reasonable, and the food is good.

Some suggestions:
Trattoria with Rapunzel & Flynn (boardwalk)
Ohana is family style all you can eat (mickey & stitch)
There's Kona...but its not "fun". Frankly i dont really like the atmosphere of this place.
GF Cafe is pretty good...food is delish and the atmosphere is gorgeous. But im not sure its "fun".

If you are looking for "fun" and non-buffet, the best choice is WCC, but if fun doesn't matter too much, there are good non-buffet breakfasts at the Wave and Kona. The good thing about the Wave is that you can choose buffet or a la carte, which is a nice option since the adults can have the buffet and the kids can order a la carte. The Wave buffet is reasonably priced for a Disney restaurant.
I agree! The Wave is very good and one of my faves! I highly recommend.

Whispering Canyon or Kona would be my vote. Whispering Canyon is more "fun", but we like being able to look out over the lobby and being in the Poly at Kona. Poly has such a Disney feel for us, that its been a good send-off for us in the past.

Olivia's is fine, but its probably the least popular one mentioned here. I probably would only go there if I were staying at OKW. There's nothing particularly special about it, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter