Fun with Kids day 1: TTC Limo, arrival at Coronado Springs

Redmic

Can't fold fitted sheets
Cast: Mom, trip planner; Dad, "point me in the right direction and tell me what to do"; DD#1, age 9, lover of all things expensive; DD#2, age 6, goes with the flow.

Our day started off with a sunrise rainbow, so we knew it would be a good day! After a long day of connecting flights from Maine, we arrived in Orlando at 4:50 p.m. We looked for Don from Tiffany Town Car Service, but a different driver was holding our sign. We were told Don was out of town. Oh well, we grabbed our ONE checked bag (yes, people, it can be done!) and headed out to the pick up area. The hubby and kids were expecting a town car, but I had secretly hired a limo. My DD#1 has had a limo obsession since she was able to talk. I have no idea where it came from. She and her friends have sold Koolaid "to raise money for a limo ride" (ixnay to that by mom) since she was 5. Anyway we had a pretty bad year, my mother died of cancer and the kids took it very hard, and at the funeral they had a chance to ride in a limo, but I had a relative watch them while we went to the cemetery because I did not want their first limo ride to be in such sad circumstances. It brought home to me how precious and short life is, so I decided to do the limo thing in a happy circumstance that they could remember fondly forever. Well, when the beautiful, huge, white stretch limo pulled into our space DD#1 looked puzzled and I said "Surprise"! Both DDs were SOOOO excited, beyond my expectations. They got in and just kept saying "I can't believe you got a limo!" I poured them ginger ale in champagne glasses and we took photos. There were tiny lights in the ceiling and around the bar that changed color from lilac to yellow, to blue, to aqua. I asked the driver if any celebrities had ridden in that limo and he said Barbara Streisand ("who's that?"), members of the Orlando Magic ("yawn"), and and this past Friday, 'N Sync (WOW oh WOW, this is the BEST vacation ever!) DD#1 prayed that the limo would break down so we could spend the night in it!

Alas, no breakdown and we arrived at CSR on time. I had considered asking for the often recommended building 8A, but decided to just ask for "nonsmoking room near the dig site". Of course, we got building 8A! LOL! The bell service man rode us over on a cart, pointing things out along the way. Our room was on the second floor and had a corner of windows for lots of light. A lot of rooms have this feature at CSR, due to its design. The room was very clean and we had a coffee maker (but no filters), iron, and ironing board.

We took the kids to the playground, which was really neat and we ate at the pool snack bar. The main pool was closed due to and accident (this happened twice while we were there), so we went to the Rancho pool for a quick dip. The Rancho area is beautiful, our favorite area. Our room was in the cabana section, but the rancho pool was actually closer, so we swam there several times. After our dip, the kids went to bed while I quietly unpacked. Tomorrow: Animal Kingdom.

A perfectly wonderful way to start your trip!!! I'm sure that the limo ride was just the best. Hey, I've never been in a limo before! Thanks for posting!

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>
mickey87.gif
jump.cgi

Your trip is off to a good start. Good surprise on the limo. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter