Fun Times with David's.

SwirlTheCitrus

Think 🍊 Thoughts!
So... I booked BLT for next June.

Received my confirmation number in a day.

Confirmation number is invalid. Called DVC and confirmed that this is true; a step was missed in the booking, blah, blah.

David's is giving me the run around. Two days later and finally I receive a response: "Currently it's a four and a half hour wait to call DVC," but that the "owners are trying."

Has anyone else had this happen? And WHY is that my problem? I paid for a reservation. I do not have a reservation. I don't care where it comes from. 😖

I just want to use my credit and be done with them.

Last edited:
If the reservation is booked, it will show on the members dashboard and you should easily be given the number.

There is no need to call MS. If that is needed, then IMO, the reservation you think you booked was not actually booked and the owner is trying to find a way to fix the mistake the made because that room is no longer available.

The only other option is that they didn’t put in your name and need to get lead guest changed, But, they couod at least list you as a guest and send the information while they wait to get it fixed,

I’d email or call and ask exactly what the problem is.

So pretty much everything other than the Standard view is open and even that is open most of the month.

COVID19 is happening still so there is major backups because of all the issues that have happened previously. If the member is correctly it then I might give them a chance. I would outline though that getting through is a single day thing not a multiday thing.

If they don't have a resolution by tomorrow afternoon I would ask for you a cancellation or a discount with compensation to be at the same resort (move from STD to Lake View worth of points).

If the reservation is booked, it will show on the members dashboard and you should easily be given the number.

There is no need to call MS. If that is needed, then IMO, the reservation you think you booked was not actually booked and the owner is trying to find a way to fix the mistake the made because that room is no longer available.

The only other option is that they didn’t put in your name and need to get lead guest changed, But, they couod at least list you as a guest and send the information while they wait to get it fixed,

I agree with Sandi - if the reservation truly was booked, the owner simply needs to open the member website and copy down the confirmation number. Yes, they do need to go through the process of changing the lead guest's name if they haven't made the renter the lead guest yet, but they could add the renter to the list of guests so that the renter could link the reservation to MDE while the owner goes through that process. Furthermore, changing the name of the lead guest can be done via Chat or email to MS and does not require a phone call.

So, I was given a number by David's, and a screenshot of the reservation from the owners, but my Disney experience was saying that it was invalid. I waited for 24 hours to see if it simply was still processing, and when it didn't work, I called guest services. The cast member I spoke with put me on hold and spoke with DVC, who told her and that the reservation itself had an error, and would not allow the system to make an actual reservation at Bay lake tower.

both the DVC cast member and the guest services cast member told me that the only way to rectify this is for the member to call and to fix missing information and the reservation that caused it to be invalid.

I agree with Sandi - if the reservation truly was booked, the owner simply needs to open the member website and copy down the confirmation number. Yes, they do need to go through the process of changing the lead guest's name if they haven't made the renter the lead guest yet, but they could add the renter to the list of guests so that the renter could link the reservation to MDE while the owner goes through that process. Furthermore, changing the name of the lead guest can be done via Chat or email to MS and does not require a phone call.
The reservation has the correct name on it, but is not a valid reservation. Apparently it's an error that David's has seen before.

both the DVC cast member and the guest services cast member told me that the only way to rectify this is for the member to call and to fix missing information and the reservation that caused it to be invalid.
The reservation has the correct name on it, but is not a valid reservation. Apparently it's an error that David's has seen before.
Oh my, I'm sorry! In that case, I think you should tell David's that they have until a certain date (a week at most, maybe less depending on what they've told you so far) to provide you with a valid reservation, or else you'll expect a full refund and will take your business elsewhere. David's isn't the only source of rentals - DISboards is one!

Oh my, I'm sorry! In that case, I think you should tell David's that they have until a certain date (a week at most, maybe less depending on what they've told you so far) to provide you with a valid reservation, or else you'll expect a full refund and will take your business elsewhere. David's isn't the only source of rentals - DISboards is one!
The OP mentioned having a travel credit in their first post. I don’t think it will be possible to take their business elsewhere.
I just want to use my credit and be done with them.

So, I was given a number by David's, and a screenshot of the reservation from the owners, but my Disney experience was saying that it was invalid. I waited for 24 hours to see if it simply was still processing, and when it didn't work, I called guest services. The cast member I spoke with put me on hold and spoke with DVC, who told her and that the reservation itself had an error, and would not allow the system to make an actual reservation at Bay lake tower.

There are a few reasons why the reservation might have an error. One of them could be that the owner borrowed more than the permitted number of points from their next use year in order to make the reservation. Another reason could be that the owner is in arrears on paying their dues and DVC will not permit them to make any reservations until they are current.

Or it could just be one of DVC’s many computer glitches.

Whatever the reason, I think that it’s fair to allow the owner the benefit of the doubt and give them time to rectify the problem. Unfortunately, having a middleman like David’s only makes it more difficult to wait for answers. I hope it all works out for you, OP. Let us know what the final outcome is.

Okay, if it's DVC computer's fault / glitch, than maybe I would try to work it out. It's only in Dave's best interest to truly make sure the reservation is valid, or he will have failed his part of the transaction, which of course would go back on the owner. They both need to rectify it, screen shots means nothing if you can't check-in. They are asking for troubles if they don't take steps now to try and resolve. Because a failed check-in will give you grounds to pursue them for much more than the price of the rental itself.

Great3

The OP mentioned having a travel credit in their first post. I don’t think it will be possible to take their business elsewhere.

Sorry, I didn't notice you mention you have a credit, so you can't demand a full refund or go somewhere else.

So, I would remind Dave that he will be in more trouble if he doesn't take the time now to resolve with the owner, it's going to cost him and the owner more later, if you can't check in. It's his and the owner's obligation to make sure it's valid. And I will say, I had to call member service this week for something else, and I didn't wait more than 15 minutes before they answer as well.

Great3

Oh boy! If this is a credit voucher trip, I’m thinking this isn’t going to end well.... Please continue to post your experiences here. This thread will come in handy for the rest of the people who took a credit voucher in hopes of not being further shafted...

I hope you get your trip! David should be able to tell you exactly what the issue is. It’s his responsibility to handle it on his end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter