Funny story about the house we may buy and DISNEY!

Beauty

DIS Veteran
As you can see from my coutdown we are really really close to our trip to Disney. Well my mom and I were discussing the house today and she says "do you want to cancel the trip to Disney and buy a new sofa and recliners for the den?" Ummmmmm let me think, NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROTFLOL!!! We can very well afford to get a new sofa and recliners without cancelling our trip. My mom is hillarious. I know shes excited about possibly getting our new home but cancel Disney????? Nope, not happening, sorry!!!

LOL! I wish we could afford both the house and the trip, but I know from experience that if we try the trip, the house will be a year later even though the trip just sets us back one month's worth of savings. Once we get started, we don't stop :rolleyes:

Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!

Cancel a trip to WDW just because you are buying a house!!!!!!
Oh my goodness!!!!!! You and your Mom sound my Mom and I used to!!!!!

I am so glad that you can afford both! Good luck with both!!

You know it would really have been different if we had Needed the Disney money for the downpayment or something that actually had to do with the purchase of the home...but for a new living room suite and recliners....uuhh-uuhh....nope.....She knows as well as I do that we can afford the living room set without cancelling the trip....but we have 6 living room sets between the 3 families that will be living in the house. My mom has one in her den and one in her living room, my grandmother has one in her living room and I have one in my den and one in my living room. I really think we need new furniture don't yall...LOL!

Too funny! We actually take possession of our new home on 11/22. Guess where I'll be?! Disney World! Am I cancelling? NO WAY! DH will be here to take care of things and I'll be home on 11/23. There is no way I'd cancel my trip either!

Beth :sunny:

Thats funny Beth!! Our "potential" closing date assuming everything goes the way we have it planned is August 31st...of course depending on if our offer if accepted...anyway we leave on September the 6th when is when we probably SHOULD be moving in...nope sorry...LOL! We can move in the end of September. Disney is definatly IMPORTANT!!!!

Isn't it great when you have so much good stuff at once.....new house, new furniture, DISNEY!!!!!

Wow!

It's overwhelming.

Your mom must be on crack or something to suggest you cancel WDW. She's probably just jealous that you have so much going on. People who don't have a lot going on can get snippy :(

Beth, you need to gently remind her that she gets to meet me on you trip, so, of course you can't cancel ;) ! I'm so glad the house hunting was easy for you. Good luck on them accepting your offer.

Sounds to me like you should sell all that extra furniture and use the $ to take another trip!

Too funny!!! Reminds me of our home buying/Disney experience 3 years ago! We purchased our house and went to Disney with my folks, sister and BIL. We were scheduled to fly home on Sunday and close both houses on Monday morning......well, it didn't happen. I had to call our realtor from the Newark airport Sunday night. We were stranded there and scheduled to take the first flight out the next morning! Thankfully both our realtor and mortgage officer are friends of ours and were able to put off the closing until late Monday afternoon.

LOL... At least you can afford to have your cake and eat it too!!! :teeth:

Well to be honest John and I are definatly middle-middle where money is concerned. My mother is the one who invested wisely and my father is the one who provided over and beyond for my mom in the case of something happening to him (which it did:( ) I am simply honored enough to be the daughter or these two great people and to be close enough to my mother and for my husband to be close enough to my mother that living together in a large house will be no problem for us. Believe me I thank God for our blessings everyday but I thank him more for my mom who is the most wonderful mother anyone could ever dream of having.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter